PDA

View Full Version : Updated photo of the family

Dr. Peter Venkman
12-07-2007, 8:40 PM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d123/WiseBobo/IMG_0084.jpg

From left to right without looking at notes:

A perfectly legal linear accelerator, model "Bertha". No pistol grip or flash suppressor on that bad boy.

1896/1945 Sestrotretsk/Sako M39

1941 Tula SVT-40 researsenaled with some Izvhesk parts and an AVT stock

1943 Izvhesk 91/30, rearsenaled after the war.

1916 Enfield SMLE, I didn't sporterize it. Pristine bore but I still need to restore it.

1942? (or 1944, can't remember) K31 w/ arsenal tag. I have yet to fire it.

1942 Lithgow SMLE

1943 DOU K98, a great shooter and one of my most accurate milsurps that I have actually fired.

Unknown year Type 99 Kokura Arsenal. I forget the series, but it's in the 20s.

1933 Tula 91/30, Finnish Capture.

1944 Izvhesk M44 Carbine.

Post-war (series is FG, not sure the exact date) French MAS 36. Yet to fire it.

Yugoslavian M59 'simonov pattern'. Picked this up from wellfedirishman. A very accurate SKS. It has tech sights and a rail mount on a different receiver cover. Also came with an assortment of goodies.

1952 (sheesh, can't even remember the year) Tula SKS. I had to file down the gas tube lever myself to stop it from popping up. It works, ha.

Prize of my possesion, Late 1944/Early 1945 M1 Garand which was rearsenaled. This was from the highest CMP grade four years ago. My most accurate milsurp I have fired. If I do my part in can shoot groups the size of nickels and quarters at 100 yards. I've got a few bad habits and my M1 lets me KNOW when I'VE screwed up.

Late 1930s Mossberg 151b, .22 LR. Picked this up also from wellfedirishman. Still waiting for a long range session with it. :D

GSequoia
12-07-2007, 9:22 PM
I don't like you.

Nice weaponry.

Paratus et Vigilans
01-03-2008, 2:09 PM
Sooooo......

What sort of things does "Bertha" accelerate??? :confused:

Soldier415
01-03-2008, 2:13 PM
Sooooo......

My heart rate...

Dr. Peter Venkman
01-13-2008, 8:25 PM
Sooooo......

Things in a linear fashion. :D

Luckadoo
01-14-2008, 8:45 PM
Very impressed by the arsenal. :gunsmilie:

Looks like the grass could use some cutting though! :jump:

Atmosphere
01-19-2008, 3:31 PM
So I take it the "linear accelerator" is a potato cannon? Kind of a small combustion chamber for such a long barrel dont ya think?

MrTuffPaws
01-19-2008, 4:39 PM
For a second there, I thought you had a recoilless rifle.

Dr. Peter Venkman
01-23-2008, 12:28 AM
So I take it the "linear accelerator" is a potato cannon? Kind of a small combustion chamber for such a long barrel dont ya think?

I can get enough pressure to launch a few things; the problem is the gas escaping around the objects I am trying to accelerate. I end up having to use 'Sabot' rounds. I'll make a pneumatic accelerator soon enough.

For a second there, I thought you had a recoilless rifle.

Haha. Not yet.

Atmosphere
01-23-2008, 9:01 PM
I can get enough pressure to launch a few things; the problem is the gas escaping around the objects I am trying to accelerate. I end up having to use 'Sabot' rounds. I'll make a pneumatic accelerator soon enough.

If your barrel is 1.5 in you can ram a plastic milk jug cap down the barrel and it will act like a wad (i think this is the correct term) on a black powder gun. Another way to ensure a sealed fit is the have the end of the barrel bevelled which will cause excess on the potato to be cut off as you ram it down the barre. Also try using zip-lock baggies full of dry dog food= shotgun effect.

Dr. Peter Venkman
01-24-2008, 8:47 AM
If your barrel is 1.5 in you can ram a plastic milk jug cap down the barrel and it will act like a wad (i think this is the correct term) on a black powder gun. Another way to ensure a sealed fit is the have the end of the barrel bevelled which will cause excess on the potato to be cut off as you ram it down the barre. Also try using zip-lock baggies full of dry dog food= shotgun effect.

I've tried the wadding before using a variety of things and it has worked; didn't do the beveled edge thing since I didn't launch any potatoes with it. I will try that plastic cap.