View Full Version : Las Vegas gun stores

12-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Which Vegas gunstore do you recommend that is near the strip? I'm gonna party it up the 26-30th and i've never been to a gun shop out of state.

12-07-2007, 1:50 PM
Well, the one on Tropicana, about 4-5 miles off the strip is one. IIRC, it is called "The Gun Store." You can rent all sorts of guns to shoot, including AR/AK if IIRC.

Don't ask to look at the new guns, because if they know you are out of state, they won't let you hold them since you can't buy them. They will basically tell you you are wasting their time in a not so nice manner.

They do have a large amount of used rental guns they will let you check out tho.

There is another one, but I can't for the life of me recall where it is. Someone will probably jump in and let you know tho.

12-07-2007, 1:52 PM
The only one I know of near the strip if The Gun Store, which is a couple of miles off the strip on Tropicana. It appears to be less about selling guns and more about charging tourists (always lots of Brits in there, LOL) $1.00 per round to shoot some exotic guns. It's worth a visit, if you've always wanted to shoot a full auto SAW, Thompson SMG or M3 "Grease Gun". Not always the most friendly staff though. Link: http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/

In N. Las Vegas, there is a very cool pawn / gun store called Bargain Pawn. The gun counter is behind a cage door. The owner has the largest collection of long guns mounted on the walls, you have ever seen! Very helpful and friendly. Take your C&R license if you have one. The shop is a rough diamond amongt all the glitz of Los Vegas. It is a cab ride though, as it is in a bit of a crappy neighborhood. Link: http://www.bargainpawn.com/gunsales.html

Wierd little gun store is : National Survival Store, 4663 Spring Mountain Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89102 Tel: (702) 871-7795. Some cool guns (saw my first Saiga 12 there) but the shop reminded me of the basement of the army surplus store in the film "Falling Down", except without any of the nazi stuff.

12-07-2007, 3:42 PM
If you're looking to rent full auto guns my advice is to stay away from the "las vegas gun range" on blue diamond road. Some friends and I went there a few months ago. It was disappointing. I really didn't like having an employee baby sitting us the whole time like we're a bunch of re-re's. I realize it's for safety reasons, and they probably do it everywhere but it takes a lot of the fun out of it. Basically it amounted to him handing us a loaded thompson(unsafe) then blast away, and handing it back. Also when the gun started to malfunction, the guy acted like it was normal, and we were F'ing tourist idiots. We couldn't seen to explain to him that when you let off the trigger, the weapon isn't supposed to fire 7 or 8 more rounds all on it's own. :rant:

If you just want to check out A cool place that has guns I recommend "Bass Pro". They have lots to look at. indoor firing range, archery range, trout pond...blah blah blah.

12-07-2007, 4:05 PM
Is American Shooters Supply still on Decatur near Trop or Flamingo? Maybe I'm dating myself, been a while.

E. Fudd
12-07-2007, 6:35 PM
Is American Shooters Supply still on Decatur near Trop or Flamingo? Maybe I'm dating myself, been a while.

I believe it's still at the same location. Also has indoor range w/ rentals, if I recall correctly. Nice clean, well-lit gun store vs. the rather dark and dingy 'Gun Store'...

Fwiw, most of the FA rental ranges I've been to in Vegas have one of their (armed) staff assigned to each shooter, both for range safety and to instruct you on the manual of arms and help clear jams, etc.

Someone once told me years back in Vegas that 'renting' machine guns was not legal. However, shooting 'lessons' w/ MG's are fine. Don't know how accurate that was... Maybe that's why there is/was a one to one ratio of 'instructors' to students.

Fyi, most of my experience has been w/ pretty cool R.O.'s. They run you through the manual of arms, how to load/unload, safety, basic stance, etc., then let you fire off a mag. If you seem to know what you are doing, show proper control of the weapon in FA mode (don't shoot into the ceiling, shoot out the lights, shoot out the target retrieval wires, etc.), they pretty much leave you alone, except when I needed help with a tough jam. Once, I had a serious stuck case in chamber jam when a .380 reload got mixed up w/ the 9mm's. It fired, but took a bit of work to get the case out... I stuck with trying to keep it down to 2-3 round burst and not have any mikes on the target.

YMMV w/ range staff.... You can imagine some of the noobs they must get at the Vegas FA ranges. Some may have never shot a gun before, much less know proper range etiquette. Give him/her a FA subgun and have them rip off a 30 round burst... I know they make a fortune on ammo, but it must get exciting for the R.O.'s at times... :eek:

12-07-2007, 6:41 PM
CItadel gun and safes. Friendly staff and great selection