PDA

View Full Version : San Jose gun show

kmca
12-07-2007, 10:12 AM
I haven't been to a San Jose gun show in a couple of years (was very disappointed then). I need some powder, bullets, primers, mag kits and maybe some beef jerkey:rolleyes:. Is it worth the admission/parking or should I just mail order the stuff?

Cranium
12-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I hate to drive down attendance, but the show hasn't gotten any better in a couple of years. I'm limiting myself to the Cow Palace now. Which sucks, because now I have to buy jerky in bulk, and it sure adds up!

ivanimal
12-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I know of at least one vendor selling OLL stuff there this weekend.

kmca
12-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Is the Vallejo show any better, i.e. worth the gas and time?

Sgt Raven
12-07-2007, 12:40 PM
Is the Vallejo show any better, i.e. worth the gas and time?

The only thing better about the Vallejo show is MiWall is there. :p

Boomer1961
12-08-2007, 9:34 AM
The only thing better about the Vallejo show is MiWall is there. :p

...and with both shows going on the same time....

.....and with 3 out of 4 weekends being gun show free.....

.....these idiots decided to schedule shows the same weekend....

...........so expect each to have half of what they have when they do not compete.

These folks should have ate their vegetables and went to bed on time when they were children, instead they grew up and never learned that such childish behaviour will destroy both of them.:43:

kmca
12-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Just got back from the gun show. It's worse than I remember. They only used half of the hall. No reloading supplies to speak of. I ended up buying some ammo boxes just so it wasn't a complete waste of money. And, there was only one jerky vendor. :p

Max-the-Silent
12-08-2007, 1:26 PM
It's too depressing...

Ah, for the good 'ol days when the SJPD and ATF sealed the show and went through like avenging angels.

tlillard23
12-08-2007, 2:27 PM
Just came back, it was better then the last time. At least they were in the bigger building and not the "quilting room"
Saw a bunch of $1000 cmp garands.
the new thing was to have big signs saying 40% off (too bad the sticker prices were double..)

Boomer1961
12-08-2007, 4:11 PM
It's too depressing...

Ah, for the good 'ol days when the SJPD and ATF sealed the show and went through like avenging angels.

Yes, when the big hall was completely filled including the little L shaped part in front and they narrowed the aisles to sneak in more tables.

Those were pre-internet days and I could justify an hours drive time/gas/parking/ticket/$3 hot dog/$5 beer and I still saved a bundle on buying $50 worth of stuff.

Now they seem to be good only for ammo or for looking at the real thing that you end up buying on the internet.

I really liked the old Sacramento shows,

I really like the great western shows and went to one when I down there and ended up going at least once a year until the alleged big bust of machine gun, rocket launcher, anit-aircraft missiles, and small portable nuclear war heads bust that ended the show.

Funny you read about the 50 arrests but I read of only one conviction or plea deal from someone selling both machine gun kits and suppressor (oops, thats silencer, oops I mean both so not flaming please) and of course tubes and receivers.

Don't know whatever happened to all those grenades and missiles and machine guns they said they confiscated. Just another typical case of idiot LE enforcing laws on things they have no clue about and confusing inert empty used up training hand grenades with the real deal and ruining people due to their lack of education.

Also not sure why the great western show never took off after they moved to Texas except that everyone in Texas probably have enough missiles, tanks, and nuclear bombs all ready so not much sold.:D