PDA

View Full Version : Have idea,, need input and help.

cartman
12-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Most of us have seen the Brady bunch website and the infamous stopthenra.org. So I was thinking why can't we start a web site called stopthebradies.org? It can focus on debunking all their fabrications of gun violence. Like this list of assault weapons used in violent acts http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/assault/awb_violence.pdf
I started to review the incidents listed and most were gang on gang violence that the bradies implied were innocent people being shot. Others were just wrong and a few never listed the gun used, in fact one they listed as an assault weapon but the story said it was a hunting rifle. I'm wondering does this sound like an idea you would get behind or do you think it would be counterproductive or a waste of time?

CCWFacts
12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
stopthebradies.org is a bad idea. It sounds like a good idea but it is a bad idea. Focusing on your opponent is a strategy of the weak side. The fact that they have stopthenra.org shows that they are the losing side. We don't want to do that.

Hopi
12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes!!!

Politely highlighting inaccuracies and fallacies is not inappropriate.

We should have Michael Moore do a documentary expose.....wait a minute......

cartman
12-06-2007, 1:17 PM
I don't want to focus on the brady group only. I was thinking like a site that would be a general refrence of facts to debunk any antipropaganda from any source with links to places the facts came from. The name stop the bradies was a joke a friend and I thought up but I see what you mean.

gmcal
12-06-2007, 1:17 PM
The most telling item on the list of shootings is the incident on 9-1-04 in Los Angeles. The Fed AW ban expired but CA still had one in effect. Did the shooter somehow go to NV or AZ, legally buy an AK-47 and then come back to CA that same day to commit a crime? Or is it that the bans are ineffective against those type of people who would kill someone in the first place? Common sense gun laws my arse!

Funny how they only present the crimes committed with "assault weapons" after the ban expired and not the crimes committed during the ban. From the small amount of reading I've done on the subject there has not been a significant change.

IIRC, during the 2-25-05 TX incident, an CCW holder shot the assailant but did not know that he had a bullet proof vest on and was not injured. The CCW holder was then shot and killed before a LEO could retrieve his AR-15 and kill the assailant. The CCW holder was considered a hero and was credited for saving the assailants young son from being killed by his father. The assailant did succeed in killing his estranged wife. Yet, there is no story about the brave man who risked his own life and was killed while defending those who could not or would not defend themselves?

I can see why a website exposing the brady's lies sounds like a good idea, but I think it would wiser to not attack them directly. That just gives the brady's a chance rally others against evil and unreasonable gun owners.

milsurpshooter
12-06-2007, 1:39 PM
I don't want to focus on the brady group only. I was thinking like a site that would be a general refrence of facts to debunk any antipropaganda from any source with links to places the facts came from. The name stop the bradies was a joke a friend and I thought up but I see what you mean.

there is a site like that. CALGUNS.net

LECTRIKHED
12-06-2007, 3:33 PM
How about truthaboutguns.com or guntruth.com.

Bill_in_SD
12-06-2007, 4:04 PM
I personally like

a-human-right.com

I turn all the 'fence sitters' on to that site. A common sense approach that highlights the benefits of gun ownership for both personal defense and freedom from oppressive governments.

Bill in SD

Glock22Fan
12-06-2007, 5:31 PM
Call it "Gun_Control.com" and play devil's advocate on it. Publish articles showing how a CCW saved the day, and then castigate him for being Rambo. Claim that guns are the biggest threats to kids, and then publish tables showing that school football and swimming pools each kill more children. Publish claims that AW bans work, and then show the statistics.

Get the idea?

blackberg
12-06-2007, 5:55 PM
Call it "Gun_Control.com" and play devil's advocate on it. Publish articles showing how a CCW saved the day, and then castigate him for being Rambo. Claim that guns are the biggest threats to kids, and then publish tables showing that school football and swimming pools each kill more children. Publish claims that AW bans work, and then show the statistics.

Get the idea?

Unfortunately that wont work since THEY will see it as a support site.

I am willing to help if anyone decides to go with it.

I am more inclined to go with something that doesnot attack any particular group but just shows the facts

clean and simple so a dimwitt can understand

Glock22Fan
12-06-2007, 6:12 PM
Unfortunately that wont work since THEY will see it as a support site.

That's the whole point!

Think Shakespeare, Mark Anthony in Julius Caesar. "But Brutus is an honourable man . . ." repeated over and over again, interpersed with all the reasons why Brutus isn't really an honorable man after all.

Turned the crowd against the conspirators without saying a word that the conspirators could object to.

blackberg
12-06-2007, 6:53 PM
You will get it, I will get it, hopefully most here will get it, Joe Schmoe down the street that is on the fence probably wont get it and would go the wrong way.

One of my programming proffesors said once, "Treat all your users as they are stupid", if you give a user to many options he will pick the wrong one

-blackberg

Grouch
12-06-2007, 7:00 PM
http://www.gunfacts.info/

they beat you to it.

N6ATF
12-06-2007, 7:46 PM
StopCriminals.net

Since after all they are aiding and abetting criminals by trying to make all of us fundamentally victims.

cartman
12-07-2007, 1:05 AM
http://www.gunfacts.info/

they beat you to it.

Thats kinda what I had in mind but a sight that updates with new bogus stories. And for the record I don't want to attack any one group I just want to post facts with no opinion. I really like the idea of posting stories where ccw is used for protection.