PDA

View Full Version : No Calguns.net w/out the Nazi gun laws?

Hopi
12-06-2007, 11:24 AM
Question:
Would the Calguns.net community even exist without the stupid laws in this state? The reason I joined nearly 4 years ago was to research the laws to remain legal, and thanks to Ramon, Bill, and co. I was able to make myself at home.....without the need to research and receive factual law info, would i have ever found this place?
Perhaps one good thing came from these stupid laws.....

Soldier415
12-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Of course it would!

If nothing else, Dedeye would still be posting here. :D

Hopi
12-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Of course it would!

True, and SAS would still find a way to get banned.....:D

DedEye
12-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Of course it would!

Probably, but then again the reason I joined was because of legal research as well. :p

rkt88edmo
12-06-2007, 12:10 PM
maybe maybe not, even without the laws we still have cultural issues to deal with, and there are plenty of other state specific discussion groups, although most of them probably don't go as far as a state specific dedicated forum.

artherd
12-06-2007, 3:08 PM
I doubt it would exist in any form we would recognize.

Hopi
12-06-2007, 3:24 PM
I doubt it would exist in any form we would recognize.

Where would you have posted that picture of your oven though? :D

ETD1010
12-06-2007, 3:26 PM
I'll admit that it was the OLL issue that brought me here, but I've gained so much else that even if the all laws were gone, I'd still be here... The problem then becomes, would I have ever found this place if I didn't need info on gun laws? Probably, because I'd be buying so many friggin' guns, I'd eventually need help with some of them.... or so I'd like to think.

RRangel
12-06-2007, 3:28 PM
Most likely, yes. I'm not sure if you'd care to be here if that were the case though.

:)

Soldier415
12-06-2007, 3:29 PM
You would still come here for motivational posters, mall ninja sightings and outlandish arguments about illegal aliens...admit it :D

MudCamper
12-06-2007, 3:57 PM
Well the reason I came to CalGuns was to escape all the California-bashing that is so prevalent in all the other gun forums.

"You commies in kalifornia deserve all you get! Here in Tehas, we shoot first and ask questions later! Bla bla bla ad nauseam."

Liberty1
12-06-2007, 4:10 PM
It would still exist. How else would we coordinate who was bringing the marshmallows and smores to the next mandatory CA State Militia muster camp out and training weekend! :chris:

DedEye
12-06-2007, 4:29 PM
I actually found this website as a result of a story someone did about building a Cali-legal AK (had a bit of an anti slant to it) and the thread that was discussing it.

paradox
12-06-2007, 5:09 PM
Most likely, yes. I'm not sure if you'd care to be here if that were the case though.

:)

I thought you started this because Californian gun owners got so much **** on national forums due to our silly gun laws. :confused:

VegasND
12-06-2007, 5:22 PM
I came here looking for information about CA gun laws for a possible move back to the state. I stayed because this is one of the liveliest and varied forums I've found. There is a lot of information that is not just CA specific, and the entertainment is choice.:)

Bizcuits
12-06-2007, 5:33 PM
I'm betting it'd be like AR15.com

artherd
12-06-2007, 6:14 PM
Where would you have posted that picture of your oven though? :D

"Heavily Armed Homebuilder Chat . com" ;)

N6ATF
12-06-2007, 6:25 PM
CGN forum would exist, 2nd Amendment subforum might not.

toolman9000
12-06-2007, 6:28 PM
Well the reason I came to CalGuns was to escape all the California-bashing that is so prevalent in all the other gun forums.

"You commies in kalifornia deserve all you get! Here in Tehas, we shoot first and ask questions later! Bla bla bla ad nauseam."

+1

That is why I came here and stayed, I read other forums but rarely ever post. Calguns is #1 for me.

Annie Oakley
12-06-2007, 6:57 PM
I found Calguns by accident while I was googleing California gun laws. It was kind of funny though, I saw many non gun related things that were interesting and so I thought I would just keep coming back.

I look as Calguns kind of like a cyber club where I can go and not leave my house if I choose. Oh and most of the posts I read are interesting also.

Parag
12-06-2007, 7:28 PM
I think this site would still be there absent these laws. We'd just be discussing items such as full-auto Thompsons, ARs, and the like - where to get 20mm and 30mm shells cheap - how to build your own cruise-missile.

-- Parag

TheDM
12-06-2007, 7:56 PM
I'm sure you guys would be around, a lot of websites are around for stuff that is legal. You would just get to be an enthusiast website, which is really most of what goes on anyways.

Yankee Clipper
12-06-2007, 8:18 PM
It would still be a place to give and get info from sources that we can't all monitor. It also allows us to debunk a lot of misinformation coming from so called legal authorities.
It allows new shooters to find out what is legal to purchase/own and avoid legal pitfalls when doing so.
There is also a ton of information about AR-15/AK 47's going to our legislative representatives, the NRA and, no doubt, 'state bureaucracies' that is more meaningful because it originates from this site.
There are other sites doing or trying to do the same thing but this one has its own, by necessity, regional flavor.

oaklander
12-06-2007, 9:20 PM
It would still be here, but the community wouldn't be as tight as it is. I don't know of too many other boards where the people interact so much "off-line" like we do (shoot-n-que's, range days, build parties, group buys, etc.).

:D

metalhead357
12-06-2007, 10:39 PM
I'd still come here, I like hearing myself type and love seeing my own diatribes in print:p I too am a post whore:eek: just say guns and I'll blather for hours till I froth at the mouth.:eek::eek:

odesskiy
12-06-2007, 11:04 PM
I'd have helluva lot more money! I've joined in August and have since built an OLL that has surpassed the $2K mark and also picked up two more handguns on the way. Quit tempting me, you bastards!!!

Socal858
12-06-2007, 11:32 PM
without the laws we would be posting more dinner pictures on arfcom

donger
12-07-2007, 4:50 AM
I'd have helluva lot more money! I've joined in August and have since built an OLL that has surpassed the $2K mark and also picked up two more handguns on the way. Quit tempting me, you bastards!!!

Pfft. Two grand is nothing.:D