PDA

View Full Version : CZ Gunsmith in So Cal

What Just Happened?
12-05-2007, 8:10 AM
I was wondering if you guys knew of any gunsmith in the LA or San Diego area that would do a good action / trigger job on a CZ. Specifically, a CZ P-01. I know that some gunsmiths won't bother with them because of the decocker.

Thanks in advance.

Franksremote
12-05-2007, 10:11 PM
I was wondering if you guys knew of any gunsmith in the LA or San Diego area that would do a good action / trigger job on a CZ. Specifically, a CZ P-01. I know that some gunsmiths won't bother with them because of the decocker.

Thanks in advance.

I think Matt Mink on the East Coast is the only one that will openly work on decocker models. You can also try Angus at Ghostholster in AZ though last I spoke with him he wasn't all that keen on 'em either. They're a real PITA and most of us won't touch the decocker models more than once...

BamBam-31
12-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Sent my P-01 directly to Mike Eagleshield. Fantastic trigger job. Not cheap, though, especially with shipping both ways....

Franksremote
12-06-2007, 12:15 AM
Sent my P-01 directly to Mike Eagleshield. Fantastic trigger job. Not cheap, though, especially with shipping both ways....

Could you post or PM me more info on him? Pricing, examples, turn around, location, etc.? I'd like to be able to send folks to him for the decocker stuff I won't work on if he's got a good reputation for turning them out (haven't heard of him). Thanks

BamBam-31
12-07-2007, 12:40 AM
Mike is CZ-USA's master gunsmith. His email can be found on their website (www.cz-usa.com) under upgrades. I believe the trigger job was $100, shipping both ways was about $80, turnaround time was about two to three weeks.

What Just Happened?
12-07-2007, 6:20 AM
Thank you. I'll have to contact him.

Bob Hostetter
12-07-2007, 9:31 AM
Try Dave Lawver at Daves Metal Works in Covina, he does excellent work on CZ's. He can be reached at 626-859-0299