PDA

View Full Version : Question about stock

Eagle87Tango
12-04-2007, 9:17 AM
Hey everyone, getting a "new" rifle in about a week. I didn't like the way the stock looked. It's synthetic, and a little dingy and discolored. Should I just take a rag and water to it? or should I just hit it with a rattle can? I want to bring back that fresh off the assembly line black finish to it, without shelling out the cash for a new stock. I spray painted the synthetic stock on my mosin nagant and was really unhappy with the outcome. Even now, even though I painted it a while ago, it still seems sticky. Any advice?

oldrifle
12-04-2007, 10:38 AM
I want to bring back that fresh off the assembly line black finish to it, without shelling out the cash for a new stock. I spray painted the synthetic stock on my mosin nagant and was really unhappy with the outcome. Even now, even though I painted it a while ago, it still seems sticky. Any advice?

Truck bed liner spray! It looks great, it's very grippy and easy to hold on to and it's very durable. Oh, yeah, and at $8 for a big can it's cheap too! I use the Duplicolor brand, available at most auto parts stores. Soon I'll be posting pics of my Mosin Nagant done up with it. It turned out great. :cool:

It dries almost instantly too.

12-04-2007, 6:26 PM
You could just give it a good rub down with some CLP.