PDA

View Full Version : Another recommendation for AR15Barrels.com

Teletiger7
12-03-2007, 9:17 PM
Just wanted to tell everyone about my good experience having some work done at AR15Barrels.com
Randall did an excellent job fixing out of spec barrel threads that were on my Del-Ton upper.
Finally have a muzzle brake/comp at the end of the barrel for my MMG OLL. He was also very helpful/knowledgeable about ARs in general. Will definitely go there again if i need future work done.

rssslvr
12-03-2007, 9:27 PM
I plan on making a run out there soon to have some work done.I have heard nothing but good things about his work.

red67
12-04-2007, 5:54 PM
Randall is supposed to do very good work, however, please check his Industry forum over on Ar15.com before sending in work http://ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=230

Some of us have been waiting for close to 2 years for our custom barrels.

I may be new to this forum, however I've been an ARF members for years.

EDIT 12/20/07 - Randall did contact me, and it sounds like he has a plan to get everyone squared up. I'll keep you guys up-to-date. Thanks!

Harbinger
12-04-2007, 6:00 PM
Just wanted to tell everyone about my good experience having some work done at AR15Barrels.com
Randall did an excellent job fixing out of spec barrel threads that were on my Del-Ton upper.
Finally have a muzzle brake/comp at the end of the barrel for my MMG OLL. He was also very helpful/knowledgeable about ARs in general. Will definitely go there again if i need future work done.

What was your turn-around time?

Mike

savasyn
12-04-2007, 10:10 PM
Randall rocks! I've had excellent service from him. I have not heard any complaints about him from people on this forum. I am not a member of ar15.com, so I have no idea what's going on over there.

fast318
12-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Randall is supposed to do very good work, however, please check his Industry forum over on Ar15.com before sending in work http://ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=2&f=230

Very interesting reading material!

FEDUPWBS
12-05-2007, 1:25 AM
Very interesting reading material!

+1 ---disturbing

Teletiger7
12-05-2007, 1:59 PM
What was your turn-around time?

Mike

Turn around time? What turn around time?. I drove to his shop with my upper and the work was done right then and there. :)

8200rpm
12-06-2007, 4:18 PM
He did work on my barrel in less than 10 days door to door via Priority Mail.

AJAX22
12-06-2007, 9:58 PM
I've got no problems with Randal, as near as I can tell he's the earthly reincarnation of Eugene Stoner.

I'm still amazed that he was able to fix problems on my A2 that I didn't even know that I had.

justinLB
12-15-2007, 7:08 AM

WHOA, looks like someone's been living a second life.

jandmtv
12-16-2007, 8:16 AM
that is very interesting reading to say the least... but my personal experiance has been good with him. but then again i didnt ship anything to him, i drove there he worked on my rifle. and drove back with it. he does good work IMHO. he has all the tools you could imagine, and some you couldnt :D

chunger
12-16-2007, 2:11 PM
To my knowledge, AR15barrels.com is not Randall's primarly job. Unless things have changed. When dealing with a part time shop, it's always wise to check up on CURRENT schedule to see if he can handle whatever service you're needing at the time, and I'm sure availability varies widely.

That being said, I've had amazingly good service and turn-around time from Randall on short notice for AR service work. My rifle needed the gas port gauged and subsequently re-sized. At all times, I felt my rifle was in capable hands, and the rifle has been running great ever since. He gives excellent free pointers here, and has saved me lots of $$ and headache by doing that.

supersonic
12-16-2007, 2:41 PM
WHOA, looks like someone's been living a second life.

:lurk5:

red67
12-19-2007, 6:48 PM
This is exactly what we are talking about....Randall is currently helping people out on this forum (which is a good thing!), yet he will not respond to this thread or his own Industry forum!

All we want is a little communication, a little re-assurance, that our custom barrel orders will be completed.

elroy
12-19-2007, 8:45 PM
chunger "He gives excellent free pointers here, and has saved me lots of $$ and headache by doing that."

+1 to that ,, and at the range too ,,, he knows his stuff

red67
12-20-2007, 6:13 PM
Just to give everyone an update...Randall did contact me, and it sounds like he has a plan to get everyone squared up.

Only time will tell, and I'll keep you guys up-to-date.

Thanks!