PDA

View Full Version : "THE IDEAL SELF DEFENSE WEAPON?"

Liberty1
12-03-2007, 8:09 PM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/reese/reese418.html

When the state of Florida was considering a law allowing honest citizens to carry concealed weapons, my liberal colleagues at the newspaper became virtually hysterical. They were certain the murder rate would skyrocket and that there would be shootings on every street corner and at supermarket checkout counters. The law was passed, and the murder rate did not skyrocket. Nor did hundreds of thousands of Floridians apply for concealed-weapon permits. After all, lugging around a pound or so of iron is inconvenient.

What their hysteria revealed, however, was how far removed from reality elitists are. How could any sane person imagine that his fellow citizens would suddenly go berserk if they had access to a firearm? It shows you what low opinion elitists have of their fellow man...

...The gun is the ideal self-defense weapon. It can be wielded by a woman, a child, an elderly person or even an invalid. There was an old saying in the American West: "God created men, but Sam Colt made them equal."

The Supreme Court is about to decide an issue based on the Second Amendment. God only knows how the court will rule, but the Bill of Rights is crystal-clear. It guarantees the people, not the states or the militias, the right to keep and bear arms. Let's hope the Supreme Court justices understand plain English.

December 3, 2007

Charley Reese [send him mail] has been a journalist for 49 years.

stag1500
12-03-2007, 8:58 PM
Very well said.

milsurpshooter
12-04-2007, 1:45 PM
When the state of Florida was considering a law allowing honest citizens to carry concealed weapons, my liberal colleagues at the newspaper became virtually hysterical. They were certain the murder rate would skyrocket and that there would be shootings on every street corner and at supermarket checkout counters.

of course there will be................................................ ..only there won't be victims any more. just dead criminals.

WolfMansDad
12-04-2007, 4:47 PM
What their hysteria revealed, however, was how far removed from reality elitists are. How could any sane person imagine that his fellow citizens would suddenly go berserk if they had access to a firearm? It shows you what low opinion elitists have of their fellow man...

Or that they themselves would go berserk if they got the chance, and they assume everybody else is just as unhinged as they are.

tgriffin
12-04-2007, 5:59 PM
Good read.

metalhead357
12-04-2007, 6:22 PM
Or that they themselves would go berserk if they got the chance, and they assume everybody else is just as unhinged as they are.

yep: that'd be my thought.

MrTuffPaws
12-04-2007, 7:03 PM
I give it a 5.5 out of 10. Should have used more cliche conservative buzz words like "elitists". Needs at least one "Ivory Tower"