PDA

View Full Version : Changes to monthly Tactical LR Match at Sac Valley

Vu 308
12-03-2007, 10:40 AM
For those of you that do not have access to our internal yahoo site here is the latest and greatest about the monthly tactical long range match held at Sac Valley Shooting Center the first Sunday of each month.

On behalf of Shawn and myself I would like to thank everyone for a fun and safe 2007 season.

Here are some cool stats that the spreadsheet does not show since I had to take some shooters off that only came out once to make room for new shooters that were coming out on a regular basis.

We cycled around 100 different shooters through our club in 2007 and averaged around 30 to 32 shooters per match. The biggest turn out for 2007 was 42 shooters! With regulars and new guys we totaled around 400 shooters on our firing line during the 2007 season.

With this growth there needs to be change to maintain the quality of our club and matches.

We will be adding two more match directors ensure we continue to have safe and quality matches in the 2008 season. I am pleased to announce that Fred Sakai and Rob Thomas have stepped up into these positions. Shawn and I will still be involved but we will start slowly transitioning things to Fred in Rob in the next few months.

Why you ask?

Simply because Shawn and I believe fresh leadership and ideas is a good thing. We also have NorCal Practical Precision Rifle Club to ramp up for 2008. Since this discipline is in its infancy there will be a lot of time and effort involved to get it going.

Other changes:

Round Count: 50 rounds each month.

Course of fire: Shawn, Rob, Fred and I will get 4 different COFs finalized and they will be published to all. We will cycle through the 4 COFs during the year.

We will be getting rid of “Shooter of the Year” and replacing it with a Championship Match at the end of each shooting year in December.

All shooters will compete from January through November for the top 20 positions. Your best 8 scores out of the 11 will be counted like we do now.

Those top 20 will compete in December in a 1.5 day match that will consist of Paper and Steel. Cost will be around 35.00 to 40.00 per shooter that will include BBQ and T-shirts for those top 20 shooters.

1st Place will shoot the next season for Free (220.00 Value)

2nd Place will get a 1 year membership to SVSC (100.00 Value)

3rd Place will get a 50.00 Gift Cert to SVCS (50.00 Value)

Pthfndr
12-03-2007, 5:45 PM
I WAS DRAFTED!

I see I made the top 5 this year :)

PistolPete75
12-03-2007, 6:17 PM
good to hear how successful your matches were this year. wishing you more success in '08, and hope to see ya guys in match next year.

uscbigdawg
12-04-2007, 1:36 AM
I'll be there just in time to have all my local area info done and ready to shoot in 2009. Count on me for at least 6-8 matches as well as your annual big match. If all goes according to plan, we (my new company) will even be a match sponsor.

Keep up the great work!

Rich

Vu 308
12-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Yes, Rob you were top 5. One day when I grow up I will be able to shoot like you.

I think next years top 20 is going to be tougher than most people think. If you notice the top 5 (except Dennis) were fairly close in score.

USCBIGDAWG..look forward to having you on our line.

Thank you for the kind words PP75. We hope to continue to grow the sport and evolve even more in 2008.

Vu

rksimple
12-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Sounds good. I'll probably be there for a few. Its just a long drive. Are you still going to have the 1k range open the day prior to the matches?

Vu 308
12-04-2007, 1:17 PM
rk,

We have sceduled practice the Saturday before our monthly matches on the 1K range.

Come on up and shoot for 2 days. Cost you 12.00 for practice and 20.00 for the match.

Vu

wildcard
12-04-2007, 1:47 PM
Got a place to camp nearby too? That'll shave about $100 off for shelter.

Vu 308
12-04-2007, 2:48 PM
Wildcard, our range only offers self contained camping.

Get a group of guys to come up. There is a Red Roof inn about 35 minutes from the range that cost 54.00 per night I think. Split that with 2 or 3 guys.

wildcard
12-04-2007, 3:02 PM
Wildcard, our range only offers self contained camping.

Get a group of guys to come up. There is a Red Roof inn about 35 minutes from the range that cost 54.00 per night I think. Split that with 2 or 3 guys.

Pete? Ryan? :)

rksimple
12-04-2007, 3:10 PM

Sounds good. I may be able to borrow a freind's trailer. That might work out better.

PistolPete75
12-04-2007, 3:11 PM

gotta clear it with my wife, but ya should be a go unless i have to do gunsmithing stuff. actually nevermind, Sunday is church day. I might be able to go here and there, but not alot.

wildcard
12-04-2007, 3:13 PM
gotta clear it with my wife, but ya should be a go unless i have to do gunsmithing stuff.

You know what they say about all work and no play.. ;)

We'll have fun.

rksimple
12-04-2007, 7:07 PM
gotta clear it with my wife, but ya should be a go unless i have to do gunsmithing stuff. actually nevermind, Sunday is church day. I might be able to go here and there, but not alot.

I'm usually booked with church on Sunday's as well. A few out of the year should be OK, but I won't make a habit of it.