PDA

View Full Version : CA GALIL where do I start

NORCALWRECKCHASER
12-02-2007, 8:05 PM
Ok so my SKS's are now for sale where should I get started with my Galil project?

Steyr_223
12-02-2007, 8:25 PM
Are you going to build up a parts kit with a OLL?

Or are you buying a complete rifle?

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/galil-style-golani-rifle%2C-223-caliber/products_id/1624?osCsid=eb7e9e68ffe3780695f2ca4cee06d572

rssslvr
12-02-2007, 8:25 PM
Are you looking to buy a complete one or build your own?

If you want a complete one you could talk to CWS and I am sure they can get some of the century golani(they had some before if I remember right) or you can talk to Todd at ohio rapid fire(they cost a bit more than the century ones but was worth it IMO).Todd was real good to work with when I ordered mine as was more than willing to help us in Ca. out.He had the mods to make it legal done on mine in 1 day and shipped direct to my FFL

If you want to build one yourself you will need to get a reciever from ohio rapid fire and a parts kit.Kits can be founf from ohio rapid fire,military gun supply,gunbroke and a couple other places I can't remember right now.If I am remembering right the galil builds only need 5 US made parts to be 922r compliant,the receiver is one,a tapco G2 FCG is 3 and most the kits come with a US made barrel so thats the 5 you need(it could be 6 US parts you need but I think it's only 5)

If you want to buy the part and have it built by a smith I would recomend Jayson at IGF,I have heard nothing but good things about his work

NORCALWRECKCHASER
12-02-2007, 8:46 PM
A parts kit or complete rifle. to be honest I don't know much about them I have built a few AR's in the past few weeks and I am looking for a new OLL to add to my safe. I shot one once when I was 14 (1986) and I thought it was pretty cool. If I can build one CA compliant then I will do so.
Thanks for the info

bigthaiboy
12-02-2007, 9:48 PM
Chris at Lanworld has some. I'm sure he can make it very easy for you to own one : http://www.lanworldinc.com/AK47.html

SI-guru
12-03-2007, 3:23 AM
Speaking about Galil. Is IMI HADAR consider offlist ? Or is it too close to Galil ?:rolleyes:

Oswald2001
12-03-2007, 3:31 AM
AFAIK, the Hadar II (as long as it is not marked Galil anywhere on it - some had the word 'Galil' stamped on them I have heard.) are OK.

I was told that they could be shipped to Kalifornistan as long as the barreled receiver was out of the stock.

The same shipping box is OK, but, the barreled receiver should be separated from the stock.

Then...you must find a NON-THUMBHOLE STOCK arrangement for it in order to shoot it.

brianm767
12-03-2007, 11:22 AM
SKS's for sale?? I need details man!