PDA

View Full Version : Does BCG have an effect on poi in AR 15s?

jellybill
06-02-2013, 9:21 PM
Will using a new set of bcg in a an upper zeroed with a different set of bcg change the poi on the upper? Everything else remains the same and untouched.

kusoiyaro
06-02-2013, 10:05 PM
My guess would be no unless there is something wrong with the BCG.

Germz
06-03-2013, 12:31 AM
It will affect it just about as much as changing out the pistol grip retention screw. :P

jeffrice6
06-03-2013, 12:38 AM
Will using a new set of bcg in a an upper zeroed with a different set of bcg change the poi on the upper? Everything else remains the same and untouched.

Let us know~

Heretodaygonetomorrow
06-03-2013, 2:23 AM
I would expect there to be the potential to change POI, unless the replacement BCG is exactly the same weight as the one being replaced.

A difference is weight will change lockup time. For instance changing from a semi-auto bolt carrier to an auto-bolt carrier.

I changed my BCGs from semi-auto to auto carriers, and had to change the elevation adjustment on both guns.

mjmagee67
06-03-2013, 6:24 AM
As the owner of several MSRs some with semi auto AR-15 and some with auto M-16 bolts changing the bolts didn't change the POI one bit. I was moving the bolts around between my rifles with carbine and mid length gas systems to see if I could tell a difference.

Yes the M-16 bolt seemed to slow the carbine down and made the recoil less snappy. YMMV