PDA

View Full Version : Kicked out of NV gun store.

Deuce22
11-30-2007, 8:13 AM
(Full from my brother "Limited10" on Page 4) My brother called yesterday upset to say the least. He was in Las Vegas working and happened to go into a gun store that had a lot of "black rifles" JUST to look. When one of the store employees asked if he needed help he made the mistake of telling them that he was from CA and just looking at "thier" cool rifles. The employee told him he wasn't lucky enough to have one. My brother told the employee he did have a CA legal rifle. The owner I guess over heard the conversation from the back and came out to the sales area and laid into my brother like no tomorrow. Told him the ATF was going to kick in his F'n door and he is going to get what is coming to him. My brother was in complete shock that a gun store owner would treat a gun owner no matter what state he was from like that. He tried to explain what was going on in CA and that "we" are fighting to change things but the shop owner walked away. My brother went on to explain to the employees that he has done nothing wrong and wasn't looking for an argument over CA laws. He has his rifle 100% CA legal and he knows it. After a few minutes of silence the owner came back out and noticed he was still there and yelled at the employees why they haven't kicked his arse out of the store and he hopes the F'n state of CA falls into the ocean. My brother wasn't wasn't wanting to cause a scene so he said he will leave. He felt as if he walked in as a anti-gun Boxer supporter the way he was treated. He just could not get over it. He honestly thought they would have told him "good luck on the fight in CA" or something like that but never get out of my store you scum bag. So much for being a united gun ownership community. It is CA gun owners VS anti-gun and out of state pro gun supporters. Why is this happening?

StraightShooter
11-30-2007, 8:19 AM
Thats pathetic.... i have heard of this happening alot though. I dont know what the deal is. How does us as californians having ca legal rifles affect store owners in Nv in any way? Am I missing something?

The Brit
11-30-2007, 8:24 AM
Name of the store? (I'll talk to a couple of active shooting friends of mine to boycott them and spread the word.)

WokMaster1
11-30-2007, 8:24 AM
What store is it? We want to avoid spending our $$$ there.

MonsterMan
11-30-2007, 8:25 AM
I wonder if that the NV gun stores have gotten a lot of threats from ATF and CA BOF about selling stuff to CA residents. The guy probably was freaked out thinking if ATF or someone was watching this CA guy coming in his store, that they would think he was selling him stuff that he could not get in CA.

I remember CA DOJ/BOF'ers going to NV gun shows and watching for CA people to buy something they shouldn't and bust them for it when they cross back to CA. If they do that, I wouldn't put it past them to threaten NV gun stores.

:rolleyes:

Harbinger
11-30-2007, 8:26 AM
The name of the store or it didn't happen. :D

Deuce22
11-30-2007, 8:27 AM
There is nothing to miss. It is in my eyes is black and white now. We are considered anti-gun for being from CA. I had similar things happen hunting in other states with CA plates on the truck. So much for the "we need to stick together" campaigns you see across the nation. They just might really need us soon when their rights are infringed upon if the AW ban is put back into affect someday soon.

USMC.corpsman27
11-30-2007, 8:31 AM
I had a similar thing happen when i went to NV. I went to Cabelas and they told me they would not sell me anything gun related because i had a Hawaii DL and was from CA. I told them i was in the Military and stationed in CA and was told that they couldnt sell me any gun stuff.

Deuce22
11-30-2007, 8:31 AM
I am trying to call him for the name of the store. I didn't post it due to the fact I wasn't 100% sure of the name he told me and that was the last thing I want to do was accuse the wrong store or person of a wrong act. Kind of doing the opposite of what they did to him. I will post it once I hear from him.

Nefarious
11-30-2007, 8:33 AM
So which store was it?

BONECUTTER
11-30-2007, 8:34 AM
That happens a lot in NV..... Most other states gun shops don't understand the CA laws and have never read them so its understandable they don't think some of our CA compliant guns are legal. They also get people from Cali going there to try and buy guns and mags to bring back. So there opinion is jaded.

When I went in a gun store in Idaho for the first time the guy behind the counter asked me if I was from Cali before I said a word. I guess the dumbfounded look on my face of walking into a gun store the size of best buy (sportsmans warehouse) gave it away. I was there with some local friends though so they didn't give me any grief and any other time I was in there no-one looks twice anymore cause I no longer have the holy **** look.

Fjold
11-30-2007, 8:35 AM
I remember CA DOJ/BOF'ers going to NV gun shows and watching for CA people to buy something they shouldn't and bust them for it when they cross back to CA. If they do that, I wouldn't put it past them to threaten NV gun stores.

:rolleyes:

I remember seeing stories about this on the internet but searches for any arrest reports or first hand accounts turned up nothing.

I'm still calling "Shenanigans" until someone actually shows some documentation for this.

Deuce22
11-30-2007, 8:36 AM
It was Black Rifle Amory in Henderson.

141 Industrial Park Rd # 303
Henderson, NV 89015

hoozaru
11-30-2007, 8:37 AM
the Gun Store Inc, las vegas?

oh nvm

MrLogan
11-30-2007, 8:38 AM
Yeah, it's a crappy attitude that I encounter over on arfcom all the time. To many out of state pro-gunners, CA gun owners are all scumbags. :mad:

Harbinger
11-30-2007, 8:41 AM
He should have gone here, since he was in Henderson: http://www.centermassfirearms.com/home.htm

Those guys are AWESOME and were really nice to me for my bachelor party. They rent full-auto for a reasonable price and have a fantastic shooting simulator!

Mike

A324
11-30-2007, 8:41 AM
I'll be in Vegas next week, can't wait to visit this place.

MonsterMan
11-30-2007, 8:42 AM
I'll be in Vegas next week, can't wait to visit this place.

+1 That would be great if we all went there. "Just to look" ;)

rksimple
11-30-2007, 8:43 AM
Lots of places up there that rent FA. Good fun.

5150-417
11-30-2007, 8:44 AM
So is it legal to buy hi cap mags in nv if your a cali resident?

A324
11-30-2007, 8:46 AM
http://blackriflearmory.info/

PanzerAce
11-30-2007, 8:47 AM
Guess thats one place I'm never going into.

Deuce22
11-30-2007, 8:49 AM
Be sure to walk in the door and announce your from California and let us know how it went. I know serveral gun shop owners along with class 3 dealers and trainers from Las Vegas and consider them friends. They treat me differently since I am tied into their industry pretty well. Don't know a soul at Black Rifle Amory.

Paratus et Vigilans
11-30-2007, 9:03 AM
Thanks for the info on that place. A lot of Southern Californians go to Vegas to visit and to shoot, and while we can't buy his guns, we do have a need for ammo, cleaning supplies, etc. Not from him. Not ever.

I have a college buddy (football team mate) who's out at Lake Las Vegas that I sometimes go to visit. Next time I'm there I'll be sure to drop in to this joint (on the road out to LLV) and see if this really is the place that has the rude and ignorant owner who got his FFL from a Cracker Jacks box. :D

What a tool. There's no excuse for that kind of behavior, regardless of what our CA DOJ BofF people are out there doing. :mad:

Harbinger
11-30-2007, 9:06 AM

Absolutely! You just can't import them as complete mags, back into California. You must either disassemble them into spare parts or leave them in Nevada.

Mike

pnkssbtz
11-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Looks like discrimination suit to me, right?

Bring a tape recorder next time and have him go back =P

schizrade2
11-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Looks like discrimination suit to me, right?

Bring a tape recorder next time and have him go back =P

:confused:

It is a private business and they can kick out whomever they want.

Screw 'em. Plenty of other fun shops in Vegas.

Nuuze
11-30-2007, 10:28 AM
Bring a camcorder! :D

RobG
11-30-2007, 10:56 AM
I always find it irritating the attitude towards CA gunowners from other states. WE are NOT the ones initiating bans, approved lists, mag restrictions, etc. Other states gunowners want to bury their heads in the sand and believe, 1) it could never happen to them, 2) it would somehow be our (CA) fault if it did.

BillCA
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
I wonder if that the NV gun stores have gotten a lot of threats from ATF and CA BOF about selling stuff to CA residents. The guy probably was freaked out thinking if ATF or someone was watching this CA guy coming in his store, that they would think he was selling him stuff that he could not get in CA.

I've seen a couple of posts that claim NV dealers have been threatened by CA-DOJ (and/or BATF) that selling to CA residents is a violation of law. But I have never seen a letter from CA-DOJ or BATF to any dealer that would support this "harrassment" claim.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but most of the relevant CA AWB statutes start off with "Any person, who, within this state..." which means what a CA resident does outside the state is not illegal.

If you have a residence or storage facility in NV, you should be able to buy your EBR in NV as long as you do not bring it into CA.

If you attend NV gun shows, do keep in mind that CA-DOJ has been seen photographing cars with CA plates at the shows and some have complained of being stopped after crossing the CA state line. The trick, of course, is to not bring anything illegal back in your car or luggage (if flying).

CCWFacts
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I think many people have experienced FFLs with that unique blend of cluelessness and hostility. On top of that most are 100% apathetic about gun rights and political issues. It's sad.

battlehatch
11-30-2007, 11:07 AM
the Gun Store Inc, las vegas?

oh nvm

That was my first guess when I read the thread too!!:D

When I lived in Vegas, my family and I did business at American Gun Club on Boulder Highway. Much nicer, more helpful, and intelligent staff there.

robitrocks
11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
He should have gone here, since he was in Henderson: http://www.centermassfirearms.com/home.htm

Those guys are AWESOME and were really nice to me for my bachelor party. They rent full-auto for a reasonable price and have a fantastic shooting simulator!

Mike

+2 These guys are great. Very nice, even when they found out I was from Cali. Of course I was with my Cal LEO buddies at the time, but they seemed to be nice and eager to have our business. Oh ya, FA rocks! :44:

supersonic
11-30-2007, 11:35 AM
+1 That would be great if we all went there. "Just to look" ;)

TAILGATE PARTY, ANYONE?????:):):)

Limited10
11-30-2007, 11:48 AM
I appreciate my brother posting this up, since I was pretty pi$$ed/shock last night. Indeed the transaction was as described. I walked into the shop and asked politely by the gentleman behind the desk if he could help me (I was gazing over the suppressors in the glass counter when I told him "unfortunately I wish you could help me but being from California I can only look) He laughed and said to look around. A few minutes go by when the owner comes out from the back room and sees me and said " if you need to see anything than just let one of them know" at this time the assistant interjected and said" he's from California" That’s when it went down hill. I mentioned that I have two California legal black rifles though ( wanting them to know that I’m a rifle owner and a potential purchasing customer, I never got a chance to ask them if they carried a Larue quick throw mount) The owner then starts to tell me about how the ATF is going to round up all the OLL owners and that he has spoken to people in the know on the OLL situation and to avoid it like the plague since the ATF has received a list where all the lowers have been shipped to, ie. Stag, RRA etc. I'm listening to him and mention that it has been two years now since we have been able to purchase OLL and that when the issue comes before a DA its been dropped multiple times. I then mention to him that shops are carrying complete California legal pinned mag rifles or have the monster grip on. The owner asked like who so I mention a shop an independently owned shop in Southern California and his rebuttal was well you don’t see them at Big 5 then do you? I interjected that the Big 5's in Las Vegas don’t carry any AR style rifles either which are legal there. That’s when he crossed his arms and stated " I'm not going to argue with you anymore (I didn’t think we where arguing but enlighten a fellow brethren of our issue) and he said," I wish California would just sink off the face of the earth." and turns around and goes back to the back office. At this time the assistant is in front of me and I go on to tell him that "there is a large shooting and gun owner community that is fighting gun issues and standing up for our rights and that we are not rolling over on the OLL issue (and I nod my head towards the back office door) unlike what the owner just said for Californians to do. Well, the owner steps back out of the office at this time and loudly says to the assistant "you haven’t kicked this guy out yet" (I can take a hint) so I told them "no need to do that since Ill be leaving and I cant believe that I just got hate from a shop that’s called the Black Rifle Armory, ironic." This all transpired in less than 5 minutes from when I walked in.ion I still cant figure out what I did to warrent this kind of reaction, the same kind of reaction that one would expect as if I walked into the Brady campaign office and debated with them. Also I would like to note that I’m in outside sales and know how to deal with people with a calm well articulated response/ demeanor. All I can suggest is that if you’re from California don’t darken their door step.

Paratus et Vigilans
11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
ATF roundup of OLLs?

ATF = Feds

"OLL" means nada to the Feds. The "list" of which the "lowers" are "off" is purely a CA state law issue. Yep. The guy must surely talk often with those "in the know." I bet he knows all about Area 51 too!

I repeat, what a tool! :eek:

Piper
11-30-2007, 12:06 PM
I think all of the attorneys on Calguns need to write a friend of the court brief to SCOTUS and make sure the other states know we are in this fight as much as they are.......maybe more so. This kind of information makes me feel like I'm in some kind of third world dictatorship and I'm really pissed off that I have to be subjected to this Bravo Sierra because of some two bit politicians with delusions of goodhood.:mad:

Liberty1
11-30-2007, 12:14 PM

Yep. You just can't bring'em back to Kali.

pnkssbtz
11-30-2007, 1:19 PM

Screw 'em. Plenty of other fun shops in Vegas.

Yes and no.

You have a right to refuse service, but if you do so due to DISCRIMINATION, you open yourself up to a civil suit.

It is however very very very hard to prove "discrimination" since it is in essence, a thought crime.

If the owner / employees were to just tell him to leave the premises, he is trespassing, there would be no grounds for discrimination since there is no way to prove the intent.

The repeated disparaging comments towards residents of californian's that allegedly were said show a bias against residents of california.

The reason why the brother was refused service and notified of trespassing was because he was from california.

Is not the proclimation that "No blacks are allowed" as clear cut a case of discrimination possible? How is that different than saying "No californian's allowed?"

hoozaru
11-30-2007, 1:35 PM
sounds to me like the owner's wife ran off with a californian or something

FreedomIsNotFree
11-30-2007, 1:48 PM
Yes and no.

You have a right to refuse service, but if you do so due to DISCRIMINATION, you open yourself up to a civil suit.

It is however very very very hard to prove "discrimination" since it is in essence, a thought crime.

If the owner / employees were to just tell him to leave the premises, he is trespassing, there would be no grounds for discrimination since there is no way to prove the intent.

The repeated disparaging comments towards residents of californian's that allegedly were said show a bias against residents of california.

The reason why the brother was refused service and notified of trespassing was because he was from california.

Is not the proclimation that "No blacks are allowed" as clear cut a case of discrimination possible? How is that different than saying "No californian's allowed?"

Unfortunately, they can discriminate on Californians all they want. We are not a protected class.

Limited10
11-30-2007, 1:56 PM
I just thought of something that made me chuckle. When I told the assistant about the the large OLL gun owner community, I mentioned that we are starting to have a loud voice with issues by using tools such as the internet (I was refering to Calguns) to keep each other informed and united.
I guess the Black Rifle Armory will see what I ment :90:

Thanks!

Gunaria
11-30-2007, 2:28 PM
I guess what happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas.:rolleyes: Thanks for sharing your story. Maybe you should past this along to the Vegas Chamber of Commerce and or Tourism Bureau, and tell them how this experience was so upseting that you could not find yourself able to gamble or stay the whole night in Vegas. Who knows maybe you could get some freebies out of them. Thought this might make you smile.:44:

Limited10
11-30-2007, 2:37 PM
Gunaria, I like how you think! (LOL)

Well folks, I'm logging off and heading home in the rain. (I pray I have a safe drive back)

McMadCow
11-30-2007, 2:38 PM
What is the deal here? It's perfectly legal for a Californian to purchase a long gun face-to-face in NV, right...?
So these shop owners are literally kicking out $1K+ sales every time they do something like this? And all for something that amounts to a rumor since no one has ever produced any documentation showing the DOJ harrassing NV shop owners. Sounds like I should take a trip to the Reno Cabelas for my new SIG rifle...! :43:

TonyNorCal
11-30-2007, 2:49 PM
Everyone here ought to call the store to inquire about purchasing off-list lowers and off-list complete rifles. Maybe we should also call about purchasing replacement parts for standard cap magazines.

Come to think of it, why not call once for each thing...

Once for a stag lower. Then a few days later for a Vector AK sans pistol grip. Then you could call the next week for a complete Stag rifle (CA configured of course). The maybe the week after you need some replacement parts for an AR mag that isn't feeding properly.....

schizrade2
11-30-2007, 3:03 PM
Everyone here ought to call the store to inquire about purchasing off-list lowers and off-list complete rifles. Maybe we should also call about purchasing replacement parts for standard cap magazines.

Once for a stag lower. Then a few days later for a Vector AK sans pistol grip. Then you could call the next week for a complete Stag rifle (CA configured of course). The maybe the week after you need some replacement parts for an AR mag that isn't feeding properly.....

Yeah that will help... :confused:

How about just ignore the guy.

DJDace
11-30-2007, 3:22 PM

Then maybe we could just call, fart into the phone, giggle then hang up!

Lets all do it! Every night for a month! :rolleyes:

brando
11-30-2007, 3:24 PM
I hate to say it, but the gun culture has a disproportionate number of complete asshats.

nuke_em
11-30-2007, 3:41 PM
I hate to say it, but the gun culture has a disproportionate number of complete asshats.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

brando
11-30-2007, 3:53 PM
Seriously, go to enough gun shows or gun stores and you'll find a lot of rude behavior. What happened to this guy doesn't surprise me. I'm not saying it's full of these people, it just seems to have a disproportionately higher number compared to the general public. It is what it is.

KDOFisch
11-30-2007, 4:13 PM
I have no regrets telling all my USAF friends stationed at Nellis all about this. Black Rifle Armory will now lose an entire cadre of clientele if I beeyotch and moan to them. Captains make a decent wage and cost of living is LOW there, meaning there's a lot of disposable income for rifles and accessories.

There are plenty of other places to trick out ARs in that town. Screw them.:chris:

dixieD
11-30-2007, 4:34 PM
Yeah, it's a crappy attitude that I encounter over on arfcom all the time. To many out of state pro-gunners, CA gun owners are all scumbags. :mad:

Maybe its just that they think Californians are scumbags for letting it happen, and to arrogantly think that laws originating in California set the standard for the rest of the country.

bwiese
11-30-2007, 4:52 PM
Maybe its just that they think Californians are scumbags for letting it happen, and to arrogantly think that laws originating in California set the standard for the rest of the country.

No, maybe they're too friggin' stupid to realize that the demographic forces that make CA the way it is are coming right to them in LV.

NV is a target state for Demos. With population skewing toward the lower-wage-base entertainment staff in LV, it's only gonna get worse. Pretty soon they'll lose Demo-but-pro-gun folks like Harry Reid for hard left SEIU types working their way up the ladder.

CSACANNONEER
11-30-2007, 5:06 PM
Maybe we can get a BIG group of Calgunners together during SHOT and visit the store in question.

WokMaster1
11-30-2007, 5:08 PM
Write to the ATF & DOJ (Jerry himself) & ask them if there is any truth in what this gun store owner is saying. (why this gun store owner is telling people that the ATF is collecting names & addresses & were planning on rounding up all OLL owners in California). CC a copy to the NRA, TLLMP & Gene & send it via registered mail.

Someone would have to reply & it will be interesting to see what they write. Well, we all know what the answer will be but just another piece of file to add on.

If we're all going to jail, I'm not going to cook for all of you 7 days a week.:p

M. Sage
11-30-2007, 5:24 PM
I've seen a couple of posts that claim NV dealers have been threatened by CA-DOJ (and/or BATF) that selling to CA residents is a violation of law. But I have never seen a letter from CA-DOJ or BATF to any dealer that would support this "harrassment" claim.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but most of the relevant CA AWB statutes start off with "Any person, who, within this state..." which means what a CA resident does outside the state is not illegal.

If you have a residence or storage facility in NV, you should be able to buy your EBR in NV as long as you do not bring it into CA.

If you attend NV gun shows, do keep in mind that CA-DOJ has been seen photographing cars with CA plates at the shows and some have complained of being stopped after crossing the CA state line. The trick, of course, is to not bring anything illegal back in your car or luggage (if flying).

AG can and possibly did threaten to bring civil suits against places like this. SF has such a threat right in their police code!

Just look at the way the AG operates in California: they sue the Federal government trying to get permission to tighten emissions standards just for this state (we could fight global warming, if they'd let us! :rolleyes: ), they sue the automakers for BS reasons (global warming is all their fault, man! :rolleyes: )...

It's a frightening State we live in where the government regularly files frivolous lawsuits.

ETA: I did stop by a table full of AKs at the Pasadena gun show while I was in Texas. They were built by a local manufacturer, and the finish was awesome. Just for fun I dropped the fact that I live in CA, and was treated really nice. They had some interesting suggestions about our elected officials, most of which were probably anatomically impossible, but were never mean but actually nice to me.

dondo
11-30-2007, 7:07 PM
Then my middle finger goes right up to anyone with this attitude.

8200rpm
11-30-2007, 7:40 PM
It's so simple. His wife left him for a Californian. What other possible reason would there be for such hysterics???

sava6e
11-30-2007, 9:07 PM
I go to school out of state up north and I frequent the gun shows dream and look buy some accessories ammo etc. i never get carded i was talking with one person one time about a pistol and he proceded to tell me how stupid californians are etc so i look over to my friend and hes like oh ****, cuz he knows id set the guy straight but i held my composure and after the employee finished his banter i explained some reasons as to why, and he agreed and then i informed him i too am a californian and he gave me the evil eye and walked away guess i changed his mind and then he hated the fact that a californian educated him, and i still get garbage from every gun store in town about how it illegal for me to own an ar-15 and i try to explain to them but they just dont know they say they dont care and its easier for them to just not deal with it, i explain to them that once freedoms are taken away in one place it becomes easier for them to be taken away other places. they ignore those truths.

Mac
11-30-2007, 9:10 PM

dixieD
12-01-2007, 5:55 AM
No, maybe they're too friggin' stupid to realize that the demographic forces that make CA the way it is are coming right to them in LV.

NV is a target state for Demos. With population skewing toward the lower-wage-base entertainment staff in LV, it's only gonna get worse. Pretty soon they'll lose Demo-but-pro-gun folks like Harry Reid for hard left SEIU types working their way up the ladder.

Bill I agree with you.

Its just that in my own experiences the negative feelings non-Californians harbor about California are much broader than just guns.

Indeed the rest of the country needs to wake up, recognize the attack, and the fact that we are all in this together.

chris
12-01-2007, 12:18 PM

very true. but their ignorance will be their downfall one day. i wonder if they would treat any VETS from Iraq or Aghganistan that are from this state like that?

it's sad to see people like this exist. but they are ignorant and ill-informed anyway. also isn't it illegal for a state LE agency to enforce it's states laws outside the state?

metalhead357
12-02-2007, 12:19 AM
What is the deal here? It's perfectly legal for a Californian to purchase a long gun face-to-face in NV, right...?

NO! its NOT legal to do a FTF as a cali resident per BOTH Cali and FED rules...not even C&R unless (I believe) you have an 03 licence. According to Fed rules both parties must be of the same state OR the persons involved in the sale must be allowed to commence with the sale as such as they were in thier own home state(s); i.e. the buyer must comply with his state regs...and for Cali its simply a no-go.......

TheDM
12-02-2007, 4:54 AM
NO! its NOT legal to do a FTF as a cali resident per BOTH Cali and FED rules...not even C&R unless (I believe) you have an 03 licence. According to Fed rules both parties must be of the same state OR the persons involved in the sale must be allowed to commence with the sale as such as they were in their own home state(s); i.e. the buyer must comply with his state regs...and for Cali its simply a no-go.......

I live in Kansas, and I can buy a Rifle in Missouri. But I can not buy a handgun there because in Missouri you need a permit to buy a handgun. Sounds bad, but actually a Missouri Handgun permit is really just the background check before the sale instead of during. I think it's good for 60 days, and you don't need one for each weapon. It's a silly law.

It's kind of weird, it isn't that it's illegal by Federal law to purchase, but that the neighboring state can't do your special forms. For instance, in Missouri, I can't get a permit to buy a handgun because I'm not a Missouri state resident. I imagine if I cared, I could get this fixed and Kansas residents could buy a handgun in Missouri without a permit because it is legal, but Missouri resident's couldn't buy one in Kansas because we don't even know what that form looks like.

Okay, I just looked it up. They just got rid of that requirement. Cool.

Hoop
12-02-2007, 6:55 AM

Really? Try kicking out a minority or handicapped customer, see what happens.

M. Sage
12-02-2007, 6:57 AM
I live in Kansas, and I can buy a Rifle in Missouri. But I can not buy a handgun there because in Missouri you need a permit to buy a handgun. Sounds bad, but actually a Missouri Handgun permit is really just the background check before the sale instead of during. I think it's good for 60 days, and you don't need one for each weapon. It's a silly law.

That's a Jim Crow law.

TheDM
12-02-2007, 7:23 AM
That's a Jim Crow law.

Wow, I never heard of those, scary stuff. But, like I said, Missouri did away with that. That is good news.

CavTrooper
12-02-2007, 8:26 AM
Generally, Californians are looked at as an infection in any other state in the Union. They are seen as arrogant, elitist, ignorant scumbags for the most part. While 99% of folks will still treat you kindly and with respect, when thier perceptions are justified (in thier own minds) by some statement or action, they are quick to tell you where to go. The best thing for Californians to do is to be kind, respectful and humble when travelling out of state, do not try and convince anyone that California is good in any way, do not try to "enlighten" them to the laws or culture or anything, just remeber that you are in thier house and must abide by thier rules, just like when they come here.

dustoff31
12-02-2007, 8:29 AM
Bill I agree with you.

Its just that in my own experiences the negative feelings non-Californians harbor about California are much broader than just guns.

Indeed the rest of the country needs to wake up, recognize the attack, and the fact that we are all in this together.

I agree with both of you. However, we have to acknowledge the fact that the "attacks" very often come from California people who move to other states and then try to recreate California there. I see this almost every day in AZ. To those people, I have no problem telling them if you love California so much, why don't you just get your ***** back over there.

tenpercentfirearms
12-02-2007, 9:12 AM
So these shop owners are literally kicking out $1K+ sales every time they do something like this? And all for something that amounts to a rumor since no one has ever produced any documentation showing the DOJ harrassing NV shop owners. Sounds like I should take a trip to the Reno Cabelas for my new SIG rifle...! :43:WRONG! It is perfectly illegal to for a CA resident to take possession of any firearms in another state. All firearms must be transported to a dealer in California unless you have an FFL of some sort.

EricCartmann
12-02-2007, 9:16 AM
I know the owner treated the original poster wrong, but he is just trying to protect his store. Did you guys know when AIM Surplus sold ammo to Mass resident, that the Mass Attorney General went after AIM big time via a big lawsuit? It is scary for companies to do business with NY, Mass, and CA, so they avoid you guys like the plague. Can you really blame them though? They are not lawyers. Seems to me CA DOJ even have a hard time with their own laws, so how do you expect a gun store owner to know CA laws?

EricCartmann
12-02-2007, 9:19 AM
That place is pretty close to me. I have visited them before back in March, it was not that great back then, I asked for a pistol grip and they did not have a single pistol grip in stock of any kind.

A store called "Black Rifle Armory" not having a pistol grip, hahahahah, that's funny. Ultimate Irony. In general, the gun stores in Vegas pretty much all suck. "The Gun Store", and "Citadel Safe" has a lot of stuff in stock and things to gaze at, but I have found that all Vegas gun stores are way over priced and the guys working behind the counter are all a buch of A-hats. Most are conceited and are know it alls. Worse is they feed you all kinds of BS to try to sell something.

"Don't shoot 7.62x51 NATO out of your M1A, it will blow it up"

"I know I heard you say HK45, but what Model HK45 do you want?"

"The $1700 Colt 6920 we have on the wall is genuine LEO/Mil version, the ones you see online are civvie versions"

These are actual quotes from my last 3 gun store visits.

I myself quit going to Vegas Gun Stores, if I have the need to fondle guns, I just wait for the gun shows, now there... a lot of prices are reasonable and the seller is a lot more knowledgable.

Visit gun stores in NH! all the rifles, from .22 Rugers to .50BMG's are all on the floor and they let you fondle it all you want. Also with my Nevada's driver license I get to buy any rifle in NH I want and take possesion of it right there. But for handguns I have to have it shipped to my FFL, I believe this is a Federal thing. In NH is the price is much lower than Vegas, no paperwork fees, and NO SALES TAX!

VegasND
12-02-2007, 9:28 AM
The next time you need something, go talk to Glen at Bargain Pawn. When I need something, or buy online or out of state, that's where I have it shipped.:)

That place is pretty close to me. I have visited them before back in March, it was not that great back then, I asked for a pistol grip and they did not have a single pistol grip in stock of any kind.

A store called "Black Rifle Armory" not having a pistol grip, hahahahah, that's funny. Ultimate Irony. In general, the gun stores in Vegas pretty much all suck. "The Gun Store", and "Citadel Safe" has a lot of stuff in stock and things to gaze at, but I have found that all Vegas gun stores are way over priced and the guys working behind the counter are all a buch of A-hats. Most are conceited and are know it alls. Worse is they feed you all kinds of BS to try to sell something.

"Don't shoot 7.62x51 NATO out of your M1A, it will blow it up"

"I know I heard you say HK45, but what Model HK45 do you want?"

"The $1700 Colt 6920 we have on the wall is genuine LEO/Mil version, the ones you see online are civvie versions"

These are actual quotes from my last 3 gun store visits.

I myself quit going to Vegas Gun Stores, if I have the need to fondle guns, I just wait for the gun shows, now there... a lot of prices are reasonable and the seller is a lot more knowledgable.

Visit gun stores in NH! all the rifles, from .22 Rugers to .50BMG's are all on the floor and they let you fondle it all you want. Also with my Nevada's driver license I get to buy any rifle in NH I want and take possesion of it right there. But for handguns I have to have it shipped to my FFL, I believe this is a Federal thing. In NH is the price is much lower than Vegas, no paperwork fees, and NO SALES TAX!

EricCartmann
12-02-2007, 9:36 AM
The next time you need something, go talk to Glen at Bargain Pawn. When I need something, or buy online or out of state, that's where I have it shipped.:)

Thanks for the tip Glen. Do you go to Boulder Rifle and Pistol at all?

Also, are you into M14's? Some guys from the ebrsopmod forums are having a pizza meeting to talk about our next M14 shoot, meeting is on Dec 11. We are trying to get more guys for the shoot. Should come join in. The legendary "Different" is going to be there at the meeting.

supersonic
12-02-2007, 9:43 AM
Maybe we can get a BIG group of Calgunners together during SHOT and visit the store in question.

Hence my "tailgate" suggestion!!!!!:)

supersonic
12-02-2007, 9:48 AM
Generally, Californians are looked at as an infection in any other state in the Union. They are seen as arrogant, elitist, ignorant scumbags for the most part.

Actually, they're half-right. They ARE describing our politicians with white feather accuracy.

Addax
12-02-2007, 9:52 AM
Having dealt with out of state dealers since I started collecting and shooting Off List Lowers/Off List Rifles before CWS and Lanworldinc and others like them were entrenched in helping us out here in CA, I frequented dealers in person when I traveled to their state or called them on the phone when I saw a rifle they had for sale etc. How do you think I picked up all of those Arsenal AK rifles ;)

Anyways, 50% of the time, I received a very rude, WE DON"T DO BUSINESS WITH COMMIE STATES etc. etc. blah blah blah... or GET OUT OF MY STORE, HOW DO I KNOW YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM etc. etc. blah blah blah..

There are some dealers who look at us like we have the plague.... Well I know most of us here have the Blackrifle Disease! lol

Yet, I did find some nice dealers, who did take the time to understand that all is not lost in California and truly want to do business here.

Things are going to change one day (sooner rather than later), and maybe it won't be a perfect world for us where we still have to own OLL/OLR's with bullet buttons, fixed magazines or MMG, but it is better than nothing.

Those out of state dealers who trash us, or are swallowing the line of crap comming out of CA-DOJ, can eat crow one day when they see the opportunities missed in getting into the California market....

VegasND
12-02-2007, 9:53 AM
Thanks for the tip Glen. Do you go to Boulder Rifle and Pistol at all?

Also, are you into M14's? Some guys from the ebrsopmod forums are having a pizza meeting to talk about our next M14 shoot, meeting is on Dec 11. We are trying to get more guys for the shoot. Should come join in. The legendary "Different" is going to be there at the meeting.

Thanks for the invitation. I don't have an M14 but I've been looking at an a couple at Master Shooters on Sahara. The one that interests me the most is a Norinco, I always wanted to play with one. --Dean

veeklog
12-02-2007, 1:35 PM
Visit gun stores in NH! all the rifles, from .22 Rugers to .50BMG's are all on the floor and they let you fondle it all you want. Also with my Nevada's driver license I get to buy any rifle in NH I want and take possesion of it right there. But for handguns I have to have it shipped to my FFL, I believe this is a Federal thing. In NH is the price is much lower than Vegas, no paperwork fees, and NO SALES TAX![/QUOTE]

Gun shops in Vermont are the same. I was shocked when the sales clerk told me that i could grab whatever I want and be there as long as I want!! What a great feeling.

For the ultimate "Hippie" State, they got evrything right about guns and guns laws: they have none, which include CCW's. It is an oximoron that the most liberal state in the country is also the most liberal when it comes to guns and ownership.

California politicians are all about being "politically correct," not as much as being on the ultra-left.

chris
12-02-2007, 2:28 PM

Gun shops in Vermont are the same. I was shocked when the sales clerk told me that i could grab whatever I want and be there as long as I want!! What a great feeling.

For the ultimate "Hippie" State, they got evrything right about guns and guns laws: they have none, which include CCW's. It is an oximoron that the most liberal state in the country is also the most liberal when it comes to guns and ownership.

California politicians are all about being "politically correct," not as much as being on the ultra-left.[/QUOTE]

as for the Hippie state you say. Vermont has the ones that wanted to change the country to a free society. Unforntunatley here we have the idiot Hippies who believe in Socialism and Tyranny. So IMO there are teo types of Hippies.

1) Hippies that believe in freedom and leaving people alone as long they don't bother anyone else.

2) The Hippies we have here. ( We all know what they are like). Look at our state and how screwed up it is.