PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel like a Calguns.net Ambassador?

Stanze
11-30-2007, 12:49 AM
I don't proclaim on other forums, "I'm from Calguns, I'm here to help." lol, but I'm reading lots and lots of incorrect info regarding CA's gun laws being spread. This definitely does not help our cause or our fellow Calgunners, so I do my best to state current laws and facts with links referencing my points.

Sometimes, after a long day I just don't feel like gathering my thoughts and typing, but I can't help myself when people say silly stuff like the Krinker Plinker kit is illegal in CA, you can't have folding stocks on rimfires and that over 10 round mags are illegal to use and possesses(in any context) in CA.

I see this sorta of thing on rimfirecentral, glocktalk and theperfectunion; sometimes on arf.com, but no so much.

Good on the people who also chime in to get the correct info out there, unfortunately, once wrong info gets posted, it spreads faster than right info.

DedEye
11-30-2007, 1:12 AM
I definitely send people I meet at the range to this site and occasionally those at gunshops, so in a way yes.

aileron
11-30-2007, 5:33 AM
I'll shoot in my CalGuns t-shirt hoping to get attention for the place, and I also do mention CALGUNS to people when they get nervous about OLL's when Im at a gun shop. Go there and check out the FAQ.... bla bla bla.

chiefcrash
11-30-2007, 7:01 AM
I definitely send people I meet at the range to this site and occasionally those at gunshops, so in a way yes.

same here...

WokMaster1
11-30-2007, 8:27 AM
I am an ambassador for Calguns. I learnt from here & pass on the good word.

bwiese
11-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Hmm... ambassador.....

....well, I kinda like the profile set by G. McMurtry ("Mac") Godley.

He was one of our great Cold War ambassadors - served in various postings in Africa (including early 60s Congo) - ending up US Ambassador in wartime Saigon during mid-60s.

During his service in Africa, he had a picture of Mobutu stitched into his pants so he could be sitting on him at all times. At least in Saigon, Mac Godley was prone to carrying a S&W revolver at all times.

Now that's MY kinda FSO, a true Foreign Service Officer (many .mil types called FSOs "***got Serving Overseas", but that definitely wasn't our Mac Godley!)

Kestryll
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Do you ever feel like a Calguns.net Ambassador?

Frequently. ;)

I have over half a dozen Calguns shirts, several different hats, 'CALGUNS.NET' stickers and logos on my cars, my sig line on most other forums is 'Calguns.net' as clickable link and I have business cards for the forum that I hand out.

And then I tell people about OLLs, legal issues and other stuff addressed here both in person and on other forums.

I'm starting to buy and give out Calguns shirts and hats to family and friends as gifts.

I guess my answer is, 'Yes'.

N6ATF
11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
I try but you've got to be a particular kind of woman who will wade through all the sexual objectification stuff here to get to the good parts.

bwiese
11-30-2007, 1:35 PM
I try but you've got to be a particular kind of woman who will wade through all the sexual objectification stuff here to get to the good parts.

This is indeed true. Things about bad dates or "how can I shag this chick while hiding from this other chick", etc. in the Off-Topic forums really don't help us.

Nuuze
11-30-2007, 1:42 PM
I don't have a problem or mind mentioning CalGuns to folks in stores and ranges either. This is a great place with friendly people and I'm glad I found it recently. I never knew this site existed all this time. I always wanted an OLL but was never sure. Until a member of another site I belong to told me to check this site out. Since doing a lot of reading and asking folks and I started my 10 day wait on my first OLL Tuesday! :D

Steyr_223
11-30-2007, 9:27 PM
Yes, I spread to word of Calguns.net at work, at the range, gunshows, gunstores and online in other forums such as MMA.TV, Sherdog.com, Gunboards etc...

Mac
11-30-2007, 10:27 PM

CavTrooper
11-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Most of my friends are hunters, Im not sure theyd be welcomed here.;)

bwiese
11-30-2007, 10:54 PM
Most of my friends are hunters, Im not sure theyd be welcomed here.;)

They're certainly welcome here. That means they're tuned in & politically active.

I'm talking about the 80% of the others and the Zumboites.

AJAX22
12-01-2007, 7:45 AM
I try to remember that I represent the larger gun community when I go out every day.

Sometimes, when talking with anti's, it's all that keeps my Pimp hand in check.

Diablo
12-01-2007, 7:50 AM
I do try to spread the word as much as possible.