Liberty1
11-28-2007, 5:06 PM
watch it online :http://www.cnn.com/

Soldier415
11-28-2007, 5:08 PM
When does it start and end?

Mark_in_Pasadena
11-28-2007, 5:17 PM
Just started and Romney and Guilliani are already going at it....... This is going to be good....:cool:

Soldier415
11-28-2007, 5:21 PM
Time to rush home and see Fred Thompson smash em all :D

Bizcuits
11-28-2007, 6:39 PM
I gotta admit I think Ron Paul really lost out on the pull out of Iraq question.

McCain kicked his ***, the terrorists want to come to america, the vietnamese didn't. I noticed a lot of boo's for Ron Paul during this topic :confused:

Liberty1
11-28-2007, 7:18 PM
Ron's message is designed from more time then just a sound bit friendly response. Ron's support is not predicated on these mass media debates. Keep the faith.

On other debate issues, I could never hear Romney or Giulian's voices at another debate, and die happy. I did not like the fact that they could keep mentioning each other and thus tie up debate time by getting to respond to the others attacks. I could care less about what they think of each other. I'd much rather listen McCain, Hunter, Paul, and Thompson. I can't stand Huckabee or Tancredo's style but thats just me.

Way too many questions. Pose a question and let ALL the candidates answer, not just the media's elite select candidates. It would have been nice to hear more from Paul and Thompson. I did notice that Romney and Rudy sounded a little "Paulish" when invoking constitutional issues.

Bizcuits
11-28-2007, 9:18 PM
I felt like Rudy just kept backing into, "I did good in New York".

Thompson actually won me over on everything he had to say, don't have anything negative about it. I'd say tonight made up for his pre-candidate pleas for money.

Ron Paul, while I love the guy, lost me a little tonight. I felt like he didn't carry himself to well with the topic of Iraq.

I did like Romney's comment about not apologizing for Americans policing the world and helpping forgien powers. I hated the fact he backed out of every single question he was asked though. Think the guy is total slime.

While I don't like McCain, he did win points with sticking to his torture beliefs. I do disargee, I say torture em all. Although I respect the man for standing his ground, plus I liked his vietnam and iraq references.

PanzerAce
11-28-2007, 9:44 PM
is it on youtube anywhere?

Bizcuits
11-28-2007, 9:48 PM
CNN has a few videos up on their main page, haven't found much on utube yet

hitman13
11-28-2007, 10:15 PM
haha the campaign ads were all nice and cozy until fred's came out.

GO FRED!!

also, LMMFAO @ everyone booing at Rudy and Ron.

Liberty1
11-28-2007, 10:27 PM
http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2007/11/28/486055.aspx

Here are our counts for how long each candidate spoke during the first part of the debate
Romney -- 7:03, during 9 times
McCain -- 5:09, during 4 times
Giuliani -- 5:08, during 9 times
Thompson -- 4:38, during 4 times
Huckabee -- 4:14, during 5 times
Paul -- 3:27, during 4 times
Tancredo -- 2:20, during 4 times
Hunter -- 2:16, during 3 times

One note -- Huckabee did not get a chance to speak until 26 minutes into the debate, and Paul did not get his chance until more than a half hour into the debate.

Liberty1
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
haha the campaign ads were all nice and cozy until fred's came out.

GO FRED!!

also, LMMFAO @ everyone booing at Rudy and Ron.

Did you miss the McCain boos during his Paul non-intervention rant?

hitman13
11-28-2007, 10:50 PM
had to make coffee sometime....

Sgt Raven
11-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Who was the person with the EBR from Bakersfield, and is he a member here?

POINTMANDDT
11-28-2007, 11:36 PM
I gotta admit I think Ron Paul really lost out on the pull out of Iraq question.

McCain kicked his ***, the terrorists want to come to america, the vietnamese didn't. I noticed a lot of boo's for Ron Paul during this topic :confused:

Surprisingly, I think Ron Paul answered the Iraq question very well; this is one area I can completely support him on. He got a few points from me tonight. If it wasn't for his unrealistic views, some even say extreme views, I think he would be a contender (once he returns the $500 dollars from the KKK). Ron Paul did seem to be too reserved or almost even timid, this to me looks like weakness. But, again I can appreciate him standing for what he believes in even when he knows he will be flamed for it.

Question 25 Govn Romney really made himself look bad, he seems to go back and forth on his views.

I wonder how they decided when someone gets to talk and when someone doesn’t?

Josh3239
11-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I was shocked after the debate when some analyst said that Thompson did bad, I thought he did the best.

Romney did a great job dodging questions. McCain didn't seem like himself. Paul reinforced my thoughts that he is loco. Tancredo and Huckabee were unimpressive. I am not even going to start with Rudy. I wish we could hear more from Duncan Hunter.

Druac
11-28-2007, 11:52 PM
"That presumes Roe vs. Wade is overturned, wich I think should be our number one focus right now..."

WTF?:confused:

Yeah, with the cluster-f**ck that Bush and company has created, not to mention every other subject discussed, abortion should be our number one focus right now...:kest:

Josh3239
11-28-2007, 11:55 PM
That obviously wasn't his best moment, I think saying that Roe vs Wade is the #1 priority was just to get pro-life voters. I personally don't believe Roe vs Wade should be overturned but I'll still be supporting Thompson.

Liberty1
11-28-2007, 11:59 PM
I wonder how they decided when someone gets to talk and when someone doesn’t?

Don't we wish we knew. Thompson had a good podium just to the left of Rudy. McCain probably didn't like that.

Also I'm surprised McCain singled out Ron for his foreign policy attack. Doesn't McCain know that WWI, and our intervention in it, was what led to Hitler's Rise and WWII not a lack of action? Sure Chamberlain and his "peace in our time" was a joke but what does McCain think the United States should have done in '34, '36, or '40? We got in at the "right" time after being attacked, which united the country, and helped us to stay united till victory. We haven't had a declared war since and no total victories either.

WWII in a vacuum was a just war. We were attacked and then Germany declared war on us. We declared war and won it by putting millions into uniform with the might of this nation behind a total effort. But to look at it in context of the first half of the 20th Century starting with the Spanish American War, WWII was the consequence (blowback) of misguided earlier interventions into Old World European affairs (Queen Victoria's waring grandchildren).

Hey, I love our military, our military history and our victories like the next guy, but I love our Republic and Constitutional Liberties too and want us to learn from the past to keep us safe for the long term. Did having our troops in 130 countries, 700 overseas bases, financial support to dictators, and no respect for the 2nd Amendment keep us safe on 9/11? Fortress America (secure borders and a strong military including militia) with friendship and trade towards all gets my vote any day of the week.

Here is a Ron Paul debate recap: http://dailypaul.com/node/9216

I was disappointed Ron didn't get to speak much and had initially though he missed some opportunities but after watching the recap he seams to have done fine. Hunter speaks well and I wouldn't have minded more from Thompson too. I hope Rudy and Mitt implode. They are the worst!

retired
11-29-2007, 1:33 AM
Personally, I like Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo; especially their views on illegal aliens. Huckabee is for amnesty, despite what he may say. He just wants to issue them fines and make them wait, not deport them.

I know some say it may be impractical to deport the 12-20 million illegals, but I sure wish the feds would at least give it a decent attempt. I for one, do not want them to be given citizenship under any circumstances. I also would like to see the children of illegals not be given citizenship status merely because they are born here. Call me a racist, but I'm not. You don't award criminals IMO.

I realize Hunter and Tancredo don't stand a chance, but I can wish. I saw Hunter about 2 weeks ago on Glen Beck and he handled himself well. Hey, Huner for Pres. and Tancredo for VP!!

AfricanHunter
11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
Anyone watch the debate last night? What did you think?

Soldier415
11-29-2007, 10:30 AM
We have a discussion going in off topic, come join us :D

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=76820

Soldier415
11-29-2007, 10:35 AM
The thing is, the Military is for National Defense, NOT experiments in social engineering

Josh3239
11-29-2007, 3:57 PM
Personally, I like Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo; especially their views on illegal aliens.

Yep, those 2 are very vocal about illegal immigration. I really like Hunter even though he doesn't stand a chance, I think he would be a great President.

I liked Tancredo until he made that comment about threatening Mecca and other holy sites with nukes. Talk about turning every Muslim, liberal, and country against us...

Shotgun Man
11-29-2007, 7:16 PM
Were there any questions about Heller vs. DC?

Shotgun Man
11-29-2007, 8:55 PM
Were there any questions about Heller vs. DC?

Replying to my own query, this link is to a discussion in the general guns forum:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=76858

stag1500
11-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Also I'm surprised McCain singled out Ron for his foreign policy attack. Doesn't McCain know that WWI, and our intervention in it, was what led to Hitler's Rise and WWII not a lack of action? Sure Chamberlain and his "peace in our time" was a joke but what does McCain think the United States should have done in '34, '36, or '40? We got in at the "right" time after being attacked, which united the country, and helped us to stay united till victory. We haven't had a declared war since and no total victories either.

Exactly! The world was too busy dealing with their economic depressions to really notice what Hitler was doing. By the time the world realized what he was up to, it was too late and there was no choice but to go to war after that. One of the reasons we won the was because this country was united behind the war effort.

It would be nice if McCain wasn't such a hot head. He would really do well to read a little history. Maybe then he will understand why the U.S. went from being the most loved country in the world in 1945 to one of the most hated countries during the last 60 years.

Shotgun Man
11-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Was it just me or was Giuliani arguing that gun control works with his instance that enforcing the gun laws on the books in NYC helped reduce crime?:confused:

I think you are correct. I saw that. Giuliani was trying to say that NYC-styled gun control was good, while still trying to woo gunners. It didn't come off too well.

He looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

wutzu
11-30-2007, 2:52 AM
I just about gagged when McCain said "We never lost a battle in Vietnam. It was American public opinion that forced us to lose..."

This is a patently untrue myth propogated by the Army in the late 70s, and it's been debunked ad nauseum. The simple fact is that the Army and Marines were by and large unable to fight a counterinsurgency, and by and large uninterested in learning how to do so. For more info on this read Learning to Eat Soup With a Knife (http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Eat-Soup-Knife-Counterinsurgency/dp/0226567702).

I liked Ron Paul's response immensely though.

SchooBaka
11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
I think you are correct. I saw that. Giuliani was trying to say that NYC-styled gun control was good, while still trying to woo gunners. It didn't come off too well.

He looked like a deer caught in the headlights.

Did you catch his misquote?
"the right to carry and bare arms"
It reminded me of the NRA speech, when he began quoting the 4th amendment in context to the 2nd amendment, and a staffer tried to save him by calling his cellphone, lol.
He is definitily not my candidate. If you ask me, he should have been asked if he was running for the wrong party in the first debate, not Ron Paul.

paradox
11-30-2007, 2:25 PM
Ron Paul did seem to be too reserved or almost even timid, this to me looks like weakness.

Testosterone fueled bad boys make lousy OBGYNs.