PDA

View Full Version : Got a ticket for not being armed!

Liberty1
11-28-2007, 9:50 AM
Well back in the day. :p

http://www.americanthinker.com/2007/11/the_second_amendment_and_the_i.html

In South Carolina, it was against the law to go out of doors without a weapon as stated in, "The Statutes at Large of South Carolina: Edited Under Authority of the Legislature," on page 418:

"who shall be at any such Church, or any other places of public worship, as aforesaid, shall come and resort without his gun or a pair of horse pistols, and ammunition, as aforesaid..." (it goes on to state that the Church-Wardens will inform said parties that they are in violation of the law and that they shall be fined.)

The fine was twenty shillings for each act of coming outside without a weapon and thus, it is very apparent that there is absolutely no way that weapons in South Carolina were stored in a central armory or the law would consistently be violated. The Stature also stated that duly appointed law enforcement officials were allowed to demand proof that said citizens were armed when out and about!

StukaJr
11-28-2007, 9:55 AM
I believe there was a law in Massachusetts, paraphrased something along the lines of "No man will be outside after dark without a lantern and a musket" - it may still be on the books :D Don't know what the penalty was/is.

Glock22Fan
11-28-2007, 10:00 AM
I believe that it is still the law in England that able-bodied men should practise archery on the village green after church on Sundays.

There is a story, maybe an urban legend, that one student at Oxbridge (either of the two oldest universities, Oxford or Cambridge) insisted on his right within the regulations to a quart of ale while sitting his exams. The authorities gave in after a fight and gave him his ale. On leaving the exam hall, he was stopped by the provost marshall and fined the cost of a quart of ale for failing to wear his sword in the quadrangle.

CCWFacts
11-28-2007, 10:02 AM
That is beautiful.

"License, registration, insurance and please indicate where your weapon is."

"Sir, I, uh, it's in the safe."

"Your weapon is in the safe? What good can it possibly do in the safe?"

"I'm sorry, sir, I didn't have a holster that goes with these jeans."

"You'll get a warning this time. Next time, 20 schillings fine. Don't let it happen again."

mk19
11-28-2007, 10:06 AM
oh the good ole times

Piper
11-28-2007, 11:29 AM
That is beautiful.

"License, registration, insurance and please indicate where your weapon is."

"Sir, I, uh, it's in the safe."

"Your weapon is in the safe? What good can it possibly do in the safe?"

"I'm sorry, sir, I didn't have a holster that goes with these jeans."

"You'll get a warning this time. Next time, 20 schillings fine. Don't let it happen again."

:smilielol5: Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

metalhead357
11-28-2007, 5:12 PM
ohhhhhhhh love them old blue laws.

There was a sight that had one of my Favs since I live in chico...since been removed; but it stated pretty much along the lines of "Detonation of a Nuclear Device within City limits; $500 fine first offence.":eek:

Jack_Bauer
11-29-2007, 10:33 AM
ohhhhhhhh love them old blue laws.

There was a sight that had one of my Favs since I live in chico...since been removed; but it stated pretty much along the lines of "Detonation of a Nuclear Device within City limits; $500 fine first offence.":eek:

http://www.idiotlaws.com/you-must-pay-a-500-fine-if-you-detonate-a-nuclear-device-within-the-city-limits/

nuke_em
11-29-2007, 1:53 PM
Kennesaw Georgia

Gun Law

On May 1, 1982 the city passed an ordinance [Sec 34-1a] requiring every head of household to maintain a firearm together with ammunition. It was passed partly in response to a 1981 handgun ban in Morton Grove, Illinois. Kennesaw's law was amended in 1983 to exempt those who conscientiously object to owning a firearm, convicted felons, those who cannot afford a firearm, and those with a mental or physical disability that would prevent them from owning a firearm. It mentions no penalty for its violation. According to the Kennesaw Historical Society, no one has ever been charged under the ordinance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennesaw,_Georgia

metalhead357
11-29-2007, 4:51 PM
http://www.idiotlaws.com/you-must-pay-a-500-fine-if-you-detonate-a-nuclear-device-within-the-city-limits/

LOL! yep- that'd be the one!