PDA

View Full Version : Rick Roberts talking guns/self defense right now

Bill_in_SD
11-27-2007, 7:26 AM
www.760kfmb.com

Rick Roberts covering self defense issues and guns as a topic in general this morning.

Opportunity for someone to get on there with some reasonable statements.

Unfortunately the example he gives for a self defense scenario is pretty weak and may be counter-productive, certainly for California. It is a 911 call of a guy who is in Texas, and who shoots and kills two BGs after they break in to a neighbor's house.

- A lot of Californian's think all Texans are cowboys
- This is a shoot over property
- The guy makes comments like "I'm gonna kill them"

He has played it twice this morning, tune in and email/call with those comments!

Bill in SD

gazzavc
11-27-2007, 8:30 AM
Well I got through and spoke to him regarding some of the restrictive laws here in CA and in regards to the right to defend oneself and ones family.

Nice bloke !!!

Gary

Bill_in_SD
11-27-2007, 8:37 AM
Just heard you on there - well done!!

Bill in SD

N6ATF
11-27-2007, 1:43 PM
Was the segment recorded and can it be distributed to the public?

M. Sage
11-27-2007, 5:36 PM
http://www.760kfmb.com/podcast/rick/

N6ATF
11-27-2007, 5:59 PM
That's odd, his show is 5 hours long, yet is divided into four segments.

Rick Roberts Show - 11/27
Hour 04
Hour 03
Hour 02
Hour 01

Since this aired between 8-9 am, is it in fake hour 3 or 4... guess I'll have to find out for myself.

M. Sage
11-27-2007, 6:03 PM
Don't ask me. The MP3 version is useless. I can't understand a word that's said, it's gotta be the lowest-quality MP3 that I've ever heard.

Just have to get the podcast version, I guess.

Patriot
11-27-2007, 6:04 PM
That's odd, his show is 5 hours long, yet is divided into four segments.

Since this aired between 8-9 am, is it in fake hour 3 or 4... guess I'll have to find out for myself.

Isn't the discrepancy a result of commercial breaks :confused:

N6ATF
11-27-2007, 6:17 PM
Don't ask me. The MP3 version is useless. I can't understand a word that's said, it's gotta be the lowest-quality MP3 that I've ever heard.

Just have to get the podcast version, I guess.

Yeah. Only today's, though. Totally corrupt.

The podcast versions point to exactly the same files.

And the discrepancy could be due to commercials, but it's not the best way to do it. The podcast for Armstrong and Getty at 910 KNEW is split at each show hour, commercials removed, so they end up being ~38 mins. It's good for referencing segments because you can point people to a specific hour in the files instead of trying to find it in the overall commercial-free hour-long cuts.

Richie Rich
11-27-2007, 7:47 PM
I called and spoke to him as well. First time ever calling a radio show, I stammered and sounded dumb at first, then composed myself a bit.

Heard your call on my way to work Gary, well said !!

I thought his "if you are not able to defend yourself and your family, you are not a man (have no balls) was pretty out there, but true.

Was kind of shocking to hear a public figure advising people with felony records who are now reformed to arm themselves regardless of what the laws say.

He is more of a libertarian then I thought!

BTW, Rick Roberts is a gun owner, shooter and has at least 1 registered AW (bushmaster AR). I also believe he is a CCW permit holder (not easy to get in San Diego)...

N6ATF
11-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Totally easy to get, only if you're a public figure.