PDA

View Full Version : just traded my Glock 21 for a kimber custom II

five.five-six
11-25-2007, 7:51 PM
A-Freaking-Mazing. I just traded guns with another man, both guns were .45acp, and both of us have to wait 10 days to cool off... and we each get to pay $35 for the privilege..

Wyatt
11-25-2007, 7:53 PM
Kinda silly isn't it?

ballistic
11-25-2007, 8:00 PM
Welcome to Commiefornia.
:(

Oh, nice trade by the way.

KenpoProfessor
11-26-2007, 1:48 AM
Last gun trade I did, guy came over with the G23 for my AP9, he was happy, I was happy, off we go to the range.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

railroader
11-26-2007, 5:32 AM
The wait sucks but nice trade:). This coming from a guy who owns both brands. Mark

vandal
11-26-2007, 7:38 AM
Whenever I go in to buy ANOTHER gun, my dealer who knows me well says "Well you know I have to make you wait another 10 days because THIS gun might be the one that puts you over the edge!"

vandal
11-26-2007, 7:44 AM
The 10 days gives you enough time to order all the stuff you will need for your 1911 from Brownells. By the time you buy all that stuff it will be an even trade.

:p

five.five-six
11-26-2007, 8:57 AM
Kinda silly isn't it?

Yea, who would trade a kimber for a glock :confused: seriously, that glock put a lot of lead on paper FAST! We are both happy with the trade..

the glock started out with a buddy who needed $300 for rent, he could not repay the $300, so he gave me a glock 17 III, I had another buddy who wanted the 17, so he traded me for a raced out 21 III, and then this guy did not like the kimber, so he traded me for the 21, I threw in a set of night sights $130

$300 17
$35 PPT
$35 PPT
$35 PPT
$130 night sites
=$535 for a kimber custom II

Nice gun, I met the guy at a tactical class we both take. I used it in the class that night for the first time... I had bunch of new equipment, new 3 point sling, new MOLLE vest which I was fumbling with all night. oddly enough I never even noticed the kimber, it just worked like an extension of me the entire night, even though I had never touched it (let alone fired it) before

Any one who says "this is to protect the children" is full of it, I have $105 in fees and on all 3 occasions had to quarantine a gun for 10 days that I had already had possession of and shot...

Mind you all 3 transactions were with "persons known to me” and the firearm was never loaned for more than 30 days

RRangel
11-26-2007, 11:38 AM
You're lucky it's just $35. That's as cheap as it gets.

Thanks to the victim disarming gun haters running this state we have no more "gun show loophole".

five.five-six
11-26-2007, 12:40 PM
$35 is for a ppt, tha is if both seller and buyer are standing there

jumbopanda
11-26-2007, 12:45 PM
Sickening how the state gets to charge us $35 for the right to trade/sell our own property. :mad:

.50DE
11-26-2007, 2:37 PM
A-Freaking-Mazing. I just traded guns with another man, both guns were .45acp, and both of us have to wait 10 days to cool off... and we each get to pay $35 for the privilege..

yeah yeah rub it in. We all meet up there for a shoot and you go and make a deal for a new toy! :D

five.five-six
11-26-2007, 5:16 PM
yeah yeah rub it in. We all meet up there for a shoot and you go and make a deal for a new toy! :D

hey, Scott loves his new glock... that gun makes a lot of holes close together fast

.50DE
11-26-2007, 6:03 PM
lets just hope he stays on target next time lol.
Its cool you guys both ended up with somthing you wanted.

five.five-six
11-26-2007, 6:12 PM
it's cool you let me run the course with your socom, that thing is just sick, shoots like a dream, very managable recoil, accurate as all hell

.50DE
11-26-2007, 6:17 PM
Its no problem at all belive me. I need to scrape together the money to get some optics on that thing. Im holding out to get a Trijicon Tri Power for it, should sit alot lower than an Eotech.

Anytime we are shootin and you wanna run with something i have just ask man, training on a other platforms is what keeps things interesting.

proraptor
11-26-2007, 8:35 PM
That was my 21......I would have kept it....Im not a fan of kimbers either

11-26-2007, 10:02 PM

You got the better end of this deal. Does he have anymore guns that he wants to trade?:D

.50DE
11-26-2007, 10:17 PM
i dont know, I remember being at the range when scott first got that kimber, atleast i think it was that very one. He was haveing all sorts of extration problems with it. I just chalked it up to it being a kimber lol.

Seriouly though, good trade

Gunaria
11-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Sickening how the state gets to charge us $35 for the right to trade/sell our own property. :mad:

I have been thinking about this for a while and with tax season coming in about two months, I'll let the cat out of the bag now. The $25 DROS fee is a TAX plain and simple. So if you itemize your tax deductions, count all the DROS taxes that you have paid during the 2007 tax year and deduct them. Let's stick it back to the state and at least get some of our hard earn money back.

proraptor
11-27-2007, 4:04 PM
i dont know, I remember being at the range when scott first got that kimber, atleast i think it was that very one. He was haveing all sorts of extration problems with it. I just chalked it up to it being a kimber lol.

My buddy had the same problems with his kimber....Not a fan at all

five.five-six
11-27-2007, 4:25 PM

well, i hope not, he claimed it ran great.. i am probably going to try to trade it for a O/U bird gun :)