PDA

View Full Version : anyone use this trigger on an NDS-3 build?

swift
11-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Has anyone tried the Power Custom drop in trigger and retaining plate on their NDS-3 builds? Is it really drop in?

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=882259
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=433261

Blue
11-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Looks just about as drop in as any other trigger out there for the AK. Have you tried a Tapco G2 trigger yet? They're like 1/3rd the price of that one and have a really nice feel to them.

robitrocks
11-25-2007, 1:23 PM
I've used the Tapco G2's in my builds, and I'm not sure if I'd spend more money on an AK trigger. :) AK triggers are about as basic as they come. :D

swift
11-25-2007, 1:55 PM
Thanks, I'll get the tapco G2 assemblies. Much less expensive!

SunriseF150
11-26-2007, 7:44 AM
The reviews seem good. Looks like it's comparable to the Red Star Arms fcg, which i'll be putting in my yugo's. I guess it all depends on if you want an upgraded fcg or standard. If you want standard go with tapco or arsenal, if you want upgraded go with this or RSA.

M. Sage
11-26-2007, 5:44 PM
I have that pin retainter: BUY IT! If you ever have to pull the trigger back out to fiddle at any point (I did), you'll thank yourself for buying it. Another worthy part is the SWIFT safety with the notch to lock the bolt group back, and allow you to select safe or fire without taking your right hand off the rifle.

I'm getting spoiled by the two-stage NM trigger in my Garand, so I'm thinking of upgrading to a RSA trigger in my Romy one of these days... It's starting to annoy me that my AK trigger is nothing but creep. Suppose it fits the owner, though. :p

Turns out the AK FCG is awful similar to the Garand unit. :eek:

Umm, Sunrise: Power Custom is the trigger kit sold by RSA. Zoom in on the pic on RSA's site, and you can see where the packaging says "Power Custom, Inc" right next to Red Star Arms.

Lon Moer
11-26-2007, 6:10 PM
Umm, Sunrise: Power Custom is the trigger kit sold by RSA. Zoom in on the pic on RSA's site, and you can see where the packaging says "Power Custom, Inc" right next to Red Star Arms.
They are the same company. ;)