PDA

View Full Version : Xmas arrives early

frigginchi
11-23-2007, 8:52 PM
:D
Xmas came early this year. I went to big 5 and bought myself 2 black guns. Less than 400 bux including DROS for the 2.

Norinco 12 ga shotty:
http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/norinco/norinco_40341.jpg

Marlin model 60:
http://www.marlinfirearms.com/images/zoom_60sn.jpg

hitman13
11-23-2007, 9:02 PM
how are those norincos?

!@#$
11-23-2007, 9:12 PM
how are those norincos?

not so good

frigginchi
11-23-2007, 9:12 PM
I think they are a Remington 870 knockoff. I haven't picked it up yet but from playing with it the pump was smooth. Fit and finish was ok. It'll make a good knockaround gun.

how are those norincos?

!@#$
11-23-2007, 9:29 PM
in the pic is the ithaca copy they do also make an 870 copy. they are more look alikes than copies as most parts don't interchange. the quality of steel is not up to american standard kind of like the chicom airsoft ar15 parts. good luck getting any spare parts if the gun breaks. i just see no reason to buy these when a used 870 or mossberg 500 go for the same cost.

DedEye
11-23-2007, 11:14 PM
The Marlin should be good at least. Tube fed .22?

frigginchi
11-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Yep, 14+1 rds of .22 fury. The shotgun will serve its intended purpose.

The Marlin should be good at least. Tube fed .22?

shinigami
11-23-2007, 11:57 PM
The marlin 60 needs one (or two) more accessory :

Get this http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/GNS120-44767-1172.html and you'll be ready to go to combat :53:

triggerhappy
11-24-2007, 7:48 AM
Merry Christmas to you and your wallet :)

weezil_boi
11-24-2007, 10:21 AM
I am glad you didnt spend too much, but have to say this...

Unlike the fun black guns we all love so much on this site, the 12 gauge is a gun that may actually need to be used in your self defense someday. That said, you want a quality,reliable gun. If this Norinco is all you can afford now, save your pennies, sell that thing and get an 870. I know it looks cool, but a solid shottie is a must for home defense and that norinco is no measure of reliability. If its a second shottie or fun gun for you, please disregard all this. But if you expect to actually protect your home and family with it... go back to big 5 and buy one of their 870 deals for $300. You'll sleep better at night, or at least I would. Just my 1.5 cents. --- I like the Marlin by the way, I have been eye ballin one for awhile now but have the 10/22 and always find something else to buy.

Rem1492
11-24-2007, 3:06 PM
I have the opposite view. During Katrina shotguns were sold like crazy, ANY shotgun will do. The chinese shotguns do come apart, loose screws etc...

test fire it, tighten it all up with loctite then test again. Should be good to go. Usually a shotgun needs to get off 2 rounds to be effective.

Many of my dealer buddies keep those chinese shotguns in the back to sell during a catastrophe, because thats when demand and price go up!

Hopi
11-24-2007, 3:09 PM
Yep, 14+1 rds of .22 fury. The shotgun will serve its intended purpose.
+1, congrats on your new purchases!

posted by: weezil_boi
the 12 gauge is a gun that may actually need to be used in your self defense someday. That said, you want a quality,reliable gun.

Give me a break, if the gun can fire 2-3 shots you should be good. If you need to fire more than that, you should rethink your 'career' or relocate your home.......

Altahick
11-24-2007, 3:20 PM
what did u pay for the m60? i have an older one with the wood stock and the gold trigger and its one of my favorite guns. i shoot like 500 rnds everytime i shoot it and it just keeps on goin bang, mine holds 16rnds maby its special haha

frigginchi
11-24-2007, 5:16 PM
149 before taxes.

what did u pay for the m60? i have an older one with the wood stock and the gold trigger and its one of my favorite guns. i shoot like 500 rnds everytime i shoot it and it just keeps on goin bang, mine holds 16rnds maby its special haha

frigginchi
11-24-2007, 5:18 PM
I still say it's better than my fist or a knife even if I have to use it as a club. :D

I am glad you didnt spend too much, but have to say this...

Unlike the fun black guns we all love so much on this site, the 12 gauge is a gun that may actually need to be used in your self defense someday. That said, you want a quality,reliable gun. If this Norinco is all you can afford now, save your pennies, sell that thing and get an 870. I know it looks cool, but a solid shottie is a must for home defense and that norinco is no measure of reliability. If its a second shottie or fun gun for you, please disregard all this. But if you expect to actually protect your home and family with it... go back to big 5 and buy one of their 870 deals for $300. You'll sleep better at night, or at least I would. Just my 1.5 cents. --- I like the Marlin by the way, I have been eye ballin one for awhile now but have the 10/22 and always find something else to buy.

weezil_boi
11-25-2007, 12:23 AM
+1, congrats on your new purchases!

posted by: weezil_boi

Give me a break, if the gun can fire 2-3 shots you should be good. If you need to fire more than that, you should rethink your 'career' or relocate your home.......

Just curious, what would one's 'career' have to do with needing to fire more than 2 or 3 shots from a shot gun? The home I get, but 'career' :confused:

Please dont get me wrong. Im glad the guy bought one. And yes... its better than a fist or a club :D, but I was just suggesting that if he had the means, he would be better off with a nice reliable gun. Maybe I am way off base and all of us guys who spent another $100 for 870 are suckers. But I just dont worry about it.

Maybe its just my 1 cent now, but thanks for listening to my mindless blabber.

bigthaiboy
11-25-2007, 12:31 AM
Just curious, where did you buy the Norinco and how much? It's a Chinese-copy of an Ithaca Model 37.

Hopi
11-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Just curious, what would one's 'career' have to do with needing to fire more than 2 or 3 shots from a shot gun? The home I get, but 'career' :confused:

Please dont get me wrong. Im glad the guy bought one. And yes... its better than a fist or a club :D, but I was just suggesting that if he had the means, he would be better off with a nice reliable gun. Maybe I am way off base and all of us guys who spent another $100 for 870 are suckers. But I just dont worry about it.

Maybe its just my 1 cent now, but thanks for listening to my mindless blabber.

Well, maybe you're in the illegal drugs business, or perhaps a transporter for illicit goods, high-profile/risk security guard, etc.......

BTW, I personally have 3 shotguns, all mossbergs. I wouldn't necessarily rule out owning norinco shotguns, I do have a Chinese made Polytech M-14s and it has worked flawlessly.

hitman13
11-25-2007, 12:46 AM
christmas came early from ms. Claus too. she chipped in 1/2 the money for my new toy.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/rsteele13/M1%20Garand/IMG_0668.jpg

frigginchi
11-25-2007, 6:53 AM
Saweet!

christmas came early from ms. Claus too. she chipped in 1/2 the money for my new toy.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b281/rsteele13/M1%20Garand/IMG_0668.jpg

.45shooter
11-25-2007, 7:21 AM
FWIW..I have a Norinco 870 Clone...Shot well over 1000 rounds of 00 buck and magnum slugs since I first bought it a couple years ago..and it has held up to the beating with only a few FTE's...other than that it will do its intended job...my.02cents..

maxicon
11-25-2007, 11:14 AM
The Norinco shotguns are popular with the cowboy action shooter crowds, as the originals tend to be pricey. The general complaints about Chinese shotguns have to do with fit and finish, not reliability, as far as I've seen.

Does anyone actually own one who can give some feedback? I'd be curious about actual experiences.

In any case, a shotgun for defense use needs to have many rounds put through it, regardless of where it was made or how much it cost. If it's unreliable, that's how to find out.