PDA

View Full Version : ASA is back in business

Blue
11-23-2007, 7:33 PM
Page 44 of SGN if anybody cares. Maybe its old news?

ar15barrels
11-23-2007, 7:35 PM
They come and go every month or two.

PIRATE14
11-23-2007, 7:46 PM
Page 44 of SGN if anybody cares. Maybe its old news?

It's news but is it good..........;)

Blue
11-23-2007, 8:18 PM
It's news but is it good..........;)

LOL I dunno if it is or isn't! I was kind of excited because back in '02 when I got my Fab10 I had an "internet friend" off of AR15.com that worked for them. He sold me ALL KINDS of AR stuff for SUPER cheap!!! I don't know if he was stealing it from them or what, but I got SEVERAL LPK's for $35 each, a couple of complete bolt groups and charging handles for $75 a set, and even got a buddy a 16" bull barreled upper for $300 complete, brand new, with BCG and everything. I personally liked their stuff, never had any problems with it and the price was definately right :D

DRM6000
11-23-2007, 9:29 PM
my first ar15 kit for a fab10 was an asa one. i still have it today. i haven't had any problems or issues with the parts. it may not be mil-spec, but it makes a fine plinker and goes bang when i want it to.

stator
11-24-2007, 7:08 AM
The older ASA lowers were made by LMT and were excellent.

bwiese
11-24-2007, 11:07 AM
The older ASA lowers were made by LMT and were excellent.

Yup, I have two (reg'd) ASA ASA-15 lowers. Other than having to clear a tad of excess coating from the detent pin holes with a hand-turned drill bit they are great.

I wouldn't touch any other ASA part, esp uppers. Even if they were OK, if you have a question/need support and you called in you were liable to encounter Psycho Bob Risner (?spelling/approx) who'd berate you no matter which side of an issue you were on - using milspec ammo? "Milspec is crap ammo, we're designed for match..." but using match ammo... "Match stuff is outta spec, why aren't you using milspec?"

The rest of their small parts I'd place in the same league as those from other bottom-feeders (Model1, Oly Arms, etc.)

akjunkie
11-24-2007, 12:42 PM
ASA: american spirit arms?

C.G.
11-24-2007, 1:09 PM
ASA: american spirit arms?

Yes.

4 Brigada
11-24-2007, 4:47 PM
lot of good, look at this

http://www.americanspiritarms.net/store.php?crn=208&rn=425&action=show_detail

C.G.
11-24-2007, 6:37 PM
lot of good, look at this

http://www.americanspiritarms.net/store.php?crn=208&rn=425&action=show_detail

Yeah, they won't ship to PRK; no wonder, they are listed as "American Spirit - ASA model" in the AW guide.

Fjold
11-24-2007, 6:53 PM
ASA back in business. It's kind of like saying "look, the new Yugos are in!"

bwiese
11-24-2007, 7:56 PM
ASA back in business. It's kind of like saying "look, the new Yugos are in!"

No, all their parts are from FN military contractors. Honest Injun.

bwwaaah.

05SCtaco
08-16-2008, 8:15 PM
I have a buddy with an unred. ASA 15 lower, i looked at the list, and one said, on the list -ASA USE, and the off list said - ASA-10 . So whats the deal, can he redg. it, or is it still a no no?

NeoWeird
08-17-2008, 12:50 AM
Good job, you just let the California Department of Justice, who lets it be known monitores this site on a regular basis, know that you know someone commiting a felony. Yay you.

The answer is IF someone owned an unregisted listed receiver, such as one of the ASA receivers, they should strip the rifle down to parts and contact their lawyer ASAP to arrange for it to be surrendered by their lawyer. IF the person owned it they should not sell it to anyone as that would be another felony. They should not take it out of state as that would be an extra felony. They can't take it to an FFL because the FFL won't have the proper license, and even if they did they couldn't take it without registration paperwork.

Registrations are gone forever for the average joe, so there would be no point in keeping it. Surrender it and have him buy a lower that is off list and build the rifle up using the new receiver. Tell him to look at it as either $200 down the drain or possibly $50K + in legal fees and a decade in prison and never being able to vote or own a firearm again. It's pretty easy when you look at it like that.