PDA

View Full Version : .416 Barrett

M1Shooter
11-23-2007, 6:10 PM
Saw one of these in a Fresno gun shop bout 2 months ago. Awesome looking round. Can really reach out and touch with this round. Rifle was a big, heavy, single shot bolt action as I recall. Kind of a downsized .50 Barrett and legal in the State. Very expensive though. Seems like the rifle was $4,500.00, rounds were $8.00/ea, and reloading dies were $350.00. Lot of money.

brando
11-23-2007, 6:29 PM
Uh, yup. Necked down .50BMG in a sense, shooting a solid round at fairly extreme velocity. There's been plenty of discussion on this round and rifle here if you search a bit.

supersonic
11-23-2007, 8:19 PM
IMHO, with a barrel-burner like that with THAT kind of price tag - they probably won't last too long in the civilian market. However, I definitely give praise to Ronnie for not only creating a weapon system MORE "destructive" than the Kali-banned 50BMG that is now in LEGALLY in occupied territory and there ain't JACK the bubbleheads in Sac can say or DO about it, but that he was the only one who had the balls to stand up to the Kali "government" by saying "citizens w/ "registered .50's": send 'em in for service when needed. "government/L.E. agencies: from now on , as far as sales & service, guess what? you did WRONG by your citizens. So, F**K the HELL OFF!!!!!!" If all the manufacturers of AR-based weapons systems did the same, there WOULD be some kind of change in these moronic " Kali assault weapons laws.":mad:

PIRATE14
11-23-2007, 8:28 PM
Saw one of these in a Fresno gun shop bout 2 months ago. Awesome looking round. Can really reach out and touch with this round. Rifle was a big, heavy, single shot bolt action as I recall. Kind of a downsized .50 Barrett and legal in the State. Very expensive though. Seems like the rifle was $4,500.00, rounds were $8.00/ea, and reloading dies were $350.00. Lot of money.

Not a bad going rate for a Big Bore rifle........w/ a specialty round....in the grand scheme of things....

supersonic
11-24-2007, 6:25 AM
Not a bad going rate for a Big Bore rifle........w/ a specialty round....in the grand scheme of things....

:rofl2: LMFAO!