View Full Version : Help with recently purchased ACOG

11-22-2007, 5:04 PM
Ok, so I just picked up my first scope yesterday from my local gunshop. It's a TA31-F. Pulled it out of the case when I was there and everything looked great. Got home and mounted it on my AR and I was messin' around with it and I noticed the if I angle it to the side a little bit it's like I can see behind the first lens inside the scope and it looks like there is a little piece of black fuzz that is appearing on the inside of the front lens.

At first I figured it was from the scope cover on the outside of the lens and I used the scope brush, but it didn't remove it. When I'm looking straight through it I can't see anything but if I angle it like I said I see it every time. Should I send it back to Trijicon or what?

11-22-2007, 5:17 PM
If I paid that much.....YES.

11-22-2007, 5:25 PM
I give them an A+.

11-22-2007, 7:51 PM
I'm looking closer and I think that it may be some sort of scratch. Will Trijicon fix a scratch for me? It had to have been done by them because I watched the guy at the gun shop pull it out of the UPS box and hand it directly to me. Nobody there even handled it.

Should I just shut up and deal with it? It's not even noticeable when I'm looking straight ahead.

11-22-2007, 8:22 PM
I would most certainly contact Trijicon and see what they will do. You just spent way too much money on that baby not to have exactly what you want.

As an aside, I am about to order just about every model of ACOG and see which one I like. I hope I don't bankrupt my company, but I have ACOG fever!

11-22-2007, 8:25 PM
Depending where you bought it why not just take it back? Most stores have a return policy and should atleast exchange it.

11-22-2007, 8:47 PM
I love my new TA55A. Phenomenal. My pocket book is very light now though :rolleyes: