PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP ROMANIAN BUILD

ElCUBANO
11-22-2007, 3:22 PM
I am in the process of building a couple of Romanian on NDS-3 receivers. I used udrive screws. The problem is it will not chamber a round off the mag or at least not consistently. I took it to the range because I wanted to make sure everything was working fine before I Duracoated it. What happens is the bolt strips a round from the mag but the bullet doesn't lift up into the chamber instead it jams against the chamber face. If I hand feed a round into the chamber it shoots and ejects the empty case and sometimes chambers a round. A friend suggested I needed a bullet guide not sure that the problem since it looks like it already has one. Has anyone else had this problem. Whats the fix. Any suggestions on who I can take it to.:confused:

thedrickel
11-22-2007, 3:31 PM
Which mags are you using and have you tried some other mags? Hollow points, soft point or FMJ?

Diablo
11-22-2007, 3:46 PM
Checked headspace?

ElCUBANO
11-22-2007, 6:34 PM
I did not check the head space but when I loaded one round at a time it fired ok and ejected ok no case deformation. I tried three different kinds of mags. by the bay snap caps cycle great.

JHC
11-22-2007, 6:59 PM
I hate to ask but, did you remember to install the selector stop plate when you attatched the triggerguard/mag catch? I only ask because leaving it out would cause you mags to feed at an odd angle which might cause the problems that you're descibing.

ElCUBANO
11-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Plate is on used screws with nuts. Mags fit well the rounds just don't tilt up. At the range hand loaded one round in chamber and on in mag was able to fire both rounds second one fed ok but was unable to duplicate.

bigthaiboy
11-23-2007, 1:42 AM
What mags are you using? Are they the cra**y ones from Cheaper than Dirt, or Romanian / Chinese surplus magazines?

ElCUBANO
11-23-2007, 5:54 AM
I HAVE TRIED A PROMAX MAG AND A ONE OT CHINESE MAG. WISH I LIVED IN FREE AMERICA THAT WAY I COULD TRY AN ORIGINAL ROMY 3O. DOSE ANY ONE KNOW A GUNSMITH THAT CAN FIX THIS PROB IN THE BAY AREA.

DV8
11-23-2007, 6:19 AM
Got pics of the chamber with a loaded mag sitting in the magwell?

savageevo
11-23-2007, 4:49 PM
possible if you could take a pic of it. Im not getting what you are meaning to say/write.

PLINK
11-24-2007, 1:49 AM
Is the mag fully seated? Front of mag (the notch) hooked on rear of front trunnion, rear of mag is in latch (auditable click). Some of the NDS receivers are tight in the magwell area. There is usually a sharp point the drags on the mag. If you can see scratches on the sides of the mag, take a file and knock the point down. The mag should be able to go in and out pretty smooth with very little force, if any. Should also not be that loose.

Are the lower U-drives (ones visiable in the magwell) sticking out into the magwell?

I have no experience with U-drives, only screws and rivits.

I am not dumbing you down. Just trying to help.

A lot of people in CA have never even held an AK let alone build and fire one until recently.

ElCUBANO
11-24-2007, 5:14 AM
I used rivets in the mag well area and i had to work the area a little with the dermal to get the mag to fit smoothly. but it goes in and out easy and it is not loose. By the way have two I am building same prob I though it was just some prob I was not aware of with Roms.did not have this problem with my Yugo build.Anyone know a gunsmith I can take it to in the bay area. I will try to get some pics up this afternoon.

ElCUBANO
11-24-2007, 5:27 AM
Your not dumbing down this is a learning process for all of us. Thanks for the help.

wayoutwest
11-24-2007, 9:52 AM
Where exactly are you in the Bay area?

North
South
East
West

I would be surprised if a smith would work on it, most will think its illegal.

If you are near me I dont mind looking at it, although I am not a smith, I have built several, I could at least help troubleshoot

ElCUBANO
11-24-2007, 2:52 PM
I am in the east bay but I am will to travel to you and would appreciate any help.