PDA

View Full Version : Price of LOWER receivers

dondo
11-21-2007, 9:36 PM
Last year the price of lowers was going up and down like crazy. I had purchased a couple from CWS for somewhere in the 125 ballpark but in a day they would go up to 225 and then back down. Was this just a case of supply and demand? And maybe PIRATE can answer this, was the wholesale price jumping that sporadically? Just wondering. It was changing faster than Google stock.

!@#$
11-21-2007, 9:53 PM
supply and demand

Sam Hainn
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Last year the price of lowers was going up and down like crazy. I had purchased a couple from CWS for somewhere in the 125 ballpark but in a day they would go up to 225 and then back down. Was this just a case of supply and demand? And maybe PIRATE can answer this, was the wholesale price jumping that sporadically? Just wondering. It was changing faster than Google stock.

Depended on which ones you bought too. There were times the Megas were around $200 but the Doublestars were $99 . Rock River availability went up & down too. Stags went up after supplies were hard to get in 2/06 but now go for around $99.

J_Rock
11-21-2007, 10:36 PM
last I saw stag lowers were $160 at city arms...

bigkahuna04
11-21-2007, 11:02 PM
Last year, we all thought that we had a 'two week' time frame to purchase a lower before all these new OLL namebrands were going to be put on the list !! :eek:

bigthaiboy
11-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Also depends where the lowers are coming from. Several manufacturers will not sell directly to CA FFLs in fear and confusion of CA law / DoJ, so the lowers have to be obtained through a middleman eg. another out-of-state FFL, who in turn adds his/ her mark-up.

This also applies to Saigas and some AKs.

SFV_Dealer
11-22-2007, 1:42 PM
Very well put BIGTHAIBOY !

Yes most of the lowers come from 3rd party dealers. Manufacturers will not ship to CALI directly. Only Spikes Tactical and DCI NoDakSpud will...

That's why our Spikes are priced so low - $109 !

Our other lowers are much higher because they get a price bump from other dealers.
Just like our PS90, SIG 556, Thompson 1927, Robinson XCR, MP5, Vector/HK, rifles!
Remember, we are not in a free state!

So remember to support your local dealer - especially the ones that carry OLL receivers & rifles! Without them you can't get one!

philthy209
11-22-2007, 7:08 PM
i wish i could get any lower for $109 in nor cal. asside from hesse or vulcan i already made that mistake.if you know where put me down for two.:D

CavTrooper
11-22-2007, 8:38 PM
Its called the hucklebuck, or more commonly, price gouging. Dealers here in CA (especially ones that deal in OLLs or other nefarious arms) know they have the customer by the short and curlys so they can charge you whatever they want and chalk it up to any number of reasons for the extra costs.
Its damn near criminal and Id be willing to bet if anyone looked hard enough you might could find some RICO violations in there somewhere.
;) ( Im kidding, cmon!)

(sorta:eek:)