PDA

View Full Version : ERGO Vertical Forward Grip is shaky

ghettoshecky
11-21-2007, 1:48 AM
Does anyone else own a ERGO forward grip that shakes when mounted on a rail? Does anyone know if thats supposed to happen because it feels very loose.

eguns-com
11-21-2007, 1:54 AM
Does anyone else own a ERGO forward grip that shakes when mounted on a rail? Does anyone know if thats supposed to happen because it feels very loose.

Which Ergo is it? They have a whole bunch of different VFG that are rail mounted.

Chad

Nefarious
11-21-2007, 5:17 AM
My Tango Down is extreemly tight.. I have not yet been able to fully install it onto my rail. Ive read that others have had to file it down some to get things to work smooth.

What grip are you using

ghettoshecky
11-21-2007, 10:17 AM
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=316&zenid=8bc898e7fbcf4a1edc1c59aa8b2b9947

This is the exact same one I bought: ERGO Straight Broomhandle Vertical Forward Grip - BLK. It's loose and I don't like how it shakes so much.

ghettoshecky
11-21-2007, 11:18 AM
Even Falcon Ergo pistol grips can be a little wobbly. They're a great form factor for a grip, but that wobbling is one reason I went to Magpul MIADs on all my AR's.

With use, all the plastic (AKA polymer) VFG's I've tried have become loose over time due to heating by either the sun or firing. That's one reason they are typically tight to slip on the rail.

Does Magpul make forward grips? I don't know to much about them, but from what I know it seems they only make the main rear pistol grip. I tried googling them but could not find any forward grips. Perhaps you didn't realize I meant forward grip? :confused:

eguns-com
11-21-2007, 11:55 AM
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=316&zenid=8bc898e7fbcf4a1edc1c59aa8b2b9947

This is the exact same one I bought: ERGO Straight Broomhandle Vertical Forward Grip - BLK. It's loose and I don't like how it shakes so much.

Call Falcon Industries (who make the grip) and talk with them. The grip could be defective or not working right, or your rail could be slightly undersized. Their website, which should have the phone number, is www.ergogrips.net

I have not used any of their VFG but I have used the pistol grips a lot and contrary to others experiences, have never had one come loose myself or wobbly myself.

best
Chad