PDA

View Full Version : NBC KCRA in Sacramento Anti-Gun story tonight at 11pm

LECTRIKHED
11-20-2007, 9:48 PM
KCRA 3 is doing a special investigation on illegal guns in Sacramento. It will be aired tonight at 11pm. Although I have not seen it, I imagine it will be the typical anti-gun propaganda. Here is the description from their website.

Tonight at 11 on KCRA 3

Illegal guns flowing into our community. Where these guns are coming from. What law enforcement is doing about them. And the innocent victims caught in the middle of gun violence.

I think that everyone should be prepared to respond to this tomorrow morning. Please call into local radio shows as a follow up tomorrow morning.

bwiese
11-20-2007, 9:57 PM
Paging DrJonesUSA...

yellowfin
11-20-2007, 9:58 PM
Ah, so every other kind of violence isn't a problem, then. Wonderful! The only kind of violence is gun violence, right? Nothing to fear except that. We're totally immortal and cannot be killed by anything else if I understand that correctly. :rolleyes:

Markinsac
11-21-2007, 3:02 AM
I saw the story - it seems to focus on guns being bought in Reno without background checks, and then being brought down to Sacramento.

I recorded the news broadcast - I should be able to edit down to just the story and make an mpeg of it.

Crazed_SS
11-21-2007, 7:08 AM
There was a story about people bringing guns back from reno last year.

LECTRIKHED
11-21-2007, 8:15 AM
Ok they put it up on their website. It was not that bad. It just talked about gangs and criminals purchasing guns in Reno. Typical scare tactics, and shots of AK-47s. It actually did not seem like a Brady story, more of a pro ATF report. Nothing new, nothing that affects us since we are not gang members that buy their guns illegally out of state.

Here is a link where you can find their video.
http://www.kcra.com/video/index.html

johnny_22
11-21-2007, 8:16 AM
http://www.kcra.com/video/index.html

I liked the statement that even with "bullet case ID" [sic] (AB 1471), the crimes continue...

No mention that it doesn't start until 2010 (if then).

vikingshelmut
11-21-2007, 8:58 AM
The dramatic license and hyperbole in this makes me sick. Why can't any news organization approach gun rights without the proverbial "dead babies" discussion. These are always presented in one way, casting persons who believe in RKBA as ones who think the illegal acquisition of firearms is OK.

Hunter
11-21-2007, 9:19 AM
There was a story about people bringing guns back from reno last year.

Yep, a San Francisco bay area station did a piece on guns from Reno going to Richmond, CA gangs. This story here is essentially a knockoff of that earlier report but using Sacramento as the target area now.

Soldier415
11-21-2007, 9:21 AM
Illegal guns flowing into our community.

Those dang illegals, where is the border patrol?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Patriot
11-21-2007, 9:55 AM
When localized gun control fails, apparently it's in vogue to blame external laxity for the problem.

I've seen antis doing this with DC, Mexico, New York, etc.

LECTRIKHED
11-21-2007, 6:41 PM
The dramatic license and hyperbole in this makes me sick. Why can't any news organization approach gun rights without the proverbial "dead babies" discussion. These are always presented in one way, casting persons who believe in RKBA as ones who think the illegal acquisition of firearms is OK.

Every story that this news station does is in this style. It is really ridiculous how dramatic they are.

"Is your child's doctor a pedophile zombie cannibal. Our secret investigations reveals the answer but we won't tell now. Find out who will molest your children, next week at 11pm."

Toolbox X
11-21-2007, 8:31 PM
Personally I'm not a real big fan of felon criminal gang members being able to go to Reno and buy guns PPT without a background check.

RRangel
11-21-2007, 8:48 PM
Personally I'm not a real big fan of felon criminal gang members being able to go to Reno and buy guns PPT without a background check.

That would account for them buying almost anywhere in the free United States(outside the iron curtain). Since they're felons it's already illegal. The law failed so why would more laws stop it from happening? Why blame Reno?

That's where I see the problem. Somehow between there are here the propagandists with a victim disarmament slant want to close the gun show "loophole". That really means they want no private party sales within the United States. That's a disingenuous ploy to advance more gun control.

Gator Monroe
11-21-2007, 8:58 PM
What Gangs ? (As Gator cleans his AK over and over again in sleepy grafitti free Shasta County/Redding) :sleeping:

Toolbox X
11-21-2007, 9:00 PM
That would account for them buying almost anywhere in the free United States(outside the iron curtain). Since they're felons it's already illegal. The law failed so why would more laws stop it from happening? Why blame Reno?

That's where I see the problem. Somehow between there are here the propagandists with a victim disarmament slant want to close the gun show "loophole". That really means they want no private party sales within the United States. That's a disingenuous ploy to advance more gun control.

It's a tough, ugly issue, and I agree, it extends far beyond just Reno.

I'm not against PPT's, not at all. I'm against criminals being able to freely and easily break the law and buy guns using PPT's.

I think a good balance is a no waiting period (very cheap) instant background check at gunshows and police/sheriff stations, for all PPT's.

Trust me, I'm all about freedom and gun ownership. I just think we should do our diligence to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

RP1911
11-21-2007, 9:01 PM
The timing is interesting. The weekend of the 30th is the next Reno show.

Gator Monroe
11-21-2007, 9:25 PM
The timing is interesting. The weekend of the 30th is the next Reno show.

I'm Going either Friday or Sunday! :rolleyes:

artherd
11-21-2007, 10:15 PM

I'm less of a fan of the fact that joe and mary back home are prohibited from carrying a concealed weapon for their protection against said bangers!

RP1911
11-21-2007, 10:34 PM
I'll be there Friday. Have a bunch of stuff I will be trying to sell from a friend's table. He sells ammo (mostly reloads).

M. Sage
11-21-2007, 11:37 PM
It's a tough, ugly issue, and I agree, it extends far beyond just Reno.

I'm not against PPT's, not at all. I'm against criminals being able to freely and easily break the law and buy guns using PPT's.

I think a good balance is a no waiting period (very cheap) instant background check at gunshows and police/sheriff stations, for all PPT's.

Trust me, I'm all about freedom and gun ownership. I just think we should do our diligence to keep guns out of the hands of criminals.

Better balance: a criminal system that does a better job of keeping felons in prison. Maybe one that will either reform or punish effectively, so that if we do let them out, they won't want to screw up and go back again.

LECTRIKHED
11-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I think there should be an automatic time limit on felons not buying guns. For example, person was arrested and convicted of a felony in 1960. They have had no subsequent felony convictions. They should be allowed to purchase a gun for self defense. Maybe a 10 or 20 year limit on felons purchasing guns.

Gator Monroe
11-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I'll be there Friday. Have a bunch of stuff I will be trying to sell from a friend's table. He sells ammo (mostly reloads).

I have an original military 1911 (US) holster (Black leather & brass fittings) in Very Very good condition I will trade for a Ribbed AK/AKM dust(Top) Cover or some Argentine mauser ammo! and a WW2 TAN BRITISH ENFIELD RIFLE CASE (Canvas with built on pouch) and the larger belt ammo pouch of the same dated 1942 issue & color (Will not separate those) ...