PDA

View Full Version : Here comes the Brady Bunch . . .

spencerhut
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Just minutes ago, the U.S. Supreme Court decided to take what could be the most significant Second Amendment case in our country's history.

Thanks to your support, your Brady legal team had already begun preparing for this announcement, but now our lawyers have swung into high gear to prepare our "friend of the court" brief.

We have a tidal wave of work to do in the weeks ahead and we need your help now.

This fight is so critical that we need to raise $50,000 by November 30. And since your gift will be going to our Brady Gun Law Defense Fund, it will be fully tax deductible!

We need your help today to build a strong Brady Gun Law Defense Fund to protect America’s gun laws. Please give today.

Earlier this year, a U.S. Court of Appeals struck down a gun law as violating the Second Amendment for the first time in American history. We believe this decision was judicial activism at its worst and was clearly wrong.

This legal case at its very core is the most important battle we have ever waged. The U.S. Supreme Court has the chance to reverse a terribly erroneous decision and make it clear that the American people can adopt restrictions on firearms in their communities.

If the Supreme Court does not reverse the federal appeals court decision, gun laws everywhere could be at risk…

…from the long-standing machine gun ban…to the 1968 Gun Control Act…to the Brady background check law.

…to your local and state laws…like the ones in California and New Jersey banning military-style Assault Weapons… and many more.

If that happens, then your Brady Center will defend these laws in the courts as we have done so many times in the past against the attacks of the gun lobby. But now we must focus on the immediate challenge at hand as we prepare for the fight in the U.S. Supreme Court. Please give generously.

Sincerely,
Sarah's Signature (100x43)
Sarah Brady, Chair

P.S. I cannot stress how important your gift is to our Brady Gun Law Defense Fund. Please give a tax-deductible gift today.
:sleeping:

Charliegone
11-20-2007, 11:29 AM
They're crapping in their pants right now!!...oh yes.:D

PanzerAce
11-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Lol, I love how they have to beg for money.

dfletcher
11-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Tax deductible? Why so - aren't they a lobbying group just as the NRA?

Soldier415
11-20-2007, 11:50 AM

Standard anti-gun/Pelosi & Co hypocrisy.

Are you still surprised by it?

ldivinag
11-20-2007, 12:26 PM
since i'm on their mailing list, i'll donate a penny... lol...

MikeK
11-20-2007, 1:00 PM
Lol, I love how they have to beg for money.

You mean like every non-profit, PAC and politician in the country?

yellowfin
11-20-2007, 1:08 PM
If they send that letter with a postage paid envelope, tape it to a cinder block and send it back. Costs you $2 but costs them $75.

DedEye
11-20-2007, 1:27 PM

I was just about to ask the same question. If they're tax deductible, why isn't the NRA?

Can'thavenuthingood
11-20-2007, 1:34 PM
The opposite of this brady fund would be the NRA-ILA rather than just the NRA itself.
http://www.nraila.org/About/

In NRA Headquarters in Fairfax, Va., and in offices in Washington, D.C., and in Sacramento, Calif., the Institute employs a staff of more than 80, with a team of full-time lobbyists defending Second Amendment issues on Capitol Hill, in state legislatures and in local government bodies.
While NRA is a single-issue organization, the Institute is involved in any issue that directly or indirectly affects firearms ownership and use. These involve such topics as hunting and access to hunting lands, wilderness and wildlife conservation, civilian marksmanship training and ranges for public use, law enforcement-related issues, product liability, trapping, crime victim rights and criminal justice reform.

The contributions to the NRA-ILA are not tax deductible as are the brady's fund, why is that? https://secure.nraila.org/Contribute.aspx

Time to dig out the checkbook.

Vick

dwh100
11-20-2007, 7:02 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8T1IL100&show_article=1

falawful
11-20-2007, 7:07 PM
I might also recommend sending our friend Sarah things that have to be disposed of properly. Such as old tires. You have a 75 lb weight limit as I recall. If you can scan it (high res) I think copies will work at the post office too.

jumbopanda
11-21-2007, 9:25 AM
Yea I asked about why donations to the Brady Bunch are tax deductible a while ago, but don't remember getting a solid answer...

xbananax
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
If they send that letter with a postage paid envelope, tape it to a cinder block and send it back. Costs you $2 but costs them $75.

Brilliant! I will be doing this in the future on all annoying mail spam that applies. :43:

Theres no legal ramifications to doing this, right? :eek:

chris
11-21-2007, 5:07 PM
may SCOTUS rule in favor of the Second Amendment. may it read for it's true interpitation. That we have the RIGHT to own firearms.
I love it that they are crapping in their pants now!!!!!