PDA

View Full Version : SACRAMENTO AREA

hitman13
11-19-2007, 7:35 PM
going to be in sac on thursday (well, folsom actually) what are the OLL friend dealers in the area of sac or north of it? looking to check out an OLL and maybe an AK on Friday.

christmas shopping for yourself = FTW!!!!!!

762cavalier
11-19-2007, 7:46 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there are none in Sac that I know of.:(

IH8CALAWS
11-19-2007, 7:51 PM
call Sanoma Firearms, they are by appointment but he usualy stocks stag lowers and sometimes has others. He might have some fal's but he won't deal with ak's last time I asked.

natedogg1777
11-20-2007, 7:12 AM
I've heard that Sonoma sells OLLs...when I saw their tables at a gun show about a year ago they were really pushing the Vulcans though so I don't know if they're what you're looking for. Wild Sports has a great selection of rifles, but they won't touch an OLL with a ten foot pole. If you want to drive about an hour and a half, you can check out Hoffmeyer's in Grass Valley, he has a small display in his garage on his property...I know he usually stocks Superior and Stag lowers, give him a call first just to make sure he is there though!

vf111
11-20-2007, 8:06 AM
Try River City Gun Exchange on Fruitridge Road in Sac

http://www.rcgunex.com/

I was in there two weeks ago and they had some interesting items there. Call first as I believe they are moving this week into a bigger space.

Noypi916
11-20-2007, 8:11 AM
Try River City Gun Exchange on Fruitridge Road in Sac

http://www.rcgunex.com/

I was in there two weeks ago and they had a built-up OLL AR, DSA CaliFAL, and some others I don't remember. Call first as I believe they are moving this week into a bigger space.

River City is not carrying OLL but they do have some Bushmaster upper for sale.

supersonic
11-20-2007, 11:11 AM
River City is not carrying OLL but they do have some Bushmaster upper for sale.

They will ONLY deal with DOJ-approved AR's-Bushmaster Carbon 15's & the worst of them all: VULCAN (stay away from Vulcan like you would Cancer / and Carbon 15's are alright if you don't mind sealed magwells + toploading every 10 rounds, + reports of KB's have been coming in regularly - so you might want to steer clear of the Bushy, too!) RCGE is definitely not going to serve your EBR needs anytime in the (probably distant/permanent) future. Concerning California-legal AR's & AK's, the scare tactics of the DOJ have gotten to them , therefore their comfort level regarding these things is just not not going to budge-which is their right as a California gun dealer (even so, I'm pretty disappointed-FUDD won this time). For everything else, (except reloading products-which they don't do) they are pretty much the best in Sac. PM me for the Sac OLL-friendly FFL's, there are a lot more shops doing it now after being educated on the subject & realizing that legal = legal. Peace.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
11-20-2007, 1:19 PM
There's a Gun shop at Alburn Bl & Fulton that have AR's-Bushmaster Carbon 15's. I don't remember the name it's changed a few time over the years.

JHC
11-20-2007, 3:57 PM
There's a Gun shop at Alburn Bl & Fulton that have AR's-Bushmaster Carbon 15's. I don't remember the name it's changed a few time over the years.

It's Auburn and Watt, and they left town, they moved to Redding

IH8CALAWS
11-20-2007, 5:11 PM
I've heard that Sonoma sells OLLs...when I saw their tables at a gun show about a year ago they were really pushing the Vulcans though so I don't know if they're what you're looking for. Wild Sports has a great selection of rifles, but they won't touch an OLL with a ten foot pole. If you want to drive about an hour and a half, you can check out Hoffmeyer's in Grass Valley, he has a small display in his garage on his property...I know he usually stocks Superior and Stag lowers, give him a call first just to make sure he is there though!

He does sell vulcans but he also alwaays stocks stags and usualy one other brand that always varries. I did not mention the vulcans because I don't consider them when thinking of oll's, they're just junk.

JWNathan
11-20-2007, 5:43 PM
John at Sonoma Firearms also has RRA and maybe CMMG lowers if I remember correctly.
-Jesse

hitman13
11-20-2007, 6:13 PM
It's Auburn and Watt, and they left town, they moved to Redding

guess that is great outdoors then? nice place up in redding, bought a pistol today. no OLL luck though

Vepr62
11-21-2007, 5:59 AM
Yes, it was the Great Outdoors. Was an OK store. And now we don't have that many gun stores in Sacramento. But they were not OLL friendly anyways.
Vasiliy

JHC
11-21-2007, 12:22 PM
We had 2 store close and 1 move outside of the city when they passed the ammo restriction law. What ever happened with that anyway? I havn't heard any more about it.

packnrat
08-18-2008, 10:19 PM
He does sell vulcans but he also alwaays stocks stags and usualy one other brand that always varries. I did not mention the vulcans because I don't consider them when thinking of oll's, they're just junk.

yes i admit i own a vulcan, no problems with it, works great. not a pile of.
sure in factory trim you got to open it up. but then this is ca.

and yes i do own a number of oll...now.

we need a oll dealer in the valley. it costs way to much in fuel to drive in to the bay area.
and the traffic s.
as we must burn twice the fuel to prove we have cooled off.

jb7706
08-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but there are none in Sac that I know of.:(

The search button will provide at least 3 OLL friendly FFL's in the area, including one in the Marconi curve area. That is not a bunch of "BS." :)

08-18-2008, 11:17 PM
I didn't know there were FFLs in Folsom. You could probably pick a shank up pretty cheap.:D

zcktomcat
08-18-2008, 11:20 PM
They will ONLY deal with DOJ-approved AR's-Bushmaster Carbon 15's & the worst of them all: VULCAN (stay away from Vulcan like you would Cancer / and Carbon 15's are alright if you don't mind sealed magwells + toploading every 10 rounds, + reports of KB's have been coming in regularly - so you might want to steer clear of the Bushy, too!) RCGE is definitely not going to serve your EBR needs anytime in the (probably distant/permanent) future. Concerning California-legal AR's & AK's, the scare tactics of the DOJ have gotten to them , therefore their comfort level regarding these things is just not not going to budge-which is their right as a California gun dealer (even so, I'm pretty disappointed-FUDD won this time). For everything else, (except reloading products-which they don't do) they are pretty much the best in Sac. PM me for the Sac OLL-friendly FFL's, there are a lot more shops doing it now after being educated on the subject & realizing that legal = legal. Peace.

Actually when I was there a week ago they were selling featureless rifles with monster man grips.

jksupplyco
08-19-2008, 8:23 AM
PM'S Sent:gunsmilie::44::2guns:

emc002
08-19-2008, 9:56 AM
JK SupplyCo is very close to Sac.

ETA: Doh! Beat me to it!

supersonic
08-19-2008, 11:08 AM
Actually when I was there a week ago they were selling featureless rifles with monster man grips.

Look at the date of my post.;)

truthseeker
08-19-2008, 1:17 PM
Best place is JK Supply or the Classifieds on HERE!

rangertmldr
08-21-2008, 6:43 PM
badger Johns is still open... only selling Carbon15's though.

technique
08-21-2008, 6:46 PM
badger Johns is still open... only selling Carbon15's though.

I was just at Badger Johns today, I didn't see them display anything that remotely resembled a carbon 15 or AR anything. I may ask them tomorrow though.

Darklyte27
08-21-2008, 8:49 PM
I lived in Folsom, I dont recall there being any. Sac has a guy, goto gunbroker, search 95825 zip, should be the first guy.