PDA

View Full Version : Nevada CCW

6172crew
11-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Well I took the 8hr CCW class in Reno and found that its legal to pack a loaded pistol in your car concealed but if your planning on doing the same thing with a long gun don't have a round in the chamber.:cool:

So when your in NV its ok to CCW in your car, you dont have to tell the LE unless he asks, the class is easy and the cost for everything is around $200, $90 for the class and $100 for the LEO sign off.:)

E Pluribus Unum
11-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Well I took the 8hr CCW class in Reno and found that its legal to pack a loaded pistol in your car concealed but if your planning on doing the same thing with a long gun don't have a round in the chamber.:cool:

So when your in NV its ok to CCW in your car, you dont have to tell the LE unless he asks, the class is easy and the cost for everything is around $200, $90 for the class and $100 for the LEO sign off.:)

Be careful giving legal advice.

If you do this in North Las Vegas you will probably go to jail.

In NLV one must register the firearm with the sherrif department within a few days of arriving as well.

bwiese
11-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Hah, NLV sucks anyway.

The advice about no CCW needed for vehicle transport is valid, and there is an opinion letter from NV AG Frankie Sue Del Papa supporting this position (well, that the gun ain't concealed unless it's on the person).

It appears that the pistol should not be touching the driver (or passenger) when being transported in the car - glove box, under or between the seats, etc. is fine.

The moment I cross the NV border I unlock the pistol and jam a mag in.

draconianruler
11-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Doesn't the Utah CCW permit cover NV now? Is there an advantage by taking just the NV CCW course?

tango-52
11-19-2007, 7:05 AM
Utah CCW is now accepted by Nevada and after January 1, 2008 you won't need to deal with the blue cards in Las Vegas unless you are there for an extended period of time.

ldivinag
11-19-2007, 11:05 AM
what's the deal with blue cards in vegas?

i'm there once a year for about 4 days...

tango-52
11-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Vegas police currently require that anyone ccwing has to come to the station and have their firearms registered. You are given a blue card for each carry weapon. You are required to have those cards with you while carrying. There are other threads here that have more details, but that is the basics. It will all go away on 1-1-08 for visitors staying less than 60 days.

JALLEN
11-19-2007, 1:33 PM
Vegas police currently require that anyone ccwing has to come to the station and have their firearms registered. You are given a blue card for each carry weapon. You are required to have those cards with you while carrying. There are other threads here that have more details, but that is the basics. It will all go away on 1-1-08 for visitors staying less than 60 days.

I assume you mean for visitors who have qualifying CCW from home or somewhere that Nevada recognizes. Utah, CA, and who else?

RRangel
11-19-2007, 2:25 PM

Sheesh, where do they think they are, California?

gbran
11-19-2007, 6:56 PM
My dad lives in Reno. I live in CA and have a ccw. When I visit him, it's nice to be able to keep my loaded gun in the truck while driving there. I thought about getting a non-res NV permit, but decided against because of being able to conceal in a vehicle there.

ccwguy
11-19-2007, 7:14 PM
I assume you mean for visitors who have qualifying CCW from home or somewhere that Nevada recognizes. Utah, CA, and who else?

California ccws are not recognized in Nevada.

6172crew
11-20-2007, 8:36 AM
Be careful giving legal advice.

If you do this in North Las Vegas you will probably go to jail.

In NLV one must register the firearm with the sherrif department within a few days of arriving as well.

Sorry, I didnt answer right away on this one. Only the state can make laws and state law trumps any local laws. NV law makers get together 2 times a year so you dont see alot of new laws like you do in CA. Unlike CA the laws are written in English and can be understood by the citizens.:)