PDA

View Full Version : New PSA from Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence

Steyr_223
11-17-2007, 11:09 PM
It's called "Goodbye". "Every Day More Then 80 Americans Are Killed By Gunfire. None Of Them Get To Say Goodbye"

LOL! Lame..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xHNwKGiZPCE

Channel Icon

Subscribe
Unsubscribe
Videos: 3

About This Video
This is my third commercial for school. Its for... (more)
Added: November 15, 2007
This is my third commercial for school. Its for the prevention of gun violence in America. Also the first piece I had to actually get in front of the camera...eek!
Art Director & Editor: Raquel Gimenez
Art Director: Brook Miller
Copywriter: James Wood
Copywriter: Jake Dubs (less)
Category: Education
Tags: Adcenter Guns Violence

tman
11-18-2007, 8:13 AM
It's called "Goodbye". "Every Day More Then 80 Americans Are Killed By Gunfire. None Of Them Get To Say Goodbye"

LOL! Lame..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xHNwKGiZPCE

Channel Icon

Subscribe
Unsubscribe
Videos: 3

About This Video
This is my third commercial for school. Its for... (more)
This is my third commercial for school. Its for the prevention of gun violence in America. Also the first piece I had to actually get in front of the camera...eek!
Art Director & Editor: Raquel Gimenez
Art Director: Brook Miller
Copywriter: James Wood
Copywriter: Jake Dubs (less)
Category: Education
Tags: Adcenter Guns Violence

If I watch it I'll just get angry. Does it mention that most of not all of those 80 people are probably criminals/gang members? Didn't think so.

DedEye
11-18-2007, 8:58 AM
I don't get it, did they actually air this or was only her student project

CCWFacts
11-18-2007, 11:34 AM
If I watch it I'll just get angry. Does it mention that most of not all of those 80 people are probably criminals/gang members? Didn't think so.

That's the thing, deaths need to be divided into "lamentable" vs "non-lamentable". Of those 80 deaths, most are not lamentable. It is tragic when a youth makes a decision to join a gang or embrace a criminal life. It is not tragic when a gang member or a criminal gets the result that comes from that decision.

And of those deaths, let's we could cast a magic spell and make every gun not in the hands of a LEO disappear from the US. Would those 80 murders not happen? No way. They would use other weapons. They would steal guns from LEOs. Etc.

So those 80 deaths are mostly not lamentable, and a total disappearance of guns wouldn't prevent many of them anyway.

subdjoe
11-18-2007, 12:16 PM
I left a comment. Went back to show the vid to someone else and it looks like the person who posted is deleting all comments. Or at least those that disagree. She posted something like People, I respect your point of view. Chill out on the comments. An assignment is an assignment.
I plan to go back several times to leave more comments a couple of times a day for the next few days.

N6ATF
11-18-2007, 12:38 PM
None of them get to say goodbye

Bullcrap. That gives the impression that whoever wrote the title thinks that all eventually fatal gunshot wounds cause immediate inability to speak, unconsciousness or death.

Steyr_223
11-18-2007, 6:43 PM
Wow, every comment keeps getting deleted on the video!

When you can't defend your premise, just delete all the comments.

yellowfin
11-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Wow, I just posted two and they instantly disappeared...such is liberalism. Of course it is impossible to defend the indefensible.

subdjoe
11-19-2007, 4:38 PM
I just now went back to check. Wonder of wonders, there were some comments up for an indicated 5 hours. Bet it won't last.

Steyr_223
11-19-2007, 7:30 PM
Just checked..

"Adding comments has been disabled for this video."

Victory!

:)

RRangel
11-19-2007, 9:18 PM
You know I really don't care if adcenter claims they don't have a position, it's just an art project yada yada. As far as I'm concerned you're espousing it when you create this garbage. That shill organization should never get a break from Americans who value their rights.

Knauga
11-19-2007, 9:44 PM
That's the thing, deaths need to be divided into "lamentable" vs "non-lamentable".

Lamentable and Commendable ;)

johnny_22
11-20-2007, 6:54 AM
Where is the pro NRA video mentioned in the description? Theoretically there shoud be multiple pro-Brady and pro-NRA videos posted if this was a class assignment.

DedEye
11-20-2007, 7:08 AM
Bwahaha, they disabled comments for their video.

ETA: Just saw Steyr beat me to it :o.

Bizcuits
11-20-2007, 7:58 AM
Since commenting has been disabled, now it's time to flag the video every 12 hours and send my comments to her personally! Until the video is removed.

DedEye
11-20-2007, 8:37 AM
Post some video responses to it as well.

6172crew
11-20-2007, 8:47 AM
LOL, Im glad Im on the same side as you guys.:D

yellowfin
11-20-2007, 12:14 PM
I flagged it for "Shocking and Disgusting Content." It is shocking and disgusting to me!