PDA

View Full Version : AK47, chrome lined barrel ?

Fast Eddie
11-17-2007, 3:33 PM
I was in the market for a Vector Arms AK47. Atlantic Firearms Vectors come with chrome lined barrels, unfortunately through my searches and a confirming email from them, they will not ship to CA.:mad:

Lan World has Vectors that have the option to get a chrome lined barrel for $25 extra. What are the advantages of having a chrome lined barrel and is it worth the extra dough to get that option.

Thanks for any help.

Ak47owner
11-17-2007, 3:45 PM
chrome lined barrels and chambers are alot easier to clean it only takes me 2 patches before it is clean. also chrome lined chambers are a very good way to improve relibility of the rifle they learned this in veitnem with the m-16a1 rifle that jamed constantly until the m-16a2 rifle came out that had the chrome lined barrel and the case jamming issue was solved

none chrome lined barrels take about 12 patches to clean and the SOME TIMES have the rep to cause a weapon malfunction

DoctorCheney223
11-17-2007, 5:09 PM
Another concern is that chrome-line barrels and gas pistons resist corrosion. The chances are pretty good that corrosive ammo will be available again in future surplus imports. The Yugoslovian and Albanian 7.62 brass-cased ammo that was available last year was corrosive.

thanks,
Ron

Fast Eddie
11-17-2007, 5:16 PM
Thanks for the replies, looks like chrome lined is the way to go.

savageevo
11-17-2007, 5:30 PM
most of the kits (romanian) that they use to make there own rifles has the chrome line barrels already. Instead of buying from them, why don't you support the vendors that support us. DDs, CWS, or support our locals to build you one. Trust me, the cali buildrs do a far superior job making these rifles than the mass producers.

Fast Eddie
11-17-2007, 6:05 PM
most of the kits (romanian) that they use to make there own rifles has the chrome line barrels already. Instead of buying from them, why don't you support the vendors that support us. DDs, CWS, or support our locals to build you one. Trust me, the cali buildrs do a far superior job making these rifles than the mass producers.
I really didn't want a WASR and wasn't aware CWS or DD's had anything other than WASR's that would be able to ship to Cali, btw, I have bought all of my AR stuff from CWS.
I'm going to look into James Maddox building me a rifle after reading some of your other posts.