PDA

View Full Version : We need to be this proactive

Piper
11-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Illinois Counties Supporting the Second Amendment!

Friday, November 16, 2007

There is a growing movement to support the Second Amendment in Illinois at the county level, which has been advancing for many months. Currently, 60 of the 102 counties in Illinois have passed resolutions expressing support of the individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms that is guaranteed by the Second Amendment.

In general, these resolutions proclaim support of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, and opposition to efforts to restrict that right that have been proposed in the Illinois General Assembly. While these resolutions are mostly symbolic, they should be noted by state lawmakers in Springfield. Clearly, the majority of elected officials at the county level, as well as their constituents, support law-abiding gun owners, even if the leaders of certain influential counties, such as Cook County, may wish to see infringements on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms continued, or extended, throughout all of Illinois.

For more information on this effort, go to http://www.pro2aresolution.com/.

berto
11-17-2007, 12:32 PM
Good for them.

Not gonna happen in the soccer mom meets urban blight county where I live.

bwiese
11-17-2007, 1:41 PM
Bwaah. WTF good does a 'resolution' do?

Piper
11-17-2007, 1:49 PM

I think it's kinda like the Declaration of Independence, so long as the resolution is backed by political action. Illinois counties are walking the walk while they talk the talk. I have no doubt that Illinois will have shall issue long before California.

Late entry: I think Illinois counties are at least on the offense against the anti's while we continue to remain on defense and that's why I think Illinois will surpass our attempts to change draconian gunlaws. But I suppose only time will tell if I'm right or wrong.

kermit315
11-17-2007, 3:21 PM
realistically, it is mostly the counties versus chicago, and chicago has more political backing via poplulation.

cant wait for it to happen, along with FOID being abolished.

C.G.
11-17-2007, 6:11 PM

Makes Santa Cruz a nuclear free zone!:smilielol5:

dustoff31
11-17-2007, 7:08 PM

Don't know if it's related to this or not, but got an email from Century Arms the other day saying they were resuming ammo shipments to IL.

Piper
11-17-2007, 7:15 PM
Originally Posted by bwiese

Don't know if it's related to this or not, but got an email from Century Arms the other day saying they were resuming ammo shipments to IL.

Souds like a good start to me.

anotherone
11-17-2007, 7:18 PM
How should we be proactive in California?

Proactive in the sense we should do something to prevent them from passing sweeping bans on semi-auto rifles and shotguns?

Proactive in the sense we should do something to prevent them from passing a blanket ban on Semi-auto handguns?

Proactive time is over, they have banned everything but hunting shotguns and revolvers. Now is the time to start being reactive.

MedSpec65
11-17-2007, 7:46 PM
California shares political inequality with Illinois because of urban domination and voting districts favoring the Democrat Party. There is a petition circulating now in CA that would abolish delivering all 55 electoral votes to the Democrats as usual, but I doubt it will get enough signers to get on the ballot. I got a copy of it in the mail from the State GOP, but haven't seen or heard anything about it anywhere. Most CA Counties are colored red, like Illinois, but the urban counties have all the population. It appears CA Republicans have pretty much exhausted their efforts to combat gerrymandering of voter districts here, but it's not for lack of trying. Illinois might have an easier time organizing rural voters to challenge the dominance of the Chicago metro area. Chicago is huge, but not as big as The SF Bay Area & The Greater LA Area combined. The problem is the Democrat machine in Chicago. It's a real monster.

dondo
11-17-2007, 8:14 PM
Proactive time is over, they have banned everything but hunting shotguns and revolvers.

They did? That one flew under the radar.

hoffmang
11-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Heh. We're proactive in California... We just don't talk about it until its done...

-Gene

subdjoe
11-18-2007, 1:05 PM
How should we be proactive in California?

Proactive in the sense we should do something to prevent them from passing sweeping bans on semi-auto rifles and shotguns?

Proactive in the sense we should do something to prevent them from passing a blanket ban on Semi-auto handguns?

Proactive time is over, they have banned everything but hunting shotguns and revolvers. Now is the time to start being reactive.

No, we don't want to be "reactive." That means that the powerful anti-civil rights lobby has the initiative. We need to be active, and make them react to us.

How can we be active? We ALL get off our collective butts and every week call, write or email our members of the Assembly, State Senate, House of Representatives, and US Senate. Every week. ALL of us. If in every district just 15,000 concerned gun owners made just one 3 minute call a week to their assemblyman (or other capon) that would take about 750 man hours/week to deal with the calls. Just our calls. It adds up quickly. To make the 5 calls a week that I mentioned above takes less than half an hour a week. Be polite, be firm, be accurate.But make the calls and write the letters.

We also need to support all shooting sports. And support other outdoor sports, and get the people in those sports to support us.