PDA

View Full Version : FAB 10 to OLL

sac2580
11-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Hi guys, I am a new member to this forum but have been reading posts here occasionally.

I recently heard about this OLL stuff. I have an AR with the FAB 10 that i built a couple years ago. I would like to remove the FAB 10 and use the OLL with bullet button configuration instead.

Even though i put together the FAB 10 AR myself I am still kinda a newbie. Can someone guide me on how to do this. Starting from where can I purchase a OLL (i live in the sacramento area). I also want to put together a california legal AK.

would appreciate it if someone can help me out(pm or otherways)
thanks

tenpercentfirearms
11-17-2007, 5:27 AM
Just go buy an OLL. Any OLL will do. If you still have your parts kit from when you built the FAB-10, then you just need a Bullet Button and a 10 round magazine. If you don't have all the lower parts, then you will need an LPK as well. It really is that easy.

I also happen to trade guys straight across the board your FAB-10 for any of my OLLs. I also have all the other parts you need.

Diablo
11-17-2007, 9:20 AM
Hey Wes, just curious. Why do you do that. If you can't say it here, I'll understand.....:12:

tenpercentfirearms
11-17-2007, 3:34 PM
I use FAB-10s as floor models and I also sell them. There are still people out there that want FAB-10s and the ones that do will pay a nice chunk of change for them.

To those of us with OLLs, they are nearly worthless.

jandmtv
11-17-2007, 5:03 PM
Deleted

damon1272
11-17-2007, 8:36 PM
The Fab 10's are good if you are going to use it for hunting. As it is a fixed magazine even the lamest game warden will not bother you if you are out hunting with it. They might get pissy if you are walking around with a 10/30 mag.

Gunner1
11-17-2007, 8:51 PM
Wes treated me well, I traded him my Fab10 lower for a bolt and bolt carrier. He is one of the really good guys out there.

Gunner

C.G.
11-17-2007, 9:24 PM
The Fab 10's are good if you are going to use it for hunting.

Or mating them with a .338 Lapua Magnum bolt action upper.:)

tenpercentfirearms
11-18-2007, 6:52 AM
The Fab 10's are good if you are going to use it for hunting. As it is a fixed magazine even the lamest game warden will not bother you if you are out hunting with it. They might get pissy if you are walking around with a 10/30 mag.

I agree and disagree. For legality's sake, the FAB-10 might appear more legal to a game warden.

For practicallity, it sucks having to take your ammo out of your FAB-10 in between every call or shoot. That is why I disasembled my one remaining personal FAB-10 and put those parts on a Spike's Tactical Infidel lower with a Bullet Button and use that as my coyote rifle. Much easier to unload and reload while out in the field.

sac2580
11-18-2007, 10:23 PM
thanks for the help guys.

I found a guide on ar15.com on how to put together the AR, some questions I still have are regarding the AR:

1. Which is a good OLL and bullet button to buy. A internet link or sacramento shop location would be nice?
2. Who is a OLL friendly dealer (in sacramento area) that i can transfer to?

Regarding the AK, I have no idea how to do that build. Is there some sort of guide out there like the one for AR's on AR15 forum?

Also can anyone give me a link or sac area shop which sells the AK OLL and parts kit?

sorry for all the questions, like i said before im a newbie lol :p and I would like to get this done before they are banned or something like that lol

tenpercentfirearms
11-19-2007, 5:50 AM
Avoid Vulcan for sure and I would rather not have a Superior or a Essential Arms myself, but other than that, what ever you want. I would just get an original Bullet Button like I sell.

I have everything you need and a transfer FFL up in Sacramento. E-mail me for more details. I even have Saiga's too, which are not exactly AK47s, but a good start for a good price.