PDA

View Full Version : Need a ar15 gunsmith...try AR15Barrels.com!!!

Mr. Ed
11-16-2007, 6:50 PM
I have an existing ar upper with barrel that I want adjusted. I also have a stripped upper that I want built. Anyone know of a gunsmith that I can drive to and have the work done?

Update:

I just got some work done on my ar upper and Randall at AR15Barrels.com did an awesome job. He completed the job quickly and it looks awesome. He re-contoured my heavy barrel to a lightweight one. He also threaded the barrel for muzzle attachments. I can't wait to shoot it. I post pics later.

Thanks AR15Barrels.com!

ocabj
11-16-2007, 6:55 PM
Perhaps, http://www.ar15barrels.com

Mr. Ed
11-17-2007, 2:48 PM
Does Randy accept drop-offs and pick-ups? I live in the SoCal area and don't want to ship. And, I can't get a hold of Randy. Does anybody know if he accepts drop-offs?

isitkool
11-17-2007, 3:58 PM
Send him a PM. When he assembled my upper, I stuck around to watch and learned alot. I think he mentioned that if he does any work with the lower, you have to be there while he does the work.

Prc329
11-17-2007, 6:51 PM
He has no FFL so if it is a controlled part (lower, complete rifle, bolt rifle, etc) you need to stay there while he does the work. You will learn a lot and he is eager to share info when you come to his shop. May be worth your while to head over.

PistolPete75
11-17-2007, 7:23 PM
yep use ar15barrels. nice guy, good gunsmithing, fair prices.

Mr. Ed
11-17-2007, 9:03 PM
He has no FFL so if it is a controlled part (lower, complete rifle, bolt rifle, etc) you need to stay there while he does the work. You will learn a lot and he is eager to share info when you come to his shop. May be worth your while to head over.

I really really want to head over there and get work done, but I have been unable to get a hold of him...nor do I know where he's located. I would love to make an appointment and go over there.

If anybody knows him, could you please ask him to PM me or email. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

ar15barrels
11-17-2007, 11:38 PM
I was out in the shop most of the day today and then I ran out to the IE to check-in on my grandmother and take her shopping.
Today was crazy.
At one point, there were 3 seperate groups of people waiting to be helped.
Note to self, spread out the appointments better!

PM here is the best way to reach me.
I'll be around sunday afternoon.

Mr. Ed
11-18-2007, 12:00 PM
Awesome!!! PM sent.

Mr. Ed
11-25-2007, 7:20 PM
Randall at AR15Barrels.com helped me put together my upper receiver along with other gunsmithing needs. He did an awesome try...a big +1.

I will definitely use Ar15barrels.com again....once I save a little more money.

Thanks Randall.

chunger
12-02-2007, 9:34 PM
Randall saved me big time w/ opening up the gas port on a new build I did that was short stroking. I didn't have tools or gauges to perform the operation, and he did a rush job for me even though I live in Norcal.

1 day turn-around. I sent upper to him overnight, he performed work in the PM, I met him on my way to Nevada for shooting school the next day in Socal. Rifle functioned great on its 1st trip.

Highly recommended!