PDA

View Full Version : NorCal ranges that allow rapidfire?

TurboFall
11-16-2007, 6:21 PM
What ranges in norcal allow rapidfiring? I know Jacksons used to, but my brother told me some idiot took a rifle and turned the roof to swiss cheese, resulting in no more rapidfiring :(

Are there any other ranges in NorCal that allows rapidfiring, including rifles? Preferably close to Oakland :D

Wyatt
11-16-2007, 6:30 PM
I haven't been in a while but Los Altos Rod and Gun in the Santa Cruz mountains used to have a tin can 50yrd rang that allowed rapid fire. Not sure if they still do.

chunger
11-16-2007, 6:54 PM
Find out where the local IPSC people play and get into that game. You're main problem will be cost of ammunition as it all dissappears rapidly down the barrel.

Hotshots in Richmond:

http://www.richmondhotshots.com/

TASC at Chabot Rod and Gun Club:

http://tasc-ipsc.org/

Lon Moer
11-16-2007, 10:22 PM
I haven't been in a while but Los Altos Rod and Gun in the Santa Cruz mountains used to have a tin can 50yrd rang that allowed rapid fire. Not sure if they still do.
Only with .22lr.

myar15
11-16-2007, 10:36 PM
rapidfiring, in CA :eek: ??? if u find a place please let me know..... thats what we all need a .22lr build for, still contemplating tho..... is it really worth spending $700 for a penner caliber?? u could get a nice fluted supper accurate barrel for that.......

i thought rapid fire in cali is a NO NO, heck man WE ONLY GOT 10 ROUND MAGS!!!!! rapid fire?? u mean 2 seconds and $5 later????

TopGun2000
11-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Only with .22lr.

affirmative

Franksremote
11-17-2007, 12:33 AM
Find out where the local IPSC people play and get into that game. You're main problem will be cost of ammunition as it all dissappears rapidly down the barrel.

Hotshots in Richmond:

http://www.richmondhotshots.com/

TASC at Chabot Rod and Gun Club:

http://tasc-ipsc.org/

+1 both allow rapid fire on the IPSC/USPSA ranges; actually folks'll snicker at you if you shoot too slow :p

ryang
11-17-2007, 1:42 PM
Reed's Indoor Range will allow controlled pairs/draw from holster if you take their pistol class first.

DedEye
11-18-2007, 2:35 AM
rapidfiring, in CA :eek: ??? if u find a place please let me know..... thats what we all need a .22lr build for, still contemplating tho..... is it really worth spending $700 for a penner caliber?? u could get a nice fluted supper accurate barrel for that.......

i thought rapid fire in cali is a NO NO, heck man WE ONLY GOT 10 ROUND MAGS!!!!! rapid fire?? u mean 2 seconds and $5 later????

Some of us have more than 10 round mags.

I'm interested to see if I can bump fire my .22 upper when it arrives, as it'd certainly be cheaper than bump firing .223 :43:.

SunriseF150
11-18-2007, 9:29 AM
Come out to my neck of the woods. Yeah and I do mean woods. hehehe

Max-the-Silent
11-18-2007, 9:34 AM
What ranges in norcal allow rapidfiring? I know Jacksons used to, but my brother told me some idiot took a rifle and turned the roof to swiss cheese, resulting in no more rapidfiring :(

Are there any other ranges in NorCal that allows rapidfiring, including rifles? Preferably close to Oakland :D

At Jackson Arms, if you demonstrate over a period of time that you are a competent shooter, they'll allow you to "rapid-fire" with the understanding that if you damage it (anything) you'll pay for it.

TurboFall
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
At Jackson Arms, if you demonstrate over a period of time that you are a competent shooter, they'll allow you to "rapid-fire" with the understanding that if you damage it (anything) you'll pay for it.

Oh, cool. I'm actually still at college, and I heard they blocked rifle rapidfiring entirely. There's still hope then :D

Solidmch
11-18-2007, 3:34 PM
affirmative

yep

metalhead357
11-18-2007, 4:07 PM
Come out to my neck of the woods. Yeah and I do mean woods. hehehe

+100000 to that one. And a lot less chance of clownege around you;)

MidnightSon117
11-26-2007, 6:38 PM

Rapid fire only on large targets, meaning controlled rapid-fire. Any shots outside of the bowling pin or the 8-ring on a large target, and it's a no-no.

Double and triple-taps only on medium targets. No rapid-fire on small targets.

SuperSet
11-26-2007, 6:56 PM
I think they lifted their requirement for a personal reference to join the club so Scotts Valley Sportsman Club is a good bet.

metalhead357
11-26-2007, 7:45 PM
Rapid fire only on large targets, meaning controlled rapid-fire. Any shots outside of the bowling pin or the 8-ring on a large target, and it's a no-no.

Double and triple-taps only on medium targets. No rapid-fire on small targets.

Midnight...in regards to your PM- the range I'm talking about on THIS thread is NFS land, BLM, and private property.