PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the new Futureweapons with the new Army KAC SR-25 Rifle?

BlackReef
11-15-2007, 8:12 PM
Just watched the new Futureweapons and they had a special on the new Army KAC SR-Series rifle. As far as I know, its basically an Suppressed AR-10 with FF Rails. Very cool though.

It was in HD too =)

Walking Fire
11-15-2007, 8:15 PM
I think you are right about the platform, He was on target every shot. I dont know what the distance was though,

Prc329
11-15-2007, 8:22 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=75404

Kiba
11-15-2007, 8:23 PM
A good friend has an SR-25 Lightweight Match. Great rifle, extremely accurate. The only problem is that his lightweight match version gives up a few FPS with the shorter 20" barrel and it's really noticeable at 550+ yards, it starts dropping quick! He's taken it pig hunting a few times.

Wish I could have bought one while I could (rather, I wish I was interested in guns when I could have bought one.) Great rifle. The fit & finish is excellent as is the accuracy.

However, Stoner isn't very friendly to people who don't have an email address that ends in .mil; when he broke an extractor last year they told him he had to send the entire rifle back in and it was going to be $350. :eek:

He finally conned them out of one and changed it himself but it took a looooong time to get them to help him. Now that Knights is supplying more of them to the military they are even harder to get support from you're a civvy.

Oh... and then there is the cost of magazines.

I'll have to settle for a DPMS or similar substitute instead.

Lon Moer
11-15-2007, 8:27 PM
At the beginning of that show, Baldo the Wonder Seal was shooting the LWRC guns. http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4084/arsimlygo2.gif

Timberland
11-15-2007, 11:05 PM
At the beginning of that show, Baldo the Wonder Seal was shooting the LWRC guns. http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/4084/arsimlygo2.gif

His demonstration of how water worked had me cracking up. They should use that clip for comercials.

O and what was with the open bolt M4? How does that compare to a SAW?

J_Rock
11-16-2007, 12:10 AM
His demonstration of how water worked had me cracking up. They should use that clip for comercials.

O and what was with the open bolt M4? How does that compare to a SAW?

It doesnt have anywhere the same sustained fire capabilities of SAW.

50 Freak
11-16-2007, 3:00 AM
Other than an open bolt, I don't see the difference between that and a regular M4 or better yet a piston upper M4.

Sometimes futureweapons is such a waste of time.

davedog665
11-16-2007, 10:32 PM
sweet i just watch the show... i was thinkin the same how does a basic idential version of the m4 match up to a saw has 30 round mags at a couple S's a piece then a mag change sounds like a new upgrade to the m4 not a replacement to the saw. and the new sniper rifle did look exactly like an ar-10 with a ff. although futureweapons is a waste of time i luv watchin it speically this episode because i was cleaning my ar while i watched a bunch of her sisters on tv.

oh and that guy is a duche

BlackReef
11-16-2007, 10:49 PM
sweet i just watch the show... i was thinkin the same how does a basic idential version of the m4 match up to a saw has 30 round mags at a couple S's a piece then a mag change sounds like a new upgrade to the m4 not a replacement to the saw. and the new sniper rifle did look exactly like an ar-10 with a ff. although futureweapons is a waste of time i luv watchin it speically this episode because i was cleaning my ar while i watched a bunch of her sisters on tv.

oh and that guy is a duche

You kidding me? He was a US Navy SEAL, every one of those guys are top notch guys IMO. Just because he is a TV Host and is required to act/say certain things by Discovery doesn't make him a douche...

sierratangofoxtrotunion
11-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Didn't this seal get something really dumb wrong one time, something like saying the AK shot .308 or something?

BlackReef
11-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Didn't this seal get something really dumb wrong one time, something like saying the AK shot .308 or something?

Am I missing something here? :confused:

Maddog5150
11-17-2007, 9:08 PM

Yeah he did. He cracks me up and for a seal doesnt have basic info like that down. I think the line was something like, "The ak47, fires the same 7.62 round as our sniper rifles." That may not be word for word what he said but it was something along those lines which is really funny because this douche supposed to be a seal sniper.

J_Rock
11-17-2007, 10:53 PM
It was probably scripted. I wont blame him for a writers mistake. Its the over dramatic way he says everything is what bugs me.