PDA

View Full Version : NEED WEAPON REFINISHED IN OC

schmud0811
11-15-2007, 1:50 PM
Looking for a smith who can duracoat/molycoat an ar-15 in flat black in orange county. Preferably south orange county without along wait period. This is for a fellow Marine i work with thank you.

Black Majik
11-15-2007, 2:29 PM
Try Techplate in Anaheim

http://www.techplate.com/

schmud0811
11-15-2007, 2:56 PM
thanks but a little bit more than he wants to spend.

ar15barrels
11-15-2007, 3:00 PM
Make the drive up to see Drawn in Redlands.

Black_Talon
11-15-2007, 4:36 PM
Drawn in Redlands.

Link? Phone number?

I'm looking for a quick bead-blast and black oxide job in SoKal, in case anyone has any leads.

ar15barrels
11-15-2007, 4:53 PM
Link? Phone number?

I'm looking for a quick bead-blast and black oxide job in SoKal, in case anyone has any leads.

PM calguns member "drawn"

http://www.armoryairbrush.com/

tankerman
11-15-2007, 6:12 PM
PM calguns member "drawn"

http://www.armoryairbrush.com/
Thanks for the info. I will be looking him up shortly

duenor
11-15-2007, 6:40 PM
If all you want is a cheap parkerizing job, I might be able to help out.

drawn
11-15-2007, 9:26 PM
PM's and emails sent.
ar15barrels, Thanks for the double tap.

schmud0811
11-16-2007, 8:52 AM
thanks drawn just do not want to drive that far.

ar15barrels
11-16-2007, 9:07 AM
thanks drawn just do not want to drive that far.

Then do it yourself. ;)

schmud0811
11-16-2007, 9:39 AM
i would do it myself if i had the crap to do it. However it is for a fellow marine who deploying in january and would like to shoot his rifle before he goes. he messed the origional finish up with paint stripper.

ar15barrels
11-16-2007, 9:41 AM
i would do it myself if i had the crap to do it. However it is for a fellow marine who deploying in january and would like to shoot his rifle before he goes. he messed the origional finish up with paint stripper.

Home Depot should have Krylon.
That's actually the SOP for re-finishing sniper rifles.
The finish does not effect operation.
He can shoot it all he wants.

schmud0811
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
yeah im a big fan of 'k- kote" thats what i call krylon. But he wants a nice finish on his rifle ect.. He messed the rifle up using paint stripper to get off the krylon that was on it.

Please show me the SOP for refinish our m16s with kryon. Besides SF folks, our weapons get refinished at bar sto for the Marine Corps by 2111's and civilian personnel. if your in a normal unit your not going to spray paint your rifle to refinish it. Some DM rifles are spray painted and sniper rifles are but the average Marine combat unit does not spray paint our rifles as a common "SOP" , would be nice though to cut down on the rust.

drawn
11-16-2007, 4:24 PM
You could ship it to me and let someone else do the driving.

I don't know about bar-sto but the base on the other side of Barstow from FT Erwin has an automated blast house that lifts complete Humvee frames into the air end over end and after the roundish door closes, computer aid control blasts the frame down to bare metal in a matter of minutes. Quite impressive.
I also understand it's one of the only places in California that does real nickel plating, not the wavy matte stuff.

ar15barrels
11-16-2007, 5:23 PM
he wants a nice finish on his rifle ect...

And he calls himself a marine. :rolleyes:

Tell him that a rough finish is proof of rough use. :D

pklin1297
11-16-2007, 7:05 PM
I love the fact I live two freeway exits from where Drew (armoryairbrush) works... :) I can drop off the parts to him when he is there in less than 10 minutes. Drew is refinishing a few pieces for me right now and I can't wait to see them.

My suggestion would be ship it to Drew's FFL in Moreno Valley and then wait for work to be done. If you get it done now the rifle will be hardened enough to be shot by the time your friend leaves for duty. Don't drag it out... Make a day of it and drive it up if you don't want to ship (gas will be less than shipping). My opinion of course but then I constantly drive between OC and IE for work so it is no biggie to me.