PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs up Burro Canyon Azusa

DeadAhead
11-15-2007, 1:36 PM
I went there today in the morning. The staff was cool. I was shooting a WASR10 with MMG, after about 2 mags the range master tested the ammo with a magnet and said I couldn't shoot because it had a steel core. No problem, so I was waiting for a line break to grab my target, and Ron walks over and says "it's going to be a couple of minutes for line break, why don't you come over and shoot my rifle", surprised as hell I said sure. He walks me over to a Remington 700 SPS in 300 win mag and a Bushnell scope on top of it. After about 10 rds and some coaching from him I was killing pumpkins. I didn't want to shoot anymore of his ammo cause of my time schedule and I still wanted to break in my new RIA 1911 at the pistol range. I'm sure he would of let me shoot more, he didn't have to do that, and it was outstanding of him to be generous.
Next I headed up to the pistol range and was shooting next to a man in a cowboy hat. He watched me shoot 2 mags and says "what do you have there?" I show him the pistol and he checks the trigger pull. He says "it's a little heavy, shoot mine and feel the difference". He let me shoot 3 mags and coached me thru it, cause I was shooting low with the RIA. The man would have let me shoot more out of his pistol but I feel bad shooting other peoples ammo because prices are getting high.
This was a great day at the range for me. I always go on weekdays in the morning and never had problems or bad attitudes towards me. I went a couple of times on the weekend but it was just too crowded for me.

gn3hz3ku1*
11-15-2007, 2:14 PM
i have 4000 rds of steel core... and now i gota find a new place to shot it.. are they okay with shooting steelcore after it rains?

wildcard
11-15-2007, 2:16 PM
i have 4000 rds of steel core... and now i gota find a new place to shot it.. are they okay with shooting steelcore after it rains?

Nope. You're better off making some trips out to BLM land.

DeadAhead
11-15-2007, 11:40 PM

They are more lenient after it rains.
If you are interested in trading your 7.62x39 for .223 let me know.

dadoody
11-16-2007, 1:41 AM
The last time I went there I took 3 attractive women with me (aged 19, 21, 23), and everyone seemed so nice to us.

Other people where even inviting my friends to try out their rifles.

I never met a nicer bunch of guys.

duenor
11-16-2007, 8:32 AM
they are more lenient after it rains a heck of a lot and after the rangers say that it is ok to shoot steel again. which is probably never.

sigh* it's all because of that idiot who set the hillside on fire.. what a bleeding idiot... rapid firing his mini14 with m855 steel penetrator ammo intot he hillside... cost nearly 2million to put out.

i have personally fired thousands of rounds of steel jacket/core (legally of course) in the past at ranges where the brush was equally dry. why did i never get a fire? because i WASNT AN IDIOT SHOOTING INTO THE BRUSH!

steel jacket, core bullet hits a dirt berm, there's zero chance of a firing starting. if you start shooting rocks surrounded by dry fuel, however...

what an idiot.

wildcard
11-16-2007, 8:44 AM
I was there when that fire started. Couldn't understand why people stayed to stare and watch. Fire on the mountain should = get the heck out! :confused: Anyone want to join me there this Saturday morning? I'll be zeroing my newly painted and bedded 700P.. and also practicing poisition shooting with my 10/22.

5150-417
11-16-2007, 8:45 AM
Yeah i have about 500 rounds of steal core, last time i went to burro they told me I can shoot the steal core after they have a few rainy day's then we're good to go:gunsmilie:

jasonfb123
11-17-2007, 10:12 PM
guy in shack said after they get an inch of rain in one storm.

gn3hz3ku1*
11-22-2007, 12:11 PM
They are more lenient after it rains.
If you are interested in trading your 7.62x39 for .223 let me know.

i got a couple thousand of that too... ahhaa