View Full Version : Robinson Arms hosted: XCR RANGE DAY 12/16/07 @ Angeles Shooting Ranges

11-15-2007, 7:42 AM
UPDATE 12/17/07: Thanks to all who came by and shot the Robinson XCR on Sunday 12/16/07 for free.
XCR maker: Alex Robinson was the coolest to meet and lots of info he has!
Thanks to Chris @ LAN World too for flying Alex down from cold Utah to warm Southern Cali!
Remember to get your FREE $50 Metroshot gift card when you order the XCR configured your way !
Heavy barrel 5.56mm available 2-3 weeks.
All other configurations available 6-8 weeks.

XCR Range Day hosted by:
Robinson Armament ROBINSON ARMAMENT - XCR Manufacturer, Utah (http://www.robarm.com/)

LAN World LAN World - XCR Distributor, Utah (http://www.landworldinc.com)

Metroshot METROSHOT FIREARMS - XCR Dealer, San Fernando, CA (http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/contact.html)

Shooter's Edge SHOOTERS EDGE PRIVATE TRAINING @ Angeles Shooting Ranges, Lake View Terrace, CA (http://www.shooters-edge.com/)

Shooting the XCR - you choose between heavy barrel, light barrel, fully stocked equipped or basic. 5.56mm and 6.8mm available. Choice of one caliber / platform please. First 10rds are on us. Any additional rounds can be fired - you buy the ammunition from us 20rd boxed - no ammunition from outside sources due to liability & fire danger.

30/10 Round C Products magazines will be used w/ Bullet button mag locks for California compliance. Rangemaster from Shooter's Edge was on site for continued safety & range procedures. Thanks Bruce !

11-15-2007, 7:53 AM
Cool! I have a feeling you are going to sell a lot of rifles that day.

I love my XCR. I am hoping Robinson stays around for awhile so that I can get the support that I need in case it breaks. The weird part is I have never needed support of any kind for any of my firearms other than ordering parts and talking over the phone :D

Mine is about 300 rounds now with various brass ammo at the #4 setting. I don't consider my XCR a real rifle until she has proven to me she can shoot Wolf without hiccups like my M4's can.

Time will tell how if the XCR will be elevated to battle rifle status, but as for now... I am enjoying it, GREAT RIFLE and is a pleasure to shoot.

With Eotech

With it's battle proven brother, Bushmaster M4, which has gone 2000+ rounds of Wolf.

11-15-2007, 9:23 AM
Chris is on the town...watch out... :D

11-18-2007, 7:04 PM
Yeah, Chris is driving down to So Cal and enjoy the nice warm weather!
Hey EricCartman, drive down 12/16 and see how us Californians have to reload (very slowly)...

Hurry, spots starting to fill for that day - shoot an XCR for free!

Warning: shooting a gas piston short stroke XCR might make you never want to shoot a recoil buffer, spring operated AR rifle!

11-18-2007, 7:26 PM
Chris is on the town...watch out... :D

Alex is not coming?
I guess I'll see him in Phoenix then...

11-20-2007, 6:13 PM
I'll be there :D

11-20-2007, 8:02 PM
so...can post some prices for base models

11-23-2007, 9:23 AM
SPECIAL PRICING of $100 less if you purchase on Range Day @ Angeles Shooting Ranges or call in on that day if you can't make it to test fire the XCR in either 5.56mm or 6.8mm.
Please email me at: metroshot@gmail.com if you want a custom configured XCR priced at the Range Day pricing of $100 less!

11-26-2007, 7:16 AM
XCR Range Day spots are filling fast!
Morning half is almost full.
Some room in the afternoon...

EMAIL me to confirm reservations: metroshot@gmail.com

11-30-2007, 8:33 AM
I heard that Robinson Arms representative (I hope its the cute gal there) will be there demonstrating the XCR advantages @ Range Day.

Then Chris from LAN World will be there as well!

WOW, what a party!
Beer anyone ???

12-09-2007, 10:05 AM
UPDATE: 12/8/07 -
Afternoon spots only left to shoot the XCR for free - RSVP @ http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/contact.html

If you want to just come out and watch, no reservations needed...

12-12-2007, 5:13 AM

ALEX ROBINSON - owner of Robinson Armament will be making a personal appearance this Sunday @ Angeles Ranges....

Still not too late to sign up - we have some spots in the afternoon for you to shoot the XCR...

or if you want to just watch, bring your eyes & ears!

12-12-2007, 5:49 AM
I want to rsvp but I don't know which model to pick. pic's? I want to try the 6.8 I know that much.

12-13-2007, 7:18 AM
Pics at the top of the thread (you must be a registered Calguns member) to see the pictures.

RSVP for some spots in the afternoon we have left...

Currently: we have 80 people registered to shoot the XCR w/ Alex Robinson!

20 more spots left.

Register at:

12-14-2007, 7:57 AM
Metroshot has some spaces left for the event if you have this Sunday available to shoot the XCR for free.
Or just stop by and meet the XCR honcho: Alex Robinson...

Make your reservation at:

12-14-2007, 3:19 PM
All of you that RSVPed should have received an email with the header "CONFIRMED...".

If you have not received an email confirming your reservation to shoot the SCR for free, please email me at: metroshot@gmail.com

UPDATE 12/14/07:

Alex Robinson is on his way to the airport to fly in to Southern California.

Let's welcome him on Sunday for making the trip to California to support us in our 2nd amendment rights!

He will be able to answer your questions on the M96 and clear up any issues. Also he will unveil his newest calibers to the XCR lineup:
5.56mm (available)
6.8 SPC (available)
7.62x39mm (Januaray 2008)
6.5mm Grendel (February 2008)
5.45x39mm (next year)

12-14-2007, 3:52 PM
hmm didn't get one maybe its cuz I didn't choose a model to try.

12-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Stop by Sunday even if you are not registered - shoot the XCR (time permitting) because we have a HOT SPECIAL: Buy the gun at RANGE DAY - phone orders & in person - Sunday 12/16/07 and get a $100 METROSHOT gift card for purchase of any accessory or anything we have in stock!

12-16-2007, 4:14 PM
good times. I really want that benelli the .22 and an xcr in 6.8... I just don't know where I'm going to come up with the money. is the bolt release on the right side under the mag release/bullet button on the other side or not? I didn't check.

12-17-2007, 1:48 PM
Glad to see everyone there at our first ever: Robinson Armament XCR Range Day with Alex Robinson, Chris Bieling of LAN World, Bruce Krell of Shooter's Edge and the dealer staff at Metroshot hosting the day.
For those that didn't make it in - here are some of the pix:
COMPLETE PHOTO PICTURES OF RANGE DAY @ Angeles Shooting Ranges: http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/media.html
Click here for pictures --->XCR RANGE DAY photos! (http://www.metroshotfirearms.com/RangeDay2007/rangeday.html)

Alex and Chris showing off how to do a caliber conversion from 5.56mm to 6.8mm SPC to 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 and 6.5mm Grendel:

Alex showing how to take off the XCR barrel & bolt assy for the caliber conversion:

Alex putting it all back together again:

Alex shooting the gun to test fire from 5.56mm to 6.8mm SPC with 6.8mm magazine:

Line up of the 4 models Alex Robinson brought from Utah to us lucky Southern Californians (CA compliant 10rd fixed mag locked / bullet button or Monster Man Gripped):