PDA

View Full Version : AR wrench

RP1911
11-14-2007, 9:33 PM
Looking to buy an AR wrench. Want to install a U-15 stock kit. Anyone know where I can pick one up in Sacramento area?

Thanks,

C.G.
11-14-2007, 9:36 PM
Looking to buy an AR wrench. Want to install a U-15 stock kit. Anyone know where I can pick one up in Sacramento area?

Thanks,

I may be missing something here, but you don't need an AR wrench to install the U-15 (at least not the generation I have).

tenpercentfirearms
11-14-2007, 9:39 PM
You could use a CAR Wrench to tighten on the receiver extension. I just use my hands.

RP1911
11-14-2007, 10:08 PM
Hi Wes and C.G.

I bought a lower that had the tube and spring already on there (not U-15 kit). The nut is super tight. I tried to take it off with my hands and even using a punch pin to get it started. No go.

So a CAR wrench is needed.

Wes, I left you a message on Sunday re buying an upper and I had some questions. When is a good time to call?

ar15barrels
11-14-2007, 11:03 PM
I bought a lower that had the tube and spring already on there (not U-15 kit). The nut is super tight. I tried to take it off with my hands and even using a punch pin to get it started. No go.

If the lower was assembled properly, the plate was staked into the castle nut.

http://ar15barrels.com/tech/castle-nut-stake.jpg

C.G.
11-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Hi Wes and C.G.

I knew there was something that I was missing.:)

tenpercentfirearms
11-15-2007, 5:49 AM
Hi Wes and C.G.

Wes, I left you a message on Sunday re buying an upper and I had some questions. When is a good time to call?

I just checked my messags late last night. You should get a call later today. As it says on the machine, e-mail will get you a much faster response.

AlohaRover
11-15-2007, 6:37 AM
brownells has the RRA stock wrench (739-000-010). It has 3 fingers to grab the castle nut. 8$.

If the castle nut is properly staked you may want to hit the area with a file, or cut off wheel on a dremel first.

I have found the RRA wrench to be better then more expensive single tooth wrenches and the price is hard to beat. FWIW I include these with the stocks.

Pete

RP1911
11-15-2007, 7:53 AM
Randall and Pete:

Does not look like it has been staked. Thanks for the tips.

Wes:

I should have sent an email. Looking forward to your call.

Raffy

762cavalier
11-15-2007, 10:16 AM
RP1911- I am in the south Sacto area and have a wrench you could use. PM me if interested.;)