PDA

View Full Version : Palmdale gun shop insits OLL are illegal.....

The Gunslinger
11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey all I put a call to one of my local gunshops in the anelope Vally(SantaFe Gun Galeria) to see if he'd do a transfer on a OLL. As soon as I said OLL he said right away "will not do it". He said I will not sell or transfer on anything illegal. I mentioned that as they are OffList that it is not band and is legal , his come back was just because you can by crack on the corner dosn't make it legal. I mentioned this site and the literature supporting it and he said "Oh I have pages of documents proving that they are illegal". well I just thought I'd let anyone in the AV know not to go to this guy for any AR needs. Kinda sucks to have to drive to the SFV to purches an OLL or pay over $100? bucks for the transfer in Roseamond, but hey it gives me a good excuse to go to metroshot and check out all the fun stuff...cheers all and good shooting.....

Grouch
11-14-2007, 12:35 PM
print out either or both of these.

http://calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm

http://www.calguns.net/copmemo2.pdf

and give it to them. if they still don't listen then screw them.

Oswald2001
11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Just go somewhere else.

"When one door closes, another door opens."

ARRRR-15
11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
he said "Oh I have pages of documents proving that they are illegal".

I'd love to see those documents. Maybe you can aquire them some how? Ask for copies?

Timberwolf
11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
I won't even waste print on Sante Fe - - go over to Desert Storm on Q (near Palmdale Water) and see what they say.

bigthaiboy
11-14-2007, 1:07 PM
Just go somewhere else.

+1. Talking to some people is like talking to a brick wall. They have convinced themselves that they are right, and there's no budging them. His "pages of documents" probably pre-date 2004 (Fed AW ban). Save your breath and your sanity, and just spend your $$ somewhere else.

Calling a gun shop, a Galeria (correct spelling), is just plain pretencious. :puke:

Galleria (Italian for "gallery" or "arcade"), and Galeria are specifically art galleries.

RRangel
11-14-2007, 1:14 PM
Lol
Those that are familiar with that business aren't surprised.

dondo
11-14-2007, 1:14 PM
It would be nice to see what paperwork he has. Instead of just going the other direction we can counter his every accusation. You don't have to buy anything but we can fight our fight. Would just be nice to have in hand what the other people base their decisions on. If its too "Grey Area" for someone to deal in them they should just say so, noone should say its illegal when it is clearly not illegal.

N6ATF
11-14-2007, 1:26 PM
"If you think OLL's are illegal, I think stupidity is illegal."

The Gunslinger
11-14-2007, 2:04 PM
To tell you the truth I don't know why I was surprised, afterall he told me I'd get arrested for my SU16 a few years ago. Funny thing is now he is selling them. GO figure......

PIRATE14
11-14-2007, 2:21 PM
It would be nice to see what paperwork he has. Instead of just going the other direction we can counter his every accusation. You don't have to buy anything but we can fight our fight. Would just be nice to have in hand what the other people base their decisions on. If its too "Grey Area" for someone to deal in them they should just say so, noone should say its illegal when it is clearly not illegal.

No grey area......when it comes to these OLL.....

CSACANNONEER
11-14-2007, 3:25 PM
I think that's the same shop that told me it was illegal to fire a gun ANYWHERE in Los Angeles and Kern Counties.

shark92651
11-14-2007, 3:36 PM
To tell you the truth I don't know why I was surprised, afterall he told me I'd get arrested for my SU16 a few years ago. Funny thing is now he is selling them. GO figure......

Oh I would have certainly reminded him of that, probalby with a snide comment like "yeah, well a couple years ago you told me that SU-16 rifles were illegal too so I guess this is another case where you really don't know what you are talking about, huh?"

mxpatriot51
11-14-2007, 4:21 PM
I've dealt with Jason (the owner) there before.

He's just not a nice guy in general.

And it seems he doesn't know his OLL laws either.

Full Clip
11-14-2007, 4:40 PM
Ah, so Mr. Fudd has a first name...? Perfect. Jason Fudd. I predict he'll be out of biz within two years if he doesn't get with the times... and the law.

RRangel
11-14-2007, 5:02 PM
Now that I have a little time to comment I would just like to say that dealer pretty much sucks, and not just because I've dealt with him. I believe it's a dealers right to sell or not sell whatever they please.

To give bad info is something completely different. Yes, that shop has been open for years. If this person has spent the effort to obtain "paperwork" to disprove OLL legality I'd say it looks like he's purposely giving bad info because he has some sort of chip on his shoulder. I wouldn't waste time trying to convince this person. Some will, some won't, so what. Stay away because he doesn't deserve your business.

Bucc
11-14-2007, 5:09 PM
+1.

If he want's to restrict his own (legal) income....let him.
Intentional ignorance should be and usually is detrimental to self.

Glock22Fan
11-14-2007, 5:10 PM
I've bought two firearms there, because they had what I wanted in stock. Wasn't impressed by the attitude at all. With the other two local shops offering a much better atmosphere, I never go back there now.

Ford8N
11-14-2007, 5:38 PM
"Oh I have pages of documents proving that they are illegal".

Could someone please go in there and get these documents?

And post what you find out here.

Timberwolf
11-14-2007, 5:52 PM
Doubt any such exists - this is the same guy that told me a few years ago that I couldn't purchase a 700P as they were for LEOs only. I'm shocked he stays in business, must get business from outside the AV..

Bucc
11-14-2007, 6:02 PM
I don't know about this guy but I remember when just about all of the FFLs were saying the same thinig about the 700 PSS.

ohsmily
11-14-2007, 8:04 PM
I don't know about this guy but I remember when just about all of the FFLs were saying the same thinig about the 700 PSS.

I don't remember that because I have never come across an FFL who said they were for LE only. Your anecdotal experience is just that, anecdotal.

This guy in Palmdale is a jack-*** as is any FFL who says OLLs are ILLEGAL. That is different than an FFL making an educated decision to simply not sell or transfer them. That is their prerogative. But to disseminate false information, and state that they are illegal and analogizing the availability of OLLs to illegal narcotics is pure stupidity coupled with intentional ignorance of the law.

racer
11-14-2007, 9:48 PM
have you tried high desert storm

Bucc
11-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I don't remember that because I have never come across an FFL who said they were for LE only. Your anecdotal experience is just that, anecdotal.

And I presented it as anything different?

J_Rock
11-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Someone should sticky a "ban list" of stores and ranges that are OLL unfriendly or just plain stupid.;)

randy
11-15-2007, 1:03 AM
Remington tried to restrict the sales of the PSS to the general public and not all wholesalers would sell the gun to any gun stores.

fal_762x51
11-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Is Stumpy still working there? That would explain it. He's a douche anyways.

The Gunslinger
11-15-2007, 12:42 PM
have you tried high desert storm
Yeh I tried them as well, they said no, they are very frendly there, but have stoped selling uppers and other accesories that have to do with AR's. they said they just don't want the hasle of the AR legality debate. great guys though I have bought a few firarms from them. I have actually boaught at least one from all three gunshops in the AV, but have decidede to stay away from Santa Fe from (now on). I'd rather go to the Gun shop or hight desert storm where they are happy to help and talk shop....cheers!!

DIG
11-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Hey all I put a call to one of my local gunshops in the anelope Vally(SantaFe Gun Galeria) to see if he'd do a transfer on a OLL. As soon as I said OLL he said right away "will not do it". He said I will not sell or transfer on anything illegal. I mentioned that as they are OffList that it is not band and is legal , his come back was just because you can by crack on the corner dosn't make it legal. I mentioned this site and the literature supporting it and he said "Oh I have pages of documents proving that they are illegal". well I just thought I'd let anyone in the AV know not to go to this guy for any AR needs. Kinda sucks to have to drive to the SFV to purches an OLL or pay over $100? bucks for the transfer in Roseamond, but hey it gives me a good excuse to go to metroshot and check out all the fun stuff...cheers all and good shooting.....

Funny but irritating at the same time. ALOT of these older gun store owners are a breed all their own. They will never change their mindset and you can't argue with them about it. Just bring your business elsewhere.
It wasn't too long ago so Bay Area FFL's were still saying OLL's are not legal, etc.. I walk into the one FFL about 3wks ago and behold! ...a OLL for sale! I should have poked fun at him and said that he is going to jail for selling AW's :p I'm glad to see that some have seen the light :)

DIG
11-15-2007, 1:02 PM

This is True.
I think it was the mid-90's. I bought a 700PSS and the tone at that time was "better buy 'em before they are restricted to LEO's only". Of course that never happened.

50 Shooter
11-15-2007, 4:19 PM
That little troll at Santa Fe is the BIGGEST jerkoff you'll ever have the displeasure to meet. I have totally given up on going into his store, High Desert Storm or the Gun Store on Sierra Hwy are better choices.

I don't know how he stays in business with his crappy attitude towards customers. :mad:

Japedo
11-15-2007, 6:23 PM
I read, "I called Santa Fe gun shop," and quit reading right there. I went into that store once last year despite the consistent negative feedback. I'll just say I'll never go back. For us in the AV you have to make the trip to Metroshot no one will touch OLL's here. The trip is well worth it, not that I'm complaining.

jandmtv
11-15-2007, 6:26 PM
i love dealing with metroshot, so far ive got my oll, and 2 aks from there and could not be happier with the service. but then again, they are only 15 minuts away from me. and they are the only ffl in the area that will deal with oll. i think gun country in burbank deals with olls too. but im not sure.