PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on DSA AR Lowers vs. others..

Addax
11-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Opinions on DSA AR Lower?

I have one and I would like to know what others think of this lower vs. CMMG, STAG, POF, Sun Devil etc.

Thanks,
Addax

NSR500
11-14-2007, 11:59 AM
I have a DSA Z4 and it is very plain Jane military park. It also has some tooling marks that my GTS/Stag does not have. If you are really concerned with cosmetics get something else.
Stags, POF, and Sun Devil are all much nicer finish-wise.

PIRATE14
11-14-2007, 3:37 PM
Should be cut by LMT.............:chris:

Addax
11-14-2007, 3:52 PM
I have a DSA Z4 and it is very plain Jane military park. It also has some tooling marks that my GTS/Stag does not have. If you are really concerned with cosmetics get something else.
Stags, POF, and Sun Devil are all much nicer finish-wise.

Thanks,

I am thinking of POF and Sun Devil since they seem to be a stronger lower receiver. I already have a Sun Devil, and compared to the DSA and Stag, it looks beefier. I also have a CMMG lower, and that is one of my best, very well built etc.

NSR500
11-14-2007, 3:57 PM
I don't know how picky you are but before you put money down on a Sun Devil, read up on it. I'd been looking at one too and have read that they use a different aluminum grade. I know the lower on an AR does not take the bulk of the stress, but because they use a different aluminum grade it seems to bother some people.

Addax
11-14-2007, 4:24 PM
Yes, I also heard the same thing, but the walls of the receiver and upper receiver are thicker...

I have one Sun Devil Upper and Lower already, and I was thinking of a second set, but I am now looking more at POF..

Addax
11-14-2007, 4:25 PM
Should be cut by LMT.............:chris:

Did you get my PM regarding the POF the other day?

PIRATE14
11-14-2007, 4:30 PM
Did you get my PM regarding the POF the other day?

no......

PIRATE14
11-14-2007, 4:31 PM
Yes, I also heard the same thing, but the walls of the receiver and upper receiver are thicker...

I have one Sun Devil Upper and Lower already, and I was thinking of a second set, but I am now looking more at POF..

Pretty sure SD are 6061......vs 7075 for the POF.......

Addax
11-14-2007, 5:15 PM
no......

I sent you a new one.

Bucc
11-14-2007, 5:23 PM
I don't know about their AR lowers but their customer service has sucked for me.
I have contacted them several times concerning the fixed mags of their FAL for Kali. and they have never answered me.
I was simply asking how their mags were fixed and they ignored me every time.
I have also heard from several people who own their rifles the fit and finish is less than expected.
I have a close relative in a large So. Cal. metro police dept. and they opted not to use DSA for their AR program, he was part of that decision and said he would not own one personally.
That's all I need to know.

myar15
11-14-2007, 5:36 PM
personally i have a cmmg and it is bad azz. fits my cmmg upper like it was meant to be! tight fit, brilliant finish.

i just picked up a spikes tactical lower. they are off the chain because they have the red and white markings already on them for safety, semi, and full auto (even tho we cant get it stilll looks good). im excited to build that one up. thinking about building a 9 milly upper on that squirter!

jandmtv
11-14-2007, 5:50 PM
i have a spikes tactical lower, and a cmmg upper, and they fit together like a glove. 0 movement between upper and lower.

Addax
11-14-2007, 7:30 PM
I sat down tonight and compared my DSA AR lower to my CMMG lower, and what I noticed was that the side walls on the CMMG were thicker and in some places the CMMG receiver looked like they made their receiver thicker (like around the area of the selector switch the area around the take down pin, plus the magazine well walls vs. the DSA receiver.

Both the DSA and CMMG receivers were equal in finish.

Thanks for all of the input so far guys.

I am also looking at a Spikes Tactical lower with the Punisher logo on it.. :)

PIRATE14
11-14-2007, 7:50 PM
I sat down tonight and compared my DSA AR lower to my CMMG lower, and what I noticed was that the side walls on the CMMG were thicker and in some places the CMMG receiver looked like they made their receiver thicker (like around the area of the selector switch the area around the take down pin, plus the magazine well walls vs. the DSA receiver.

Both the DSA and CMMG receivers were equal in finish.

Thanks for all of the input so far guys.

I am also looking at a Spikes Tactical lower with the Punisher logo on it.. :)

Well....I wouldn't worry too much about thickness.......if you looked at the inside of a M-16/M-4......there isn't really much metal on the sides and it's pretty caverenous...:43:

IH8CALAWS
11-14-2007, 8:02 PM
Everything that I have purchased that is a dsa product I have been pleased with. My type 1 fal upper is beautifully finished and my ar lowers are nicer than my stag I think. I like the hk style selector markings on the ar lowers and all the machining is very clean. I have seen some dsa stuf that is alitle rough but the amount of quality products far exceeds the bad.I would buy more dsa lowers if I have the need for anymore and I most definitely will be buying more fal uppers.

HUTCH 7.62
11-14-2007, 8:02 PM
I have 2 lauers and love them plus the finish matches bushmaster uppers

MudCamper
11-14-2007, 9:49 PM
I have 2 DSA ZM4 lowers, both built out, one with Colt parts, and the other with Bushmaster. Both have performed perfectly. They seem rugged and reliable to me.