PDA

View Full Version : Cooper Rifles

dfletcher
11-13-2007, 11:07 PM
Does anyone have a Cooper rifle and how do they like it? I'm going to get a Model 38 or Model 21 single shot varmint model - 22 Hornet or 222 Remington caliber, haven't yet decided. Any dealers or stores in Northern CA that carry them?

heavyrecoil
11-14-2007, 7:33 AM
Check with Three Seasons Guide & Gun up in Rocklin: 916-315-9525.

Waldo
11-14-2007, 7:35 AM
Between a shooting buddy and myself, we have a few of them:D

Very nice rifles. The test target, although shot at 47 yards in a tunnel, is a good selling point on Cooper's part. On some of the rifles, we've been able to duplicate those test targets at 100 yards. On others, well, I guess we've been trying them on our "off" days.

On several calibers (223 & 204), some of the factory ammo works so well that it's not worth reloading.

Be careful of Nosler's Custom ammo in 6.5/284. Froze the bolt and blew out the primer in my buddy's Cooper. We've informed Nosler, Midway and Cooper about it and everyone points their fingers at each other.

gbp
11-14-2007, 7:41 AM
I believe that Three Season Outfitters in Rocklin is closed.
I purchased a 6.5X284 cooper from him prior to his closing and love it. very accurate. I have not tried any nosler ammo for it as i prefer to reload my own.

1911man
11-14-2007, 9:22 AM
I tried a buddy copper lvt in .22lr and loved it, ended up buying it frrom him. With the federal gold metal ammo that the test target used, i decided to do a test, I set a 12 ga shotgun shell case out at 100m and a 308 case right next to it. On the rifle had a 3x9 leupold, well the first shot went right through the middle of the shotgun shell. I though it was a shot so I zeroed in on the 308 case and pulled the trigger. DING it went down!!!! Since then I bought a 17hmr in a standard barrel. Since I do not hand load I've been lerry to buy any centerfire copper.

P.S. I will want to be buried with that 22 copper.

gunrun45
11-14-2007, 9:47 AM
fletcher, Olde West in Redding has a large selection of them on the shelf.
I have a budy that has one (he used to work there) and its adictive.
They are one of the few guns today that are really worth the money you spend.

dfletcher
11-14-2007, 1:35 PM
Price isn't too much of a problem, but I'm assuming they're for sale at about their list price - Cooper shows $1,300.00 for the 21 & 38 in the calibers I'm after.

Waldo
11-14-2007, 9:54 PM
Three Seasons has closed it's doors. I think if you call the number, though, Stephen will answer. Check with him as far as still being able to order Coopers through him. Super nice guy. The dozen or so Coopers we have were purchased through his shop.

There's something to be said about being able to walk into a shop, look at one and it's target, and buy it. Ordering one is a long wait (it took close to 10 months for my first), and the wood or target may not be exactly what you had in mind.

Even so, it's had to go wrong with one...I might have to make a drive up to Redding to check out the shop with the Coopers!

damon1272
11-15-2007, 7:22 AM
My father has a cooper montana in .308. What an awsome rifle!. 5 shot 100 yard groups - one ragged hole with federal match ammo. If you can afford a cooper than buy it.