PDA

View Full Version : where to get an accutrigger??

RossRinSD
11-13-2007, 6:14 PM
I picked up a Stevens 200 in .308 a couple of months back. I shot about twenty rounds through it to get the scope zeroed and start the barrel break in.

I bought this gun just to go hunting. And really appreciate the light weight after carrying a 91/30 around.

But where can I pick up an Accutrigger? I've seen the Basix around, but heard it was too light for a carry gun.

ocabj
11-13-2007, 6:32 PM
I don't think you can get an Accutrigger trigger assembly from anywhere.

Check out Sharp Shooter Supply's trigger:

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/

Click on Triggers in the Menu. Although, it appears the heaviest it will go is 2 lbs.

jmlivingston
11-13-2007, 6:55 PM
My understanding (from the SavageForums) is that the Accutrigger is not capable of being installed in a Stevens M200 without significant work being done on the trigger however any of the aftermarket triggers are supposed to work just fine.

John

damon1272
11-13-2007, 7:26 PM
Contact sharpshooter like the previous poster said. I had one in my old savage. Great trigger. Once installed I never had any problems with it in about 5000 rnds through the rifle. Sharpshooters sells very good high quality stuff for the savage rifles. That was the trigger savage used to run in thier varmint rifle before the accutrigger.

Army
11-13-2007, 9:26 PM
Or, a Rifle Basix trigger is a great alternative too. Their competition trigger is essentially a copy of the SSS competition trigger.

SSS can go to 10-2ozs. The RB trigger will go to 4-6ozs

I've got both in all my Savages, can't be more pleased with either company.

rksimple
11-13-2007, 9:29 PM
Installed a Timney on my pop's Stevens 200. It was very nice and easy to adjust. The rifle basix is great as well. Both are significant improvements over the factory trigger.