PDA

View Full Version : Carrying a gun in a truck?

bfriz07
11-13-2007, 4:20 PM
I am going to be purchasing a lever action rifle. What are the rules in regards to carrying it loaded? What constitutes loaded? Also, what are the rules in regards to carrying a pump action shotgun? What is loaded? And also a bolt action rifle? What constitutes loaded? Thanks a lot.

norcal_fisherman
11-13-2007, 4:29 PM
According to the Fish and Game Code Section 2006 it is unlawful to possesss a loaded rifle or shotgun in any vehicle or conveyance or it's attachments which is standing on or along or is being driven on or along any public highway or other way open to the public. A rifle or shotgun shall be deemed to be loaded for the purposes of this section when there is an unexpended cartridge or shell in the firing chamber but not when the only cartridges or shells are in the magazine.

Now this is the Fish and Game code... I am assuming you mean when you are hunting. As far as the state penal code, I would contact your local sherriff's office. When I am going to the range or returning from I put my firearms in cases (hard cases or gun socks, etc.) and lock my ammunition in a ammo can in my locked tool box.

Hope this helps

1064chubbs
11-13-2007, 4:29 PM
This has been covered a few times in the 2A section of this forum. Try a search there youll probably get the answers;)

aplinker
11-13-2007, 5:26 PM
The same thread has been posted 3X's now... in the 2A section, general guns, and here. Overkill.

:dupe:

metalhead357
11-13-2007, 5:35 PM
The same thread has been posted 3X's now... in the 2A section, general guns, and here. Overkill.

:dupe:

yep. And here I thought I was drunk and seeing double:cool: ONE Sub forum please:D