PDA

View Full Version : AR 15 - Pre-Ban Threaded Barrel -- Legal in CA???

sierradump
11-12-2007, 4:29 PM
If one were to build a rifle using an O.L.L. using a "bullet-button" or "prince-50" mag lock, would it be possible to complete the rifle using a COLT Pre-Ban upper receiver parts kit?

I know the pistol-grip,telescoping stock, and flash hider are okay - but what about the threaded barrel ???

Is this acceptable in CA?

The only reason I ask is I find them DIRT CHEAP all over the internet...

Kestryll
11-12-2007, 4:35 PM
Upper receivers were never banned, just the lower receiver by name so there is no such thing as a 'preban upper'. It's just an upper receiver like any other.

The threaded barrel is not illegal or an 'evil feature' on rifles in Cali, it's on pistols that they made threads illegal.

Threaded barrel on rifle= fine
Threaded barrel on pistol= bad.

five.five-six
11-12-2007, 4:38 PM
Threaded barrel on rifle= fine
Threaded barrel on pistol= bad.

Threaded barrel on pistol= good & illegal

there, Kes, fixed it for ya

ohsmily
11-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Before you build your OLL, you need to read the LAW. Once you understand SB23 (it isn't very complicated) then build your OLL. Asking questions like yours, while prudent, demonstrates a very limited understanding of SB23. It would be wise for you to read the law governing "assault weapons" in CA, especially the section dealing with what constitutes an AW by features.

wutzu
11-13-2007, 1:13 AM
Before you build your OLL, you need to read the LAW. Once you understand SB23 (it isn't very complicated) then build your OLL. Asking questions like yours, while prudent, demonstrates a very limited understanding of SB23. It would be wise for you to read the law governing "assault weapons" in CA, especially the section dealing with what constitutes an AW by features.

+1 on this.

tenpercentfirearms
11-13-2007, 5:50 AM
I made this to help out.

http://www.tenpercentfirearms.com/index.php?main_page=page_8