PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up the Howa/Hogue M-1500

hamsalad
11-12-2007, 12:42 PM
Turner's had it for a decent price, so I picked one up in .308 Win. Comes with a cheapy Nikko/Sterling scope, too, but I'll most likely replace that soon if it is an under performer. I have a mid-1980's Weatherby with a Howa barrel and it shoots great so I figured Howa is still making good stuff.

Anybody else have one of these?

Can't wait to go shoot it!

I need to slow down on firearms purchases this season!

joe55
11-12-2007, 1:05 PM
I have a Howa Axiom in .308 and really like it. Mine also has the same scope and it seems to be ok. I think you will really like it... I do.

Joe

ar15barrels
11-12-2007, 1:06 PM
I had another Calguns member in my shop recently with his.
I was able to make a massive improvement to the trigger by simply adjusting it a little.

hamsalad
11-12-2007, 1:20 PM
Oh, and Fred over at the Turner's store in Orange was the one who helped me and he was great. Knowledgeable, friendly and also found me a lower price on a fire-rated safe that goes on sale the day I pick up my gun. Way to go!

MobCounty
11-12-2007, 1:29 PM
I have a 1500 .223 Varmint/Hogue on order and look forward to plinking gongs with it. I'd love to hear about that trigger adjustment Ar15Barrels.

apbrian112
11-12-2007, 7:59 PM
I have a Howa Axiom in .308 and really like it. Mine also has the same scope and it seems to be ok. I think you will really like it... I do.

Joe

i'm glad the rifle is working out for... kinda wishing i hadn't sold it. :( i'm sure i'll end up picking up something similar in the future. just concentrating on stuff that i think will get banned in the future. as for the scope... i also didn't think i needed to change it (although i hadn't checked out high-priced scopes due to lack of funds) and it held zero fine. keep on enjoying it!!
-brian-

ar15barrels
11-12-2007, 11:18 PM
I have a 1500 .223 Varmint/Hogue on order and look forward to plinking gongs with it.
I'd love to hear about that trigger adjustment Ar15Barrels.

There's really nothing to say about it.
I just adjust the sear engagement, pull weight and overtravel so that it's much crisper and still safe.

accordingtoome
11-13-2007, 3:38 PM
There's really nothing to say about it.
I just adjust the sear engagement, pull weight and overtravel so that it's much crisper and still safe.

Ya man that was my HOWA in his shop. TRUST me you need to get your howa to him for adjustment. I can't belive i waited so long to have it done.
A+ job Randall

trinydex
06-29-2008, 1:23 PM
so is this setup accurate? there are always kind words for howa, is the knoxx stock addition just icingon the cake?

virulosity
06-29-2008, 3:52 PM
I think the only thing keeping some of these rifles (i say some because I think most will do it out of the box) from sub MOA accuracy is the cheap stock. Floating the barrel should do wonders.