PDA

View Full Version : LMT 2 Stage Trigger Question

jandmtv
11-12-2007, 8:51 AM
i was on the LMT website, and i saw that they offer a 2 stage trigger setup too, and its in the same price range as the RRA match trigger, how does the LMT 2 stage compare to the RRA match 2 stage? which is better?

tenpercentfirearms
11-12-2007, 8:54 AM
i was on the LMT website, and i saw that they offer a 2 stage trigger setup too, and its in the same price range as the RRA match trigger, how does the LMT 2 stage compare to the RRA match 2 stage? which is better?

My RRA and my LMT 2 stage triggers seem to be just about the same. I just have a LMT for my LMT lower and everything else gets RRAs because they are a bit cheaper.

If I remember, I will try to bring my trigger pull gauge home from the shop and report back the results.

Mr. Joshua
11-12-2007, 9:18 AM
Wes- is the LMT supposed to be less prone to failure?

PIRATE14
11-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Wes- is the LMT supposed to be less prone to failure?

Who said the RRA was prone to failure:confused:

jandmtv
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
guys, i dont want to start another thread about the rra being prone to failure, i just want to know which one is of better quality and reliability. the prices are not that far from eachother, so if someone has 1 of each like tenpercentfirearms, please report what your personal opinion is on each one, which do you like better, which feels better, and why. thanx

tenpercentfirearms
11-12-2007, 11:44 AM
None of these are prone to failure. Basically, the LMT is the same thing but made by LMT. That seems to be about it. I might like to think the LMT is nicer, but that would only because LMT is supposed to be nicer and cost a little more.

If this is residual from the RRA 2 Stage NM thread, I would urge people to take those reports with a grain of salt considering not a single other person has been able to replicate that malfuntion. I even banged my Spike's Tactical Infidel build with RRA NM 2 Stage on the garage floor yesterday and was not able to get it to fail.

If this was Mythbusters, that myth would have been busted by now.

CavTrooper
11-12-2007, 11:46 AM
If this was Mythbusters, that myth would have been busted by now.

But its not, its the INTERNET, this will be repeated as FACT for years to come!;)

PIRATE14
11-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Well according to LMT.....the trigger they sell is made of a better steel than the RRA......I just take thier word for this......;)

One could always send them in for DMT if they wanted to check.......:chris:

jandmtv
11-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Well according to LMT.....the trigger they sell is made of a better steel than the RRA......I just take thier word for this......;)

One could always send them in for DMT if they wanted to check.......:chris:

i wonder if thats actually true. if it is, then its worth the extra $50

jandmtv
11-12-2007, 12:35 PM
you know i hate to admit it, but that fu@kin post about the RRA not being safe and all is still stuck in the back of my mind, and even though my better judgment is tellin me that its not true the rra is safe and not flawed, just the peace of mind alone is worth the extra $50 for the LMT trigger. not having to ever think about that subject alone is worth forking more money on the LMT trigger, and it sucks, because im sure RRA makes a good product, and they deserve my business but this just goes to show you how 1 stupid post could put doubt in a persons mind and make him spend more money for a little peace of mind.

supersonic
11-12-2007, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE......I just take thier word for this......;)

:rofl2:

tenpercentfirearms
11-12-2007, 2:58 PM
you know i hate to admit it, but that fu@kin post about the RRA not being safe and all is still stuck in the back of my mind, and even though my better judgment is tellin me that its not true the rra is safe and not flawed, just the peace of mind alone is worth the extra $50 for the LMT trigger. not having to ever think about that subject alone is worth forking more money on the LMT trigger, and it sucks, because im sure RRA makes a good product, and they deserve my business but this just goes to show you how 1 stupid post could put doubt in a persons mind and make him spend more money for a little peace of mind.

That is too bad. I have no doubt my triggers are fine. In fact, I just built a Spike's Tactical build with a RRA in it and took it out and banged on it, no good. I am not going to tell you whose it was, but at least I took the buffer out. Don't test it with the buffer as you will bend your buffer retaining pin all too hell.

supersonic
11-12-2007, 3:35 PM
[QUOTE= im sure RRA makes a good product, and they deserve my business but this just goes to show you how 1 stupid post could put doubt in a persons mind and make him spend more money for a little peace of mind.[/QUOTE]

If all of us thought like that, we'd be neck-deep in sheet.:(

Gshock
11-12-2007, 5:21 PM

Believe me, if anyone here ever had a problem with an RRA trigger, people would have been all over it and it would have been discussed extensively. RRA triggers have thousands of positive reviews here, I can't say the same for LMT, although I'm sure they're fine too, or are they? :shifty:

jandmtv
11-12-2007, 5:33 PM
lol, thats what i was planning on finding out, but has anything bad ever come out of lmt?

rorschach
11-12-2007, 5:45 PM
Ah, just as I predicted...the Richard Gere effect.

guimus
11-12-2007, 6:49 PM
did you hear the one about LMT and the gerbil?

adamsreeftank
11-12-2007, 8:12 PM
I have two LMT two stage triggers sitting unused in my parts bag. The trigger pull was so much grittier and had so much more creep than the RRA ones I have used I swapped them out without even firing the guns.

Let me know if you want them. I'll even trade them for new RRA two stage triggers.

jandmtv
11-12-2007, 10:02 PM
really..... it was that bad? hmmmmm this is getting good. i just got back from Randalls (AR15Barrels) shop, and he said that the lmt had trigger slap that the rra did not. so now im starting to lean more towards the rra.

supersonic
11-15-2007, 12:24 PM
really..... it was that bad? hmmmmm this is getting good. i just got back from Randalls (AR15Barrels) shop, and he said that the lmt had trigger slap that the rra did not. so now im starting to lean more towards the rra.

TRUST ME: the RRA 2-stage is 'da sheet. I have 'em on 2 of my rifles!:) If you want THE BEST price on one, go here:www.crtguns.com, ask for Dave.

jandmtv
11-15-2007, 12:25 PM
thanx i went with a RRA already. Randalls advice on the RRA convinced me. lol and ur right, it feels really nice.