PDA

View Full Version : Updated IOR 4-14x50

Prc329
11-11-2007, 9:24 PM
I got a chance to shoot her today with the new scope. The knobs are so much easier to use then the original design. The original ones work well but were a little tricky to "zero". The new knobs have 4 allen screws on each side. Loosen the screws and the knob turns freely. The only knob you loosen two allen screws and hold the top of the knob while you rotate the numbers. The numbers did still click but since you are holding the upper portion of the knob it does not change position.

The problem with the old knob is the possibility of moving your zero by accident while repositioning the knob. I know this first hand by re-zeroing my windage knob before a match. It knocked me off 3 moa :(

Back to the info at hand. The updated knobs have 25 moa of elevation per turn of the knob. This is very nice because you can get elevation changes extremely rapidly for long distances. For my chosen load I can get to 900 yards without making a full rotation of the knob.

The glass actually seems better then before. It was much easier to read mirage with the new scope then the old one as well as resolution appeared to be higher. I have no way of being for sure or if it is a placebo effect but I am pretty pleased with my upgrade. The old IOR is definately worth the money. I loed it and it served me well as it should the new owner. The knew scope is worth the upgrade if you are a current IOR owner. I put 117 rounds on it today. Shooting was going very well until I my groups started opening up. I thought maybe I had a defective scope but then I realized my dumbass didn't torque my rings to the base properly and they came loose a little and the scope was moving back and fourth, side to side. Would change my point of impact 1 moa to the right. Once I fixed that the groups became 1/2 moa with a couple of one hole groups.

Today was just a good day of shooting. Everything just aligned and groups were terrific.

BTW Angeles keeps adding steel. There was a hanger at 400 yards that had 4 targets and a wind flag on it. There was a target that appeared to be about 2 moa in size at 400 yards. Very cool making that thing spin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/IMG_0485.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v425/naytwan/Guns/DSC01214.jpg
She is almost complete.

Ratters
11-12-2007, 7:23 PM
Wow!

PistolPete75
11-12-2007, 7:36 PM
your rifle has sure come a long way. very nice!

rksimple
11-12-2007, 8:17 PM
Lookin' good. Maybe you should hold off on installing the new barrel if your current one shoots so well. If not, I'll take it!

Prc329
11-12-2007, 8:25 PM
I may just do that. Wait till I shoot it out.

tdo315
11-12-2007, 9:35 PM
like the new paint job. Did you do that yourself?

Prc329
11-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Yeah. It was fun to do.